Terrible weekend :( Sad Update (post#104)

:hug:
I hope that your dad gets well soon

Thank you so much for all the kind messages. I have been told that we will know more tomorrow, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for some good news. It's hard to feel so helpless when someone you love is ill.

Thinking of your Dad and your family, Juliette - hoping for good news, hun... :hug:

Sorry to hear this, hope you get some good news today :hug::hug::hug:

So sorry to hear this Julliette, I hope you get some positive news today. Like Nikki says stroke treatment is getting better all the time. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear about your Dad .... hope he makes a full recovery. Thinking of you and sending :hug::hug::hug::hug: Hopefully you will get some positive news soon. :wizard::wizard: Take care x

Still no definitive answers. I was told today that he definitely has a urinary-tract and lung infections. Then tonight, they told me that this was still a possibility, as yet unconfirmed. I'm starting to panic. He's still no better. He has been referred for a brain scan and is being tested for sepsis.

My poor mum is distracted with worry. She can't bear to see him like this and could not face seeing him like he is. This will be the first time she has stayed in the house alone. I can't stay with her as it would be impractical with the kids. I feel torn - parents, kids, job.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your Dad Juliette. I know it's easy to say but try not to get too stressed about it as you really have no control over what is happening :hug:

My dad stopped breathing last night and his heart stopped beating. They managed to resuscitate him and he is in the coronary care unit. We are taking each hour as it comes. My poor dad.:sad2:

So sorry to hear this sad news about your dad, stay strong, we're all thinking of you and sending :hug: :hug:& pixiedust: for both him and the whole family, take care

So sorry to hear this, thinking of you and sending :hug::hug::hug::hug:
Lots of pixiedust: that your Dad has a better day today. Stay strong :hug:

Thinking of you and hope today brings you some answers.
I know its the last thing you will want to do but sometimes the only way to get answers is to shout a bit and make them listen to you. In my experience if you are quiet and polite you are often overlooked for the ones who rant and rave a bit.
Hugs Louise x

Well, yesterday morning my dad was diagnosed with encephalitis. The consultant told us that the prognosis was 'very poor' and that he needed an MRI. The trouble was that the scanner was in a mobile hut in the car park and my dad was too ill to be taken outside! I could not believe what I was hearing. The consultant said that neurosurgery was not an option and that he would be treated with antibiotics. I sat, holding my dad's hand, wondering how I was going to break the news to my mum.

A senior consultant came to talk to me at dinner time and said that it was positive that they had diagnosed encephalitis and that they could treat it. I clung on to that bit of hope.

Within another couple of hours, my dad had opened his eyes and was responding to me.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I had prayed for 5 more minutes with the dad I knew and there he was, laughing at my feeble jokes. I know he is still incredibly poorly and that he could deteriorate rapidly again, but for the time being, I have my dad back. And I am making the most of every minute I have with him.:)

Well, yesterday morning my dad was diagnosed with encephalitis. The consultant told us that the prognosis was 'very poor' and that he needed an MRI. The trouble was that the scanner was in a mobile hut in the car park and my dad was too ill to be taken outside! I could not believe what I was hearing. The consultant said that neurosurgery was not an option and that he would be treated with antibiotics. I sat, holding my dad's hand, wondering how I was going to break the news to my mum.

A senior consultant came to talk to me at dinner time and said that it was positive that they had diagnosed encephalitis and that they could treat it. I clung on to that bit of hope.

Within another couple of hours, my dad had opened his eyes and was responding to me.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I had prayed for 5 more minutes with the dad I knew and there he was, laughing at my feeble jokes. I know he is still incredibly poorly and that he could deteriorate rapidly again, but for the time being, I have my dad back. And I am making the most of every minute I have with him.:)

Sending more :hug::hug::hug: as I know exactly how tough this is for you right now. Hopefully the fact that they now have a diagnosis and can treat it is a step in the right direction. You will know more once the antibiotics kick in, but at least things seem a lot more positive today than before. Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter