• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

The day we arrive (flight from Canada August 21) is one of our Hollywood Studios days.

I just got notice that our flight got pushed out to later that morning. This means we're likely to miss the 1pm HS window by a few minutes. Sigh ....

I was thinking of trying to obtain a Boarding Pass at 7am, hoping we could get lucky/boarded some time after 1pm - we will be at HS by about 1:30 / 2pm.

Wondering .... if we miss our boarding group time ... has anyone had any luck in speaking with a CM and falling on one's sword/begging to be allowed on later in the day?

I know, I know, it's not good form ... just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like that being allowed?

Cheers

Last edited:
We are currently in a backup boarding group. But it isn’t showing which group they are currently on. Is this a glitch or is it normal? Last time we had a back up bg it told us which they were on throughout the day.

We are currently in a backup boarding group. But it isn’t showing which group they are currently on. Is this a glitch or is it normal? Last time we had a back up bg it told us which they were on throughout the day.
Typically when no boarding group is showing as loading, it means the ride is down.

I apologize if someone has stated this before. When I was at DHS last week, there were so many people asking CMs how to get boarding group for ROTR. I feel bad for those guests.

I apologize if someone has stated this before. When I was at DHS last week, there were so many people asking CMs how to get boarding group for ROTR. I feel bad for those guests.

Even if the steps were posted on giant boards outside the park, the walls of their hotels, or the buses to the parks, a large percentage of people will STILL not take even a modicum of time to do any reading or research.

Even if the steps were posted on giant boards outside the park, the walls of their hotels, or the buses to the parks, a large percentage of people will STILL not take even a modicum of time to do any reading or research.
I agree! This post clearly states 'Read 1st post before commenting' yet people ignore that and ask the same questions here day after day after day.

Many people would just rather ask then read and in this case it works against them as by the time they're asking CMs, they've already missed 50% of their opportunity to get a BG for a day.

We haven't been to Disney since any of the Star Wars attractions have opened. I keep seeing all of the frustrations about getting boarding passes to Rise of the Resistance. My family plans on going 2022 sometime and I have a couple questions about RotR. 1) Is it worth all of the aggravation and planning and frustration? Obviously we would want to ride it, but is it worth 2 days of HS just to better our chances of riding it? 2) What is it about the ride that makes it necessary to have to do the 7:00 AM fight to get boarding passes? Why not a typical rider line with a Fast Pass line (once they come back on-line) like all of the other rides? Is Disney just trying to avoid 6 hour lines again (I'm looking at you Anna and Elsa)?

1. Yes. It’s an amazing experience. But honestly, I don’t see it as a lot of “aggravation and planning and frustration”. Watch a tutorial, follow the steps, and it’s a few seconds of adrenaline. Don’t get it at 7? Chances are fantastic you will get it at 1. I’d only book two days there if you really want two days there, and it fits with your other plans.

2. Ride capacity is much, much lower than demand each day. If they did it standby, people would line up upon entering the park, the queue would stretch throughout the park, and they’d have to cut it off at some point. So yes, they are avoiding all-day queues. People who are in a queue are not buying food or experiencing anything else.

So, we're probably doing 5 days at the park (no park hoppers) and we usually do MK twice. So, I am trying to figure out whether to switch our second day to HS. Do you really think if we miss the 7:00 window that we would definitely get them at 1:00? If so, that make my decision much easier.

So, we're probably doing 5 days at the park (no park hoppers) and we usually do MK twice. So, I am trying to figure out whether to switch our second day to HS. Do you really think if we miss the 7:00 window that we would definitely get them at 1:00? If so, that make my decision much easier.
No guarantee.

But honestly, I don’t see it as a lot of “aggravation and planning and frustration”. Watch a tutorial, follow the steps, and it’s a few seconds of adrenaline. Don’t get it at 7? Chances are fantastic you will get it at 1. I’d only book two days there if you really want two days there, and it fits with your other plans.

I agree… I think many of those not having success are just not doing it in the best way to maximize their chances. We are now 7 for 7 at 7:00 am as are many others that know what they are doing. That suggests to me it is not a “lottery/luck of the draw” exercise as many say.

Best to have a relatively new phone with a fast processor. Turn off all functions that might slow down the processing. Have the most up to date version of the operating system. Close all apps except MDE.

Use a speedtest app to find the best spot available and use whatever is faster, probably data not wifi.

At 6:59 and 58 seconds hit join from the main screen. I do not refresh. Immediately hit join again and then again. Do not read the new page, do not check for members in your group. And lastly, regardless of what others, including CMs, say, have everyone in your party make the attempt.

By 2022 I would think park capacity would no longer be a concern. I would keep both DHS days expecting to be able to switch to another park when/if you get a boarding group the first day.

Enjoy the ride and yes, virtual queues are much better than 4-6 hours in line at rope drop.

We haven't been to Disney since any of the Star Wars attractions have opened. I keep seeing all of the frustrations about getting boarding passes to Rise of the Resistance. My family plans on going 2022 sometime and I have a couple questions about RotR. 1) Is it worth all of the aggravation and planning and frustration? Obviously we would want to ride it, but is it worth 2 days of HS just to better our chances of riding it? 2) What is it about the ride that makes it necessary to have to do the 7:00 AM fight to get boarding passes? Why not a typical rider line with a Fast Pass line (once they come back on-line) like all of the other rides? Is Disney just trying to avoid 6 hour lines again (I'm looking at you Anna and Elsa)?

Yes it is a fantastic ride, and a long one, too. ROTR is a combination of Disney imagineer's best ideas and inventions on rides. There is a little bit of everything, from storytelling to the thrill! I practiced getting the 7am BG from home for about 2 months prior to my actual DHS day. The practice paid off and I was able to get BG on both of my DHS days at 7am. If you are the lucky ones who visit WDW all the time and don't mind waiting for Disney to add the physical lines to the ride, then you can wait! But there is no guarantee that Disney would do so. Virtual Queue might be the new way to do Disney in the near future.

I once heard that BG at 7am is gone within 3-5 seconds. 1pm is gone within 10-12 second. There is no guarantee that if you miss 7am then you would get at 1pm. It's all how fast and how precise you join to get the BG.

I have two people in my friends & family list who are not going on this trip. They do not (obviously) have park reservations, but I cannot remove them online, I keep getting a message that I have to call. I do not want to call because the wait times lately have been abysmal. Will these two people impede our ability to join the queue quickly?

I have two people in my friends & family list who are not going on this trip. They do not (obviously) have park reservations, but I cannot remove them online, I keep getting a message that I have to call. I do not want to call because the wait times lately have been abysmal. Will these two people impede our ability to join the queue quickly?

No, the system will only recognize those with tickets and a park reservation that day.

I was there in June - Tried over 3 different days and was unsuccessful. One the third day I didn't even bother trying at the 1 pm time. Was doing it with 2 separate phones, not on wifi, all the usual tips. Queue filled up in several seconds.
Would I enjoy riding it - yes. Will it be there for many years and I'll have another chance sometime in the future - yes. I still enjoyed my vacation, and I was still lucky enough to be at WDW.

Thanks Disney family! I will definitely research how to get boarding passes before we go and keep our fingers crossed!!! I think we'll keep our plan of 2 days at MK and 1 at all others. If I do decide to add a day it will be for HS just to make sure (or maybe ride RotR twice).

We just got home yesterday. As a lot of others, we were stressed about not getting boarding passes. We did HS on July 6th and 9th. On the 6th we were BG 11 and on the 9th BG 2. This was our first trip trying to get boarding passes. I do not know what others do wrong but we did follow the advice we received from these boards. On our first day, as soon as we started our boarding group the ride went down. They did scan our wristband which worked like a fast pass later in the day when it was running again. It stayed down from 10AM until 5PM. They did make an announcement that no boarding groups would be given at 1 PM.

I agree all of the suggestions already mentioned above (DATA NOT WIFI!!!) The only thing that I have to add is that if this is important to you then you can "Practice" getting a boarding group any day at 7am. You can open the MDE app at 6:59AM and right before 7 you can start tapping the Join button. If it says that you do not have a park reservation then that means you completed the task quickly enough to have gotten a boarding group.

I practiced for about a week before going to Disney (last trip was April/May 2021). I was successful at getting a boarding group at 7am for both days that me and my girlfriend went to hollywood studios. Additionally I was successful at getting a boarding group for her cousins at the 1pm slot when they arrived.

If you have any questions please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter