Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Sorry if this has been asked.....

If we use 4 phones, using my account info, will this hurt us? Will it even work, or can I only do this on my phone/app?

I'm curious if now that boarding groups are available past 2pm, if anyone has tried hopping to HS and getting a boarding pass.

I'm curious if now that boarding groups are available past 2pm, if anyone has tried hopping to HS and getting a boarding pass.
Just to clarify, boarding groups may be available some days past 2pm but not always.

So far we have not had any reports on this thread about people who hopped to DHS who were able to get a BG but like you, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who tried and if so, were the successful?

Just to clarify, boarding groups may be available some days past 2pm but not always.

So far we have not had any reports on this thread about people who hopped to DHS who were able to get a BG but like you, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who tried and if so, were the successful?
Yes, should’ve worded that differently since the way I worded it makes it sound like it’s always available past 2.

I wonder if the system makes you have a Park Reservation, or if just scanning into the park would be enough (while Park Hopping and trying to get a BG- IF they were still available...)

Thank you to everyone who posts on here! Never been so nervous before I went to a theme park. I was shaking as I hit join, but my first try I got Boarding Group 6 this morning (thanks to all the tips and pointers). I was literally so excited and my family (husband and 2 kids ages 7 and 9) were like what’s the big deal. I think they realized once on the bus to the park as they overheard people talking about not getting a boarding group that I had did something amazing (or so I like to think 🤣) for them, which would have not happened without this board. And BG 6 on top of that!!!! So thank you again! The time.gov was a key piece of it as well as practicing to be familiar with the screens.

Has anyone else opened the time.gov site, and checked if their phone turns to 7:00 at the exact same time? Mine does so I’m wondering if I can just hit join at the instant mine turns to 7? Or am I making it too simple?

I usually start at 6:59:59 and I use my Apple Watch to count down the seconds while I Have my iPhone at the ready

I wonder if the system makes you have a Park Reservation, or if just scanning into the park would be enough (while Park Hopping and trying to get a BG- IF they were still available...)
The assumption (and also stated by Disney) has always been that a park reservation was required, but since BGs have never been available past the 2pm park hop time, in theory it has never actually been tested.

Has anyone else opened the time.gov site, and checked if their phone turns to 7:00 at the exact same time? Mine does so I’m wondering if I can just hit join at the instant mine turns to 7? Or am I making it too simple?
No, I think as long as your phone time matches exactly, you're good. Most phones are off by a little bit and there's a lot of variation.

The assumption (and also stated by Disney) has always been that a park reservation was required, but since BGs have never been available past the 2pm park hop time, in theory it has never actually been tested.
Don't they also say you have to be on the resort or something? And that only one person can try to get a BG per group? Hopefully the BGs continue being available after 2pm and someone can test it out.

Surprised to see that no one is speculating how the 7AM Individual Attractions Selections buy-in for ROTR will affect the Virtual Queue and the number of Boarding Groups allocated to it. I've never missed a VQ attempt to date, but feel the enormous amount of Disney-server traffic at 7AM for both the ROTR buy-in as well as all of the other Genie+ Lightning Lane traffic at that time will really make this a very tough BG to get when the time comes. Not to mention that all other future VQ's, i.e. Remy, Tron, Guardians will likely all happen at 7AM as well. Yikes!! What is with 7AM anyway????

Last edited:
We did have a week or two late January into early February where this was happening. I can’t remember if anyone tried / was successful at that time either.

ETA:
Found a page where we had 3 days in a row of BGs open past 2pm in January. I looked up to a week after but didn’t see any definitive answers from anyone trying to hop at 2 and get a BG:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/page-894

Last edited:
Last time we were at WDW, there were no virtual queues. And, surprisingly, I'm having trouble finding information on how they work. Can the masses here educate me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter