Terra Nova Guy and the Raiders of the Lost Park - an August 2018 TR *COMPLETE* 4/28

As much as it's unfortunate the Tish was down for the count that morning, it's nice that you were able to get some touring time with your daughters! I'm with you about Jasmine's new outfit. I'm not a huge fan. But I've heard that Jasmine often got a pretty hard time from creepy guests, so maybe they were trying to avoid that. If I had my 'druthers, I'd just rather there just be a way to smarten up the creepy guests though.

Packing them in ice and resting them had helped slightly, but not to the point where she wanted to face walking

Wow! That is a pretty extreme case of BUMMER!! :(

so it was just me and the girls heading to Epcot

Not always a bad thing and in this case, maybe a win-win.

Even though we were there pretty early, the posted wait time was already 65 minutes.

:scared1: Just after rope drop?

Wow, if you’re not dead centre, the Eiffel Tower

Yes, we can add The V1agra Tower to the Puke Cups.

and wishing we could smell oranges instead of dirt

So much this.

any ride like the orange side that has barf bags as standard equipment is not worth the risk of ruining my day)

Why?! Why don't they install a barf bag distribution stations at the exit to the Puke Cups?

The “new” Green side is just OK. Not as interesting as the old ride and definitely not something I would wait more than a few minutes for. But we flew over our house, so that was something.

Soarin' used to fly over my childhood house. Was so sad to see that one go.

deliberately to force people to hike back and forth across WS and encourage spending on drinks and ice cream.

This is a 100% plausible theory.

10a1k7.jpg

I had to pause for a few moments at the Morocco pavilion.

Best one to pause in.

Waiting 40 minutes in a furnace hadn’t put me in a great mood.

You need cold booze.

We definitely needed a break by now. My first thought was to see Impressions de France which I have never seen in person (I have watched on YouTube and I love the music, it’s very relaxing). We must have just missed a show because the wait time was longer than we felt like waiting.

Aw, such a shame, Jeff. I know you'd really enjoy this.

You need cold booze.

Besides, it was 5 o’clock somewhere and alcohol was calling.

Like I said, you need cold booze.

the Grey Goose Citron Slush

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere it is. ;)

I KNEW IT!

Best table back there! Sat there a few times myself.

Nothing astonishing, but it was enjoyable and it got us out of the heat again for a while.

My take on it too. I'll go on it just for the AC and to get off my feet.

1. Mission 1: ride Test Track at rope drop since we don’t have any FP all trip. Do we ride TT? No
2. Mission 2: Meet Princesses! I made a big song and dance at the beginning of this report about trying to meet all 11 official Princesses, and it’s been ages since we met one. Time to catch up! How many Princesses do we meet this morning in Epcot? Five (Mulan, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Snow White)
3. Mission 3: get a frozen drink that has been on my “to do” list for a while. What drink do I get? Grey Goose Citron Slush

Can't remember my answer to #1, but nailed 2 and 3. Woot!

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride?

2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the 17 pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!)

3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant?

1. After.

2. Tiana and Pocahontas?

3. Beaches and Cream

Some of you may remember in my last update I had mentioned my wife and her feet that were basically broken at this point.

Yep.

her least favourite park (I know, I know :sad2:).

:sad2: is correct.

My intention was to do Test Track stand by, since we did not have a FP at all during the trip (thanks to the Epcot tiers

Wish they didn't have those. Especially (maybe that's why) since there are so few rides worth getting FP for in the first place.

Trying to get some advantage from our near-rope drop morning, we headed over to Soarin’ which was only a 15 minute wait.

Not bad.

We weren’t as lucky with our seats this time and ended up on the bottom row, far right.

Word of advice. When you get to the point where they tell you where to sit... Just say "could we get middle top row please?" You may have to wait until the next show, but who cares? So you wait an extra 5 minutes. Big deal. And...

Wow, if you’re not dead centre, the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a limp noodle.

… you won't have to be subjected to that!

they had changed the Green side

I just heard about that. odd.

But we flew over our house, so that was something.

Well... okay, that's cool at least. Did you wave?

the last princess meet was Ariel, 4 days ago

Really, that's all you need.

But I’m laughing at the due in front doing his rendition of “Let It Go”.

:laughing:

we were still 3rd in line. But that’s certainly not too bad.

Not bad at all!

I think they do that deliberately to force people to hike back and forth across WS and encourage spending on drinks and ice cream.

You know... you could be exactly right.

this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit.

Travesty of epic proportions... because now you see less of her epic proportions.

I had to pause for a few moments at the Morocco pavilion. I really like it, especially the hidden rooms in the back with the fountains.

My least favourite pavilion. Just doesn't appeal to me.

We were about 20 minutes early for her start time, but waited along with several other families.

Dude.... ditch the kids and get a Grey Goose slush!

Even the Photopass photographer, who was also waiting for her arrival, seemed to be getting a little fed up with her extra beauty sleep.

Narcoleptic Princess.

Mind you they don't look like they suffered too much.

My first thought was to see Impressions de France which I have never seen in person (I have watched on YouTube and I love the music, it’s very relaxing).

It's a nice break. Nice scenery and... you sit… in air conditioning.

the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic and just what I needed

Told you! Possibly my favourite drink. (I don't consider Dole whip float a drink)

(I was debating between this lemon one and the orange, I’m sure either are good, so the orange will have to wait for another time).

I've only had the lemon. I should try the orange... but I know I'll like the lemon better.

Katie was able to walk hand in hand with Snow up to the wishing well for the meet.

Awwww... :)

I got to see the Three Caballeros animatronics that were added.

Oh? Hadn't heard of that. huh.

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride?

2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the 17 pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!)

3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant?
1. before
2. No frickin' way am I going back! Pocahantas… and... no clue.
3. Beaches & Cream

ll I can say is that we meet them and I must have been in a chipper mood because I even have selfies with both of them.

upload_2018-12-13_20-34-1-jpeg.369809
upload_2018-12-13_20-34-52-jpeg.369811
I think your definition of chipper is very different from mine :-)

Well, they all came with Mickey straws, which we collected and brought home in the end – about a dozen of the little suckers. It’s not that I don’t appreciate environmentalism – I try to be as green as I (practically) can – but I have to wonder how we used less plastic taking home a stack of thicker, hard plastic Mickey straws as opposed to thin plastic disposable straws. Anyhoo…rant over.
Casey kept getting mickey straws everywhere we went and here I thought it was because she was "special." I totally didn't catch on to it being part of anything vaguely "environmental." But surely using a straw made from more plastic is more friendly :P

bviously you miss the projections so I wouldn’t recommend it for your first time seeing HEA, but if you want a more relaxing experience, I say go for it.

upload_2018-12-13_20-44-26-jpeg.369820
This is one of our favorite spots to watch the fireworks. We are not good waiters and hate crowds and in Fantasyland you don' have to worry about either!

She was a bit nervous about BTMRR but agreed to try it. Hooray! I’m happy to report that she loved it.
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Time to catch up on our official Princess meet challenge! (In case anyone was wondering, the last princess meet was Ariel, 4 days ago :scared1:)
Better step that princess game up!

Since my last trip was 4 years ago, this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit. Having to look elsewhere in the room for lamps and a magic carpet, I photographed the meet and moved on.
This outfit is so bad. Again clueless me had no idea it was political correctness that changed the outfit, I just thought it was time for a change. Now I'm very curious to see how they dress live action Jasmine.

A full 20 minutes after her posted start time, Sleeping Beauty finally strolled over to the gazebo. Waiting 40 minutes in a furnace hadn’t put me in a great mood. It’s the first time I ever noticed an obvious delay with a meet start time, but I guess that can happen occasionally. I don’t think there was much chit chat and I think at that point everybody just wanted to sign the book, get the picture, and get out of the heat.
Yikes!!! Wonder what the hold up was?

Thankfully Snow White was on time, and being first in line, Katie was able to walk hand in hand with Snow up to the wishing well for the meet. Snow White has always been very sweet at our meets and this was no exception.
How fun! I didn't know they did such a thing when she arrived. We seem to have an uncanny ability to walk by at the end of her set when they have shut the line down.

Sorry your wife wasn't feeling great, but looks like you and the girls had a good - albeit hot - day by yourselves

the posted wait time was already 65 minutes.
A 65 min wait time first thing in the morning....no thanks!

they had changed the Green side (which is the only sensible side –
I refer to it a Soarin' through Space now.....

The France pavilion provides a 2 for 1 deal on princesses. We joined the queue to meet Belle in her casual blue dress. This meet is also outside in the heat near the lagoon. The meet itself is in the shade of the trees, the queue is in direct sunlight for the most part. I think we waited 15 or 20 minutes, which despite the heat wasn’t too bad. Again it was a perfectly nice meet and I think they chatted about their favourite books.
Love Belle! I had a great meet with her too!

the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic and just what I needed (I was debating between this lemon one and the orange, I’m sure either are good, so the orange will have to wait for another time).
The lemon is yummy! You really have to like Grand Marnier if you do the orange as that is what it is mixed with.

Katie got a chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich, which she had been really looking forward to since she loves macarons. Luckily we found a table somewhat in the shade outside and had a nice rest.
Yum! I had the raspberry macaron ice cream sandwich this summer and wondered about the chocolate one. Glad Katie enjoyed it!

Katie was able to walk hand in hand with Snow up to the wishing well for the meet. Snow White has always been very sweet at our meets and this was no exception.
Sweet!

1.I think it rains before and you ride at the end of the night.
2. Merida and Pocahontas
3. Beaches and Cream!

Last edited:
the princesses back in October: Anna, Elsa, Elena of Avalor (Is she a REAL Disney princess?), Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and of course, Mulan...:D I think that's a first for us...Did I miss anyone???
Ahem...well if you want to get technical about it, (and I’m geeky like that so why not burst your bubble) you came close but not quite. Pocahontas and Merida are Princesses too.
Anna and Elsa were never added as “official” Disney Princesses and just stayed under the Frozen brand (although we have always met them too). Elena is on her own since she’s Disney Junior.
Disney Princess is just a marketing scheme that was created for the 9 Princesses in existence at the time, from Snow White up to Tiana. Rapunzel and Merida were added after their movies and had official coronation ceremonies.
Hey, I admitted I was a geek.

How did the ladies allow for this?
Rides. Even they will take a break from Princesses sometimes

I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't Ariel's outfit about the same? Is that next to be changed?
Exactly. If it’s ok for Ariel, why not Jasmine. Did she even wear that dress in the movie?

The girls look like they have a little pink to their skin for the waiting in the s
Yes definitely a hot morning, we were ready to get out of the sun

you made up quite a bit of ground
Epcot is really the key if you’re going to attempt meeting them all. Or a princess meal of course

I agree Jasmine’s outfit is so bad, she even seems sad now, lol!
Yep, I really don’t recall that outfit in the movie. I just don’t think it was necessary when Ariel has her clamshells on display (not that I want that to be changed!)

Questions
1. I’m optimistic and say yes to riding SDD
2. I’m not going back to check so guessing Merida and Tiana
3. Beaches and Cream
Very good effort, so close. Pocahontas and you would have had it all right!

But I've heard that Jasmine often got a pretty hard time from creepy guests, so maybe they were trying to avoid that. If I had my 'druthers, I'd just rather there just be a way to smarten up the creepy guests though.
I certainly sympathize with anyone having to deal with a creepy guest but I also would rather have seen them deal with the creepers somehow. Is her new outfit ever featured in the movie?
Do they still sell the old Jasmine outfit to children? I never noticed. Makes you wonder.

Not always a bad thing and in this case, maybe a win-win.
It kind of was. DW was close to being broken at that point so she needed the break.

Just after rope drop?
Yes I was surprised and disappointed. I checked Touring Plans and even they were showing a long wait

es, we can add The V1agra Tower to the Puke Cups.
Hehe. I was going to make some kind of joke like that but wondered if it would get past the Dis filters

Aw, such a shame, Jeff. I know you'd really enjoy this
I definitely would but after that long wait for Aurora we just weren’t up for it. I’ll just have to keep watching on YouTube

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere it is. ;)

I KNEW IT!
It was on my to do list for a long time. Worth the wait!

After.

2. Tiana and Pocahontas?

3. Beaches and Cream
So close to 100%
Nobody thinks about my dear Merida

Ahem...well if you want to get technical about it, (and I’m geeky like that so why not burst your bubble) you came close but not quite. Pocahontas and Merida are Princesses too.
Anna and Elsa were never added as “official” Disney Princesses and just stayed under the Frozen brand (although we have always met them too). Elena is on her own since she’s Disney Junior.
Disney Princess is just a marketing scheme that was created for the 9 Princesses in existence at the time, from Snow White up to Tiana. Rapunzel and Merida were added after their movies and had official coronation ceremonies.
Hey, I admitted I was a geek.

OMG! This made me LOL!!!! I remembered Pocahontas later but forgot ALL about Merida...

Sounds like a nice time in Epcot with the girls! Dad of the year for meeting all those princesses!!

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride? Before

2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the 17 pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!) I haven't been paying close enough attention!

Beaches & Cream

Poor Tish!! That really stinks, but it sounds like the break from the parks was much needed. Hopefully it gave her the rest she needed to enjoy the rest of the trip.

World Showcase is the best place to knock lots of Princesses off the meet list! We have dealt with a diva Princess who showed up way late for her meet, so late we didn't have time to wait and it left me with a blank spot in DS's autograph book...Tiana! I guess it could be that she's from New Orleans and we are notoriously late for everything, but still!! lol

:sad2: is correct
DW just hates walking around WS. I really think we need to do a leisurely drink/eat around the world, just two of us. She might enjoy it more.

Word of advice. When you get to the point where they tell you where to sit... Just say "could we get middle top row please?" You may have to wait until the next show, but who cares? So you wait an extra 5 minutes. Big deal. And...
I definitely thought about doing that but the girls probably would have thought I was nuts and I sort of wanted to leave it to chance and see if the warping was as bad as people said. It is...

Did you wave?
Nah, only the cat was home and she was probably asleep

that's all you need.
Ariel does have the best outfit these days

You know... you could be exactly right.
Or else, why wouldn’t they just have the start times go in order so you could comfortably walk around WS

My least favourite pavilion. Just doesn't appeal to me.
The outside is not that great but there’s something that appeals to me with the fountains in the back. No sun is the biggest appeal

Mind you they don't look like they suffered too much.
Not really, just a little sun kissed

Oh? Hadn't heard of that. huh.
I was going to post a picture but it would have been my 11th and I didn’t feel like starting a new post. If I ever do another TR I need to look into one of the photo hosting sites
Anyway this is the picture of the animatronics I mentioned.

upload_2018-12-28_15-43-30.jpeg

before
2. No frickin' way am I going back! Pocahantas… and... no clue.
3. Beaches & Cream
Man, everyone is getting so close to 100% except for poor Merida

Casey kept getting mickey straws everywhere we went and here I thought it was because she was "special." I totally didn't catch on to it being part of anything vaguely "environmental."
While I have no doubt that your dear Casey is quite special, as far as I'm aware the straws were an environmental thing. Again, how I don't quite understand...

This is one of our favorite spots to watch the fireworks. We are not good waiters and hate crowds and in Fantasyland you don' have to worry about either!
I would definitely watch there again Not the first show of a trip because I do like the projections, but if it was a second show, absolutely.

This outfit is so bad. Again clueless me had no idea it was political correctness that changed the outfit, I just thought it was time for a change. Now I'm very curious to see how they dress live action Jasmine.
I don't know if Disney actually came out officially and said the costume change was PC. They did refresh most of the Princess costumes over the last few years, with Jasmine's being the most obvious. I don't even recall that outfit in the movie.
Like I mentioned before, if Ariel can have her clam shells out, why can't Jasmine display her lamps?

Yikes!!! Wonder what the hold up was?
Slaying Prince Philip's dragon, perhaps?

The lemon is yummy! You really have to like Grand Marnier if you do the orange as that is what it is mixed with.
I can't say I ever remember having Grand Marnier. I may prefer the lemon, but would like to give the orange a try one day too.

I didn't answer this question earlier, but just piping up here that Merida is my FAVOURITE!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc My Merida Disney pin collection is a source of great pride, and she's one of my favourite meet and greets!
Mine too! Partly because I lived in Scotland for a year, but I also enjoyed her movie.

Mine too! Partly because I lived in Scotland for a year, but I also enjoyed her movie.

Oh, I didn't know this about you, Jeff! I'd love to visit Scotland someday. I like Merida because she's spunky, and independent, and she's not afraid to be proud of herself and the things she's good at. She's a little stubborn and careless sometimes, but her heart is in the right place. And she's got awesome hair! And I'm a big soundtrack fan, and I think the soundtrack for Brave is super cool.

DW just hates walking around WS. I really think we need to do a leisurely drink/eat around the world, just two of us. She might enjoy it more.

Try that. Maybe not even the whole world in a day. Do some. Take the boat back.

I definitely thought about doing that but the girls probably would have thought I was nuts and I sort of wanted to leave it to chance and see if the warping was as bad as people said. It is...

Now you know. And now you won't.

Nah, only the cat was home and she was probably asleep

Or climbing the drapes.

Ariel does have the best outfit these days

::yes::::yes::

The outside is not that great but there’s something that appeals to me with the fountains in the back.

Hmmm... To each his own.

I was going to post a picture but it would have been my 11th and I didn’t feel like starting a new post. If I ever do another TR I need to look into one of the photo hosting sites
Anyway this is the picture of the animatronics I mentioned.

upload_2018-12-28_15-43-30-jpeg.372008

Oh! Huh. Cool! Never knew.

Some of you may remember in my last update I had mentioned my wife and her feet that were basically broken at this point. Packing them in ice and resting them had helped slightly, but not to the point where she wanted to face walking around Epcot, her least favourite park (I know, I know :sad2:).

Your poor wife, but I totally agree with her about EPCOT. In fact, when we go in April we only have three park days before our cruise and I think we are skipping it, though I am going to miss seeing the beautiful flowers :flower1:

But other than that, and wishing we could smell oranges instead of dirt, we still enjoyed the ride.

I miss those orange groves too :sad2:

The “new” Green side is just OK. Not as interesting as the old ride and definitely not something I would wait more than a few minutes for.

Good to know…I still haven't made it on the new version yet.

is was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit. Having to look elsewhere in the room for lamps and a magic carpet, I photographed the meet and moved on.
I love this comment :P but I am not one for political correctness and the outfit SUCKS.

the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic
Whoo! Very proud of you!
#sunshineinaglass

Official Princess Countdown: Snow White – 9 of 11 ✔
I feel bad when I say things like this (not really) but......something looks a tad "off" with your Snow White :scratchin Not that I could do better, but.......yeah.

Poor Tish! I hope the rest helped but it stinks to NEED to not go to a park :(

Some of you may remember in my last update I had mentioned my wife and her feet that were basically broken at this point. Packing them in ice and resting them had helped slightly, but not to the point where she wanted to face walking around Epcot, her least favourite park (I know, I know :sad2:).

That stinks. Hope the rest helped her.

Even though we were there pretty early, the posted wait time was already 65 minutes. I like Test Track, but that was pushing it, and the girls definitely don’t like it enough to wait that long.

Knowing what I know now, I wonder if that was the actual wait or if they were trying to discourage people from getting in line.

Wow, if you’re not dead centre, the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a limp noodle.

That's an understatement!

The “new” Green side is just OK. Not as interesting as the old ride and definitely not something I would wait more than a few minutes for. But we flew over our house, so that was something.

Well, there you go. I didn't see "Jeff's House" labeled on the map, though.

Instead of waiting in the sun, we figured another ride on Frozen Ever After would at least get us out of the sun for 20 minutes.

So you had that going for you, which is nice.

I think they do that deliberately to force people to hike back and forth across WS and encourage spending on drinks and ice cream. I’m sure there’s some little bean counter crouched behind a desk somewhere plotting up all these scenarios.

Hmmm...I would accuse you of wearing a tin-foil hat here, but something about it has the ring of truth.

Since my last trip was 4 years ago, this was my first time to be disappointed in person by Jasmine’s new politically correct outfit. Having to look elsewhere in the room for lamps and a magic carpet, I photographed the meet and moved on.

:rolleyes1

A full 20 minutes after her posted start time, Sleeping Beauty finally strolled over to the gazebo. Waiting 40 minutes in a furnace hadn’t put me in a great mood.

Good grief. That's pretty bad, especially with no explanation. I'd be ticked too.

It was a walk on, and I got to see the Three Caballeros animatronics that were added. Nothing astonishing, but it was enjoyable and it got us out of the heat again for a while.

And the song isn't as annoying as the other indoor boat ride.

Since you bring it up, I'll say it's before.

Have I been paying attention? Um, well...

I have no idea. I'll say Merida and Leia.

Trattoria Al Forno

I love this comment :P but I am not one for political correctness and the outfit SUCKS.
I was hoping you would pick up on my lamps and magic carpet comment :rotfl:

I feel bad when I say things like this (not really) but......something looks a tad "off" with your Snow White :scratchin Not that I could do better, but.......yeah.
I thought the same thing about her.
I find most of the princesses are a hit or miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter