Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I'm not in Disney, but I helped friends who are in Disney, book their boarding group this morning. I can confirm that we had to select individual names. In their case, it was just 'select all' and they got boarding group 5. I thought I read that this was only the case for practicing, but it was also the case on your actual Hollywood Studios day.
Shouldn't be like that, they are typically auto selected day of reservation, but that's 2 days in a row where it's been an issue. Hopefully they fix this soon, the process is nerve-wracking enough, people don't need to be scrolling their list of names to be successful

I'm not in Disney, but I helped friends who are in Disney, book their boarding group this morning. I can confirm that we had to select individual names. In their case, it was just 'select all' and they got boarding group 5. I thought I read that this was only the case for practicing, but it was also the case on your actual Hollywood Studios day.
Were you logged into their account with their pw?

Thanks. Hopefully this is a glitch that they quickly fix. As you were able to get them BG 5 it sounds like it may have happened to many people. We'll see what others report today and over the next few days.

Thanks for following up.
When I got ours yesterday (or previously this week) I did not have to select anyone to proceed. I have one more try on Sunday so I’ll report back then!

I tried the 6:59:58 method someone mentioned previously for clicking the first join. This did NOT work. But I was still able to do a quick refresh, join, select all, join for another successful practice. I will wait until 7:00:00 going forward unless I see a change here.

I use to wait til 6:59:59 and twice was too early. So tried join again got a bg the one time and was too late the second time.

Hi all. Another day, and we got boarding group 4 this time! We did have to 'select all' before booking. This is my friends' last DHS day, so I can't provide anymore info after today. Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: CJK
Hi all. Another day, and we got boarding group 4 this time! We did have to 'select all' before booking. This is my friends' last DHS day, so I can't provide anymore info after today. Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Thanks for this update. When you selected all were there more than just the people with reservations today that got thrown in as well? My daughter and her friends and I are going without the rest of our family and I’m worried I’ll have to deselect the ones not there at some point, which would waste a lot of time.

ERUOTE="Loopster, post: 63185988, member: 577496"]
Thanks for this update. When you selected all were there more than just the people with reservations today that got thrown in as well? My daughter and her friends and I are going without the rest of our family and I’m worried I’ll have to deselect the ones not there at some point, which would waste a lot of time.
[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I can't answer that question, since all people in the MDE account had park reservations and were going to the park. Hopefully someone going in the next little while can answer that for you!

I wonder if you sitting home on fast wifi is giving you an advantage over people at disney using much slower cell and wifi service.

My largest concern is I'm practicing at home with blazing fast wifi but my cell service is1/7th the speed.

I wonder if you sitting home on fast wifi is giving you an advantage over people at disney using much slower cell and wifi service.

My largest concern is I'm practicing at home with blazing fast wifi but my cell service is1/7th the speed.
I had the same concern so now I practice with the lower speed just to see what happens and am trying to figure out the lowest possible speed it’ll work. Hasn’t been great, but my speed on data is barely 2 Mbps so am hoping it’s a better connection when I’m there. My wifi ranges from 20 - 110 Mbps and I’ve been successful at most of those.

I am really concerned about the new process of having to select people. I am connected to at least 20 people in MDE due to some large family trips. It feels impossible to scroll through everyone to pick the right people quick enough. Please keep sharing experience with this process.

I am really concerned about the new process of having to select people. I am connected to at least 20 people in MDE due to some large family trips. It feels impossible to scroll through everyone to pick the right people quick enough. Please keep sharing experience with this process.
Same here. I wish there was a way to rearrange them so the people you’re with are all together for the selection process. They’re together under “we’re planning together” but I feel like when I try to practice getting a boarding pass everyone in my entire list is just all mixed together. It’s frustrating.

Same here. I wish there was a way to rearrange them so the people you’re with are all together for the selection process. They’re together under “we’re planning together” but I feel like when I try to practice getting a boarding pass everyone in my entire list is just all mixed together. It’s frustrating.
When I was preparing for our canceled 2020 trip and you had to select each person, I changed the name of everyone who wasn’t going on that trip trip. I added a letter z to the beginning of their last name. That put them at the bottom of my list. It was easy to change it back later.

When I was preparing for our canceled 2020 trip and you had to select each person, I changed the name of everyone who wasn’t going on that trip trip. I added a letter z to the beginning of their last name. That put them at the bottom of my list. It was easy to change it back later.
I was going to recommend this too but when I go in to MDE I don't have the option to change the name of anyone who I don't have 'control' of. Many people in my list are shared with me so I don't have any choice but to remove them fully from my list. I was hoping not to have to do this as if we travel again it's not always easy to add them but I may not have any other choice.

Hoping they change back to the 'pre-selected with park reservation' system but if not, I'll be removing people from our list before we go.

If you select all in the park won't it default to those who have a park reservation for the day?

I'm thinking it is the reverse of when people have a party of 10 but only 8 got BGs with the previous process. I'm just speculating since I have never been in the park to try to get a BG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter