Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Just to clarify, when "practicing," you don't need a park reservation for that day? Foolishly (and this is why you practice - ha!), I joined right at 7am (using the time.gov clock as my guide), clicked join on the next page, and then foolishly chose the two other people who would be in my group who didn't pop up (as I didn't have a park reservation for today). I'm thinking that was my downfall today. I should've just gone with me as a test. However, I just wanted to clarify that I don't need to test again with an actual park reservation -- I should've just kept hitting join, then join, then join -- as the instructions clearly say to do!!! In the real life scenario, the third join page would have all guests listed?

First time trying. Normal cell service. Just waited till I saw my phone clock turn 9am. Got group 38. :)

Yay!!! Have fun, you’re gonna love it!!

Just to clarify, when "practicing," you don't need a park reservation for that day? Foolishly (and this is why you practice - ha!), I joined right at 7am (using the time.gov clock as my guide), clicked join on the next page, and then foolishly chose the two other people who would be in my group who didn't pop up (as I didn't have a park reservation for today). I'm thinking that was my downfall today. I should've just gone with me as a test. However, I just wanted to clarify that I don't need to test again with an actual park reservation -- I should've just kept hitting join, then join, then join -- as the instructions clearly say to do!!! In the real life scenario, the third join page would have all guests listed?

You can practice if you don’t have a park reservation, you’ll just get a “not so fast” type of screen in lieu of the little astromech with your number and approximate return time. If you see that not so fast message when practicing it means you were successful and would have gotten one if you had a HS reservation.

And yes just click join join join, don’t select anyone in your group, it wastes valuable time. When people fail due to non technical/speed reasons it’s almost certainly because they stopped to do that. It’s not even necessary because the app will automatically select everyone with HS reservations for that day. If it glitches and someone gets left out you just go to the guest experience team CMs at the blue tents and they will sort it out. They can add someone to BG, but they can’t give you one cause you failed due to clicking too much

Please take the time to read post 1 as it contains help for all of these questions. Thanks.

lol I was like damn an early group, no sleep today

Any idea around what time our groups might be called?

There should be an anticipated return time posted on your BG notification. It is directly below your BG number. Will be listed in minutes.

Didn't manage to get a BG at 7am on 6/28 but did get one quite easily at 1pm. I think I slightly mistimed it by a second while trying to coordinate with other family members. I did get BG 97. Rise was down a few times earlier in the day but our BG was called around 3:30. By the time we finished up a snack at Baseline Tap House, and walked over a little after 4pm, it had gone down again. Came back up around 5pm but it was pouring so we waited maybe another half hour before getting in line. They were letting anyone in with a BG that had been already called which created a bit of a line but we were on by about 6pm.

I'm not sure we will bother getting up early to try at 7 next time. If I'm already up, sure I'll try, but 1pm seemed less stressful and we've been on it before so not the end of the world if we don't get on again.

When a board group is called it gives an actual 1 hour return window. Until then it is only an estimated return window, nothing official. Once your BG is called you have 1 hour to return to the ride.

There is no reason a CM should have challenged you returning at 5 if you were within your 1 hour return window. Was this the case or had your return window opened and closed prior to 5?
Our return was 10:30
The ride was broke and the CM said to return a time it was running up until 8
We returned three times when it was running (on the map) only to find it broke down again.
It actually broke down with us on it too

Yesterday I had my 2 sons practice with me at 1:00. For the first time ever the at-at screen disappeared from my Home Screen. I refreshed it with a few seconds to go, tried reopening the app and that didn’t help, so I tried using the virtual queues option from the three bars on the bottom, but by then I was too late. I told my boys that’s why we all try, because something like that can happen at any time. I should have gone straight to another method of joining, but thought I could try getting that screen back.

That is normal. All will be pre-selected when it's your actual park day.
It was a little different than my other practices. I was always able to move on without pre-selecting my group. This time I had to select myself too before I could go to next screen.

It was a little different than my other practices. I was always able to move on without pre-selecting my group. This time I had to select myself too before I could go to next screen.
Oh, I see. I misunderstood. Hmm... That IS interesting!

I was just going to say this am when I practiced I wasn’t pre selected. I had to hit select all, but then if it were real people without a park pass would have hung us up. So I would have had to choose 11 people out of my list of 14. I hope it was a one day glitch, and not the new way it will be.

I had thought maybe it was because we had originally had DHS park passes for today, but since we arrive this afternoon I switched them to Epcot. But since others reported the same issue I don’t think that’s the cause. Tomorrow I try for real, but it isn’t our main DHS day. I’m kind of anxious now, I’ll have to see what happens at 1.

FYI. When I was practicing from home today no one was pre-selected.
Yes, same for me.
I was just going to say this am when I practiced I wasn’t pre selected. I had to hit select all, but then if it were real people without a park pass would have hung us up. So I would have had to choose 11 people out of my list of 14. I hope it was a one day glitch, and not the new way it will be.

I had thought maybe it was because we had originally had DHS park passes for today, but since we arrive this afternoon I switched them to Epcot. But since others reported the same issue I don’t think that’s the cause. Tomorrow I try for real, but it isn’t our main DHS day. I’m kind of anxious now, I’ll have to see what happens at 1.
I think the system didn't select you today because it recognized you don't have a park pass reservation for DHS today. May be a change in the programming. However, I believe that on "the big day" you and everyone else in your F&F list who does have a DHS park pass reservation that day will automatically be selected, just as they have been in the past. If not, we'd be seeing a lot of reports here from people who weren't selected automatically even though they did have the required park pass reservation for today.

I think the system didn't select you today because it recognized you don't have a park pass reservation for DHS today. May be a change in the programming. However, I believe that on "the big day" you and everyone else in your F&F list who does have a DHS park pass reservation that day will automatically be selected, just as they have been in the past. If not, we'd be seeing a lot of reports here from people who weren't selected automatically even though they did have the required park pass reservation for today.
I imagine you’re right, it didn’t pre select me because I didn’t have a park pass. But it always has before, that’s why I (and the others) noticed and posted. Maybe they did change something overnight, and you are definitely correct that we would likely have found out by now if people with park passes weren’t pre selected. I’m curious about the 1:00, and tomorrow.

I'm going to test this at 1:00 today to see if the same change was made for the 1:00 BGs?

In the past, when trying to book on a day that you did not have a park reservation, the person trying was automatically selected. Going to see what happens today and will report back.

If we need to make changes to Post 1 we'll be sure to do that to reflect the most current process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter