• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temperature of Mini Fridge on the WISH

Back in the days when the Magic and Wonder had just coolers, if you had medication that required a cooler temperature you could request a real refrigerator. Wonder if that still happens if what Disney is advertising as refrigerators aren't cold enough?

You can request a real refrigerator? How long ago was that?

You can request a real refrigerator? How long ago was that?
Before the Dream launched in 2011. The Magic and Wonder were built with refrigerators but people here posted here that due to inadequate ventilation in the cabinets they failed quickly so they switched to cooling boxes. However, others have reported since then that they went back to refrigerators after a few years.
What stumps me is that the Disney Cruise Line website lists that all the ships have REFRIGERATORS and the medical information says those are cold enough to keep medicine. People here clearly have different experiences.
I would suggest calling Disney to ask.

Wonder if Disney just wishes they could remove all the fridges/coolers from DCL and the resort rooms? Not having the cost of them running 24/7 has probably entered their mind.

Can you provide more info about the switch (location, etc.)?
Ya, i literally got down on all fours & at the very back on the left there’s what looked to be a like. 3 position switch. Flipped it one way (don’t remember if it was up or down) then shut the drawer. Checked it again a couple hours later & it hadn’t really gotten any colder. Flipped it he other way sure enough it got colder.

Ya, i literally got down on all fours & at the very back on the left there’s what looked to be a like. 3 position switch. Flipped it one way (don’t remember if it was up or down) then shut the drawer. Checked it again a couple hours later & it hadn’t really gotten any colder. Flipped it he other way sure enough it got colder.
Thanks for the sacrifice😆. Might try this at the resorts!

Thanks!

Hey there! It's great that you're planning your travel and considering the mini fridge situation in the staterooms. You'll find real mini fridges on the Wish, not just drink coolers. These mini fridges are meant to offer the convenience of keeping small items cool, including drinks, snacks, and even medication requiring refrigeration. Unlike regular drink coolers, these mini fridges typically have a temperature control feature that allows you to adjust the cooling level. It means you can set the temperature to the desired level to ensure your medications stay properly chilled throughout your cruise. Before your cruise, double-check with the cruise line or consult their website for any specific guidelines or features regarding the mini fridges on the Wish. This way, you can be well-prepared and ensure your medication stays in the best condition during your trip.

Hey there! It's great that you're planning your travel and considering the mini fridge situation in the staterooms. You'll find real mini fridges on the Wish, not just drink coolers. These mini fridges are meant to offer the convenience of keeping small items cool, including drinks, snacks, and even medication requiring refrigeration. Unlike regular drink coolers, these mini fridges typically have a temperature control feature that allows you to adjust the cooling level. It means you can set the temperature to the desired level to ensure your medications stay properly chilled throughout your cruise. Before your cruise, double-check with the cruise line or consult their website for any specific guidelines or features regarding the mini fridges on the Wish. This way, you can be well-prepared and ensure your medication stays in the best condition during your trip.
I have been on The Wish twice and this just wasn't my experience. Even when I adjusted the settings, it never got cold enough that I would have been comfortable keeping milk or medication.

I have been on The Wish twice and this just wasn't my experience. Even when I adjusted the settings, it never got cold enough that I would have been comfortable keeping milk or medication.
Same here. I felt the fridge on the Wish did not get as cold as the ones on the other ships.

We keep beer in the cooler drawer and I place my water in there. It's cold enough for beer or my husband would be having a fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter