Tennis courts at CR

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
Now I know they have taken out the tennis courts, but have they taken out all of the courts? Will the Contemporary not have tennis anymore? DH used to play with the pro there and I wonder if WDW will have a pro onsite anywhere? Any suggestions on how I can find out?

Now I know they have taken out the tennis courts, but have they taken out all of the courts? Will the Contemporary not have tennis anymore? DH used to play with the pro there and I wonder if WDW will have a pro onsite anywhere? Any suggestions on how I can find out?

I believe they are taking out 4 out of 6 courts. I could be wrong but thought that 2 of the courts were outside the construction area on the plans.

the pictures on the resort board - shown them all gone - and Cont guests were being referred to GF.

if they build them back is a guess. if DVC then yes they will back. If Cont suites your guess is as good as mind.

The pro (Michael) is alive and well at GF now. My ds still takes lessons from him every time we are there (he's a wonderful instructor). Michael also said that his tennis business is actually better at GF.

As for the Cont. courts....that's why they moved him, to tear down the courts for the DVC building.

The pro (Michael) is alive and well at GF now. My ds still takes lessons from him every time we are there (he's a wonderful instructor). Michael also said that his tennis business is actually better at GF.

As for the Cont. courts....that's why they moved him, to tear down the courts for the DVC building.

Hummm......*perhaps* that "suggests" something!

dis-happy: Thanks so much for this info. When we were there in Nov '05 Michael said that he would be probably be moving over to the GF. Thanks for confirming that. I will definitely be getting a rental car for this next trip so DH can make the trek over to GF. Maybe this will help me talk DH in getting an add on if they do build DVC at CR. Though he did love the stay at the GF, me not so much, I love my Epcot resorts! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter