Terminal C - JetBlue Departure Only

Chirple

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are traveling to MCO in December; the airfare I am seeing seems high (2 adults, one-way bookings in each direction).

For our departure from MCO, we have enough points for two tickets on JetBlue, which, irrelevant, is a different airline than our arrival. We will have one checked bag each.

Since I keep reading how big Terminal C is and how far the walk is to baggage claim, how is it for departures? Are baggage check-in locations far? Long walk to security (have TSA Pre-check)? I am trying to think of timing ahead of booking.

Hi, we are traveling to MCO in December; the airfare I am seeing seems high (2 adults, one-way bookings in each direction).

For our departure from MCO, we have enough points for two tickets on JetBlue, which, irrelevant, is a different airline than our arrival. We will have one checked bag each.

Since I keep reading how big Terminal C is and how far the walk is to baggage claim, how is it for departures? Are baggage check-in locations far? Long walk to security (have TSA Pre-check)? I am trying to think of timing ahead of booking.

We just flew JB out of terminal C for the first time last month. The luggage check in was close, the area is bigger than the other terminal, but not far at all. Security is not far from there & was very quick compared to the other. There were 2 people in front of us at Precheck who were gone by the time we got to the agent.

And then the long walk started. The gate was a long walk from the security area. So that was a little annoying, but the quick check in & security more than made up for that walk.

We just flew JB out of terminal C for the first time last month. The luggage check in was close, the area is bigger than the other terminal, but not far at all. Security is not far from there & was very quick compared to the other. There were 2 people in front of us at Precheck who were gone by the time we got to the agent.

And then the long walk started. The gate was a long walk from the security area. So that was a little annoying, but the quick check in & security more than made up for that walk.
This.

Have flown out several times. No issues with luggage drop off or security but plan for the long walk to the gate lol. There are lots of stores and places to get coffee, etc. so if you leave yourself enough time it makes it a bit better.

I have yet to figure out why they didn’t install mobile walkways like Terminals A/B.

I have yet to figure out why they didn’t install mobile walkways like Terminals A/B.
Terminals A and B don't have mobile walkways (moving sidewalks).

They were in the original design for Terminal C but were cut for budget reasons.

I did not mind departing from terminal C everything was very fast and easy yes some gates are a bit of a further walk but easily made up for by the security and check in being right in front if you. The security line is none existent at least now and since it opened from what I read. Arrival let’s just say you need to go up to go down and through some long hallways of nothing.

They were in the original design for Terminal C but were cut for budget reasons.
There are moving walkways between Terminals A and B going by the shops
https://www.airport-data.com/airport/photo/031225.html

In checking, I see they are talking about adding walkways in Terminal C. I may not live long enough to enjoy them if they are completed!

We flew JetBlue out of MCO and terminal C for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic. I wish we could fly out of there every time but we usually fly southwest. Bag checking and security was a delight compared to the main terminal! I didn’t think the walk was any longer than any other terminal. The place is bright and new with lots of shops. It was so much less chaotic than the main terminal at MCO.

Nope. Those were removed in 2016. The only ones that remain are from the parking garages to the main terminal (A/B), through the tunnel.
Wow! Interesting… do you know why? I only used them when I was arriving on ME and needed to cross to get to the other side for my flight. I always liked them because, well, I’m old and frequently travel alone… with end of resort checkin managing suitcases at the airport can be a challenge. Terminal C is actually much better for checkin and luggage. But the hike to the gate has left me requesting a wheelchair… moving walkways would definitely help!

We flew JetBlue out of MCO and terminal C for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic. I wish we could fly out of there every time but we usually fly southwest. Bag checking and security was a delight compared to the main terminal! I didn’t think the walk was any longer than any other terminal. The place is bright and new with lots of shops. It was so much less chaotic than the main terminal at MCO.
I agree with this. Terminal C is lovely. We loved it. Our Lyft driver loved it too because it’s easy to get to. It’s quiet and peaceful and easy to navigate. We breezed through TSA pre check. We were the only ones there in fact. Hubby flew on Delta that trip (long story) and said his terminal was mayhem.

I spend a fair amount of time flying in and out of MCO, and never picked up on the fact that they don't have moving walkways (I spend a decent amount of time in other airports, too, so you think it would be something I would notice). 🤣

Terminal C is much nicer than the other two terminals with more space and seating. I definitely prefer it over A & B.

All of the MCO terminals have trams that go to/from the gates.

The new Terminal C also has a tram to connect to A-B. Haven't been to MCO since C opened so can't comment on how long a of walk it might be. For A-B it never seemed that long of a walk and they have far more gates then C.

1691962275851.png
1691962370030.png

Pretty normal terminal....
Security, seems to be a lot faster than A/B terminal

Any extra time spend walking in that terminal (not conceding there is a longer walk) is more than saved in security....

Terminal C is pretty cool

Thanks so much for all of the responses. It sounds like it might be comparable to Terminal C at EWR, which is huge, where the majority of our gates are the furthest from the security checkpoint.

Thanks so much for all of the responses. It sounds like it might be comparable to Terminal C at EWR, which is huge, where the majority of our gates are the furthest from the security checkpoint.
I always hated Terminal C at EWR the most… then they opened the new Terminal A… it is at least as massive! :headache: So a Jet Blue EWR to MCO flight now has you hiking at both ends of your trip!

BTW, old Terminal A was one of my favorites… security was always a mess but small and manageable. So sad :(

I always hated Terminal C at EWR the most… then they opened the new Terminal A… it is at least as massive! :headache: So a Jet Blue EWR to MCO flight now has you hiking at both ends of your trip!

BTW, old Terminal A was one of my favorites… security was always a mess but small and manageable. So sad :(
Our May United flight was originally assigned to new Terminal A and then switched to Terminal C. Old Terminal A was the real reason why we got TSA Pre-Check; the security lines there were awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter