Teppan Edu - what’s happened to dinner

Sitting down at Teppan Edo right now. At a hibachi table. About to order off of the usual hibachi menu. I’m not sure the staff here is even aware of the issue!
I assume they gave you a paper menu, given that there is no longer any hibachi menu online for dinner.

I am surprised at the amount of panic this has caused people. Not for one second did I think that they changed up the menu.
And if we just ignore changes to Disney's online menus, make reservations and show up to eat, we would have every right to complain if the changes were real. Because Disney should just continue serving (and charging) what we believe they will, regardless what their published information says they will.
:rolleyes1

I just applied logic to this. What is more likely, that Disney has an IT glitch(which we all know that they have a laughable amount of issues), or are they seating people at the Hibachi tables but serving them food from the other restaurant and that they did not notify anyone of this change. To me, that just does not make sense that they would do that, and just for dinner, their busiest time. I am surprised at the amount of panic this has caused people. Not for one second did I think that they changed up the menu.
Gold star for you

And if we just ignore changes to Disney's online menus, make reservations and show up to eat, we would have every right to complain if the changes were real. Because Disney should just continue serving (and charging) what we believe they will, regardless what their published information says they will.
:rolleyes1
Of course. How many people go back to look at the menu after they book. But I can't see Disney completely changing not only the menu, but the whole style of cooking and NOT letting people know. Plus, why would they only change it for dinner and not lunch? I know that it is popular now to think the worst of Disney, but give them some credit. There is absolutely no reason for them to change the menu like that. Disney doesn't even run the restaurant, it is owned by the Mitsukoshi company. Everyone panicked for no reason.

There is absolutely no reason for them to change the menu like that.
There are any number of reasons for a menu to be changed. Teppan requires supplies and staffing that could be subject to shortages. They could be having equipment issues. Maybe they just decided this was more profitable. I'm sure there is a standard disclaimer someplace that they can make any change they like at any time for any reason, and dining guests have no recourse. Aside from canceling: yeah, they'd probably waive the $10 cancelation fee.

Of course. How many people go back to look at the menu after they book. But I can't see Disney completely changing not only the menu, but the whole style of cooking and NOT letting people know. Plus, why would they only change it for dinner and not lunch? I know that it is popular now to think the worst of Disney, but give them some credit. There is absolutely no reason for them to change the menu like that. Disney doesn't even run the restaurant, it is owned by the Mitsukoshi company. Everyone panicked for no reason.

Yeah I immediately knew it was a mistake because there is no way they would have the hibachi tables for lunch then completely change over to a different menu at dinner with the same tables. Or change people’s reservation to a different restaurant without notifying them separately since the menus are very different.

Currently unable to book a Teppan Edo dinner reservation for October stay. Only option is lunch. What is going on?

Part two of the saga. The Tokyo Dining dinner menu is now the Teppan Edo dinner menu. 🤣
Sounds like the two are somehow linked in their system.
Now when I click on my Teppan Edo dinner reservation next week, it’s blank. It doesn’t even show the name of the restaurant in MDE. :rolleyes1

Now when I click on my Teppan Edo dinner reservation next week, it’s blank. It doesn’t even show the name of the restaurant in MDE. :rolleyes1
On the website, Tokyo Dining's pages look like they are back to normal. Teppan Edo's lunch menu is there, but dinner goes to Stitch.

Just found this issue! The website seems to suggest Teppan Edo is only open for lunch. I really hope that's not correct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter