Teppan Edo

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Always been a huge fan of Hibachi type Japanese restaurants. And Teppan Edo appears to be in that style.

The menu does not seem similar to what Im used to.

How is the food and does this meal include the typical Ginger salad and soup that many Japanese restaurants have.

The meal is very similar to your local hibachi place. The biggest difference will be not having any fried rice, which for me will limit me returning. I think the fried rice is the best part and since it's technically Chinese they have normal rice instead, they used to have a beef broth rice too, but I'm not sure it's still served. But they still have the soup and salad and the sauces.

It is fairly normal hibachi. The noodles are different but good. Overall the food is just a touch better than your standard hibachi experience, but not insanely great or anything. It is a satisfying meal, but not particularly 'Disney'. We have gone a couple of times. You will probably enjoy the meal, but it isn't a must do.

We've gone a few times and have enjoyed it each time. Aside from the noodles vs. rice thing, the meal is pretty much the same. Ginger Salad and soup per entree. The show is the same as well ( volcano or train engine onions, shrimp tails in the pocket, etc ). You'll have the standard choices, chicken, several cuts of meat and fish for the main course.

Lack of fried rice is probably the biggest menu difference from other Hibachi places . I second an earlier comment that the food is probably better than most hibachi but not by much. I did feel that our hibachi chef was very enthusiastic throughout the entire meal/performance. I've been to a few non-Disney hibachi where the chefs just kind of go through the motions. Not the case at Teppan Edo. Our chef Edo was on top of the performance component and engaging throughout the meal.

Looking forward to Tappan Edo, dinner ADR first time eating there in October.. first time. Any great desserts there?:confused: Thanks:goodvibes

We ate there for the first time in May and my wife and two sons really enjoyed themselves. Me I am not a big fan of the food or style but based on their reaction I can still recommend it.

I think it is good, but not great. We have better Hibachi restaurants where we live.

We really like it. The last time we went this past August it was the best I’ve eaten there. (The filet)

We've been to numerous Teppanyaki restaurants nationwide over the years. Teppan Edo while decent ranks at the bottom of our list. Food, chef's show, decor were rather mundane in comparison. In WDW area try Kobe Japanese Steakhouse near Disney Springs. It is excellent.

typical hibachi fare...been there several times....ranging from ok to very good!

Looking forward to Tappan Edo, dinner ADR first time eating there in October.. first time. Any great desserts there?:confused: Thanks:goodvibes

The ginger cake is what dreams are made of. I never would’ve given it a try but it was “free” with the DDP. I’m now in love!

We really enjoy Teppan Edo. Fantastic service, engaging chef.

Opinions, of course, are always going to differ but we do this every trip. In comparison to what we have at home, we feel like the quality is better at Teppan Edo with the exception of the aforementioned fried rice (which our local restaurant makes spicy and it's amazing.)
I like the iced green tea.
If you're going for an appetizer, the Wafu ribs have always been fall-off-the-bone tender.
As for entrees, I've had the filet, the steak and chicken, and the teriyaki julienne beef (this is wonderful.) You do start with the typical salad but no soup. I really like the sukiyaki beef rice, and they have always asked if we wanted more. The hibachi vegetables are wonderful along with the noodles.
As for dessert, I don't care for any of them, really, but the green tea cheesecake was interesting.

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Teppan Edo--I thought the quality was very good. DH liked it so much that he's requested it for our next trip. I had avoided TE for years, mostly due to the comparisons to standard hibachi that "you can get at home". I just didn't find that to be the case. Service was excellent as well.

Always been a huge fan of Hibachi type Japanese restaurants. And Teppan Edo appears to be in that style.

The menu does not seem similar to what Im used to.

How is the food and does this meal include the typical Ginger salad and soup that many Japanese restaurants have.
We just returned from our trip and ate there last week. We previously ate there last January. Not sure why, but we did not find the food as good as it was in January. Also, there was a larger group of young adults who ate fast. My husband and I are older and eat a bit slower. The larger group left when I was still eating my dinner. As we had the dining plan, we were also allowed dessert. The staff was certainly rushing us to finish up which began to annoy me. It's not like we were hanging around for hours as we were in and out in less than an hour. We did not encounter that in January when we were there. Again, the food was just ok this time but the atmosphere did not work for us. The ginger salad was good. It's worth a try!

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Teppan Edo--I thought the quality was very good. DH liked it so much that he's requested it for our next trip. I had avoided TE for years, mostly due to the comparisons to standard hibachi that "you can get at home". I just didn't find that to be the case. Service was excellent as well.
Many people on dis suggest avoiding it if you have habachi in your hometown...cause those are probably better and since you can get it at home, why bother at disney. Also, many people dont like that there's no fried rice at Teppan Edo. Well let me tell you, ive been to hibachi places in my hometown and guess what? I still think Teppan Edo is far better in terms of food and atmosphere. Way better. And i've been to a few different ones in my neck of the woods.

And fried rice? Thats Chinese, not Japanese. So of course Teppan Edo wouldn't have it. They're trying to be authentic.

FWIW, I thought the food at teppan edo is very good. I always have the filet when i go there. Its so good. But to each their own of course. ;) That's just my opinion.

I look forward to trying it - we didn't have large enough stomachs on our last trip to accommodate a teppanyaki meal AND a sushi meal! Now, this upcoming Japanese restaurant, I am so excited for! :D we WILL make room in our tummies somehow!

Been there a few times and it's very good. We have some great Hibachi places around us but I think Teppan Edo compares nicely. If you're in the mood for it, it can be a lot of fun. Your "fun" mileage will vary though depending on the chef you get. Some are more lively than others.

We like Teppan Edo. The closest hibachi place to us is 1.5 hours away and it's easily twice the price so I like to do Teppan Edo when we're in Disney. I find the steak quite good and, when they served mushrooms as part of the vegetables (they haven't done that the last two times), I actually ate them dipped in the white sauce and I hate mushrooms.

They used to serve sticky white rice only which is what I've only ever had in Japanese restaurants near us - never fried rice. Then they switched to the sukiyaki beef rice which I can't eat because it has bonito flakes in it and I'm allergic to seafood so they always provided me with the white rice (which they obviously still had but just didn't serve as standard). I've heard recently that they switched back to the white rice which makes me happy; regardless, that's what I'll end up getting because of my food allergy but DH will be happy too because he prefers the white when eating Japanese. Love the ginger salad. I wish I could make a dressing as good. I've tried but it just isn't quite the same.

Been there once and, like PP, we like having fried rice with our meals. And yes, Japan does serve fried rice 'yakimeshi', it's not just a chinese dish. We enjoyed it, but the food was not much better then what we get from our 2 Japanese habachi places in our area. The 2 Japanese hibachi places where we live actually gives you both fried rice and Japanese noodles, so were lucky:)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter