Temps in January

dachsie

DIS Veteran
So how is the water temperature for the beaches and pools in January? Also air temps too I guess. Is it too chilly in the mornings to do beach or snorkeling or such?

We went at the end of Jan. last year and it was too cold 7 out of 9 days we were there to use the pool. Most of the days I could have worn pants and a t-shirt and light jacket to the parks. Temps for use were 50's most days. One day it was a high of 36! That doesn't mean that it will be like that when you go but you never know!

We went at the end of Jan. last year and it was too cold 7 out of 9 days we were there to use the pool. Most of the days I could have worn pants and a t-shirt and light jacket to the parks. Temps for use were 50's most days. One day it was a high of 36! That doesn't mean that it will be like that when you go but you never know!
The OP was actually referring to Aulani, the Disney resort in Hawaii. I agree with you about WDW often getting cold in January, though.

january air temps will probably be around mid 70s, they do heat the pools when the weather is cooler. you could get some days in the mid/upper 60s and some nights as low as the mid 50s.

I think they got some kinda award for using the pool water/shower water to cool the ac systems (and ac systems to heat water)

january air temps will probably be around mid 70s, they do heat the pools when the weather is cooler. you could get some days in the mid/upper 60s and some nights as low as the mid 50s.

I think they got some kinda award for using the pool water/shower water to cool the ac systems (and ac systems to heat water)
What about the beach? its the snorkeling I am not sure about. lol

snorkeling...on the north or west facing shores will likely be a very bad idea (big waves can last well into and past january some years).

the water (assuming its safe for snorkeling) will likely be on the colder side, depending on where you're coming from...even if its the coldest its ever been in hawaii by a few degrees...theres a good chance its still warmer than where you came from...even dripping wet with very brisk winds from the north.

mornings would be the coldest water temps, with late afternoon, early evening being warmest (possibly still not "warm" even then).

We have t been in January but have a few times in early/ mid February and it is great. We actually have had less rainy days on our Feb trips than our April trip last year. The pools and beaches have many others who find it acceptable swimming weather as well. The air temp doesn’t change much, but the water does some because of currents. The only water I find too chilly is the rainbow reef, the ocean is better for me. Coming from Seattle the temps are amazing that time of year. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter