Teppan Edu

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
Tell me a little about this place. We've never been before, and my family loves hibachi grills....is there anything 'Disney' about this restaurant or is it just like your typical hibachi grill you can find anywhere?

It is a typical hibachi grill. We didn't find it "special" at all and in fact, didn't enjoy it as much as our own local hibachi grill. I looked for our pictures from the trip but didn't see them. I will look again in a minute for you to see if I can show the portions.

Last edited:
I love Hibachi grills as well, but I agree with BridgetR3. Teppan Edo is just not as good as most of my local hibachi options and they do not doing anything different than a typical hibachi place.

typical hibachi grill you can find anywhere. its great, but like i said nothing i cant get at home. so its soemthing we do if we cant decide on anything else, since we can get it at home.

I do quite enjoy Teppan Edo and while it does resemble much of the Hibachi restaurants out there, it is in Disney. If you are in EPCOT and do not feel like leaving, then this is a good option. I think the food is good quality and if your kids enjoy tiny onion volcanoes, then it is a fine option. My son loves shopping in Japan so we tend to spend more time here anyway.

I agree with the previous posters, nothing special that you cannot get (for less) at your local teppanyaki joint. Also, no open flames for "flare" at Disney as they do not permit that in this restaurant. Nothing overly Disney about the meal or the experience.

There is nothing wrong with the food, it's not that it's bad or anything. To me, if you're on holiday, I'd look into something you could not easily get near where you live.

I think the food is fine but they sort of starve you. We were still hungry after our dinner and that never happens.

Here are some pictures from our last trip there in Fall 2013. Our grill master was great! He was friendly and did a great job preparing the food. As someone else said, it's not that it's bad, it's just not Disney-special.

This was my plate before I ate out of it. The two mushrooms in the bottom left are from my DH's plate.

We have dined at Teppan Edo, and our kids enjoyed it, but we left property last trip (I know, I know :rolleyes1) and went to Benihana at the Hilton in DD and the kids loved it! The portions were much bigger, and the show was more entertaining. (And our bill was about the same).

Here are some pictures from our last trip there in Fall 2013. Our grill master was great! He was friendly and did a great job preparing the food. As someone else said, it's not that it's bad, it's just not Disney-special.

We've had this same person two times. Once at Christmas 2013 and our most recent trip Spring 2015. The first time he was our chef, he asked where we were from (Dahlonega, GA) and he talked about the ranger camp (in town) and being stationed at Ft. Benning, GA. Small world. We thought it was very neat to see him again.

I agree with others. This place is nothing special. The food is good, but that's it. Well, most of the food is good. That rice with meat or something is gross.

The reviews of this always make me giggle and realize what a rural area I live in! 'It is nothing you cannot get at your local hibachi grill.' I would have to drive 3+ hours to find a hibachi! :D Seems perfect for us!

How many can be seated at one grill? We will have 7 adults & 3 kids (8, 5, & 3)...

Nothing fancy but it's one of the better food quality restaurants in Epcot. We don't do hibachi places by us anymore. We have a chain called hibachi grill by us and I wouldn't take my dog to eat there. That was awful. Teppan Edo is on par with a Benihana if you've got one by you. It is more expensive than eating at home but so is everything else at Disney. It's just like people paying $20 for a bowl of pasta in Epcot.

The reviews of this always make me giggle and realize what a rural area I live in! 'It is nothing you cannot get at your local hibachi grill.' I would have to drive 3+ hours to find a hibachi! :D Seems perfect for us!

How many can be seated at one grill? We will have 7 adults & 3 kids (8, 5, & 3)...

7-8 adults

We've eaten there once before. It's your typical hibachi restaurant. The food was good and so was our cook. I have heard stories about other cooks being, well, not so enthusiastic.

We have a hibachi restaurant in our town and the food there is far better than Teppan Edo. This is the only reason that we'd never go again.
But if you love hibachi and rarely get the chance to go to one, then I would strongly recommend it.

Same with me. And I live in a small city of 25,000 souls. I'd have to drive at least 3 1/2 hrs in heavy freeway traffic to Toronto to get anything similar. I've got an ADR here for the Fall b/c I can't get anything similar or better where I live. I wish it had more flavour . . . and I will have to ask for soya sauce or something to kick it up when I go back . . . but the only sub I would consider for this would be the sister Tokyo Dining restaurant & its incredible roppongi entree - tempura scallops & shrimp. No cooking show. But incredible food! :-)

This made me giggle. I live in a small (<5000) rural town with more cows than people. But there are 5 hibachi restaurants (that I know of) within an hour of my house.

Teppan Edo is better than the worst and worse than the best local-ish place.

Portions are smaller than we are used to at home -- which is ok, because at home it is too much food and we end up sharing.

We have it scheduled for our next trip. My kids love any hibachi, and I'm going to make them sit through meals at Sanaa and Jiko, so this at least this meal I know the'll eat something other than dessert.

Last edited:
Teppan Edo was the first Hibachi we ever ate at, so maybe it holds a different meaning for us, but we like it better than the local ones around home. And my family has an odd obsession with the YumYum sauce there, lol. We ask for it at other hibachis and it's just never as good as it is at Teppan Edo. I do think it's a solid choice-food is good, service is top notch, and it's a great place to have a break in WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter