• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tervis glasses that 'sweat'??

If you paid that much, I would send it back. $5 or so to ship it would be worth getting a new one. I have many and none sweat, my only complaint is my coffee stained one, it will not come off and I've tried everything.

The price we paid was cup + lid + handle. They were priced separately. It's hubby's choice - I just wanted to see if it was unusual, or others had the problem also. We were told they didn't 'sweat' yet someone copied the warranty from the web and it said 'little or no sweating'. They need to put that on the cups or at least educate their store employees.

If you paid that much, I would send it back. $5 or so to ship it would be worth getting a new one. I have many and none sweat, my only complaint is my coffee stained one, it will not come off and I've tried everything.

Have you tried bleach and water?? That is what I use on my school mug

my only complaint is my coffee stained one, it will not come off and I've tried everything.

I have used Efferdent (ok, walmart's generic version) on my tea stained cup, and can definitely see a difference after a long soak.

The price we paid was cup + lid + handle. They were priced separately. It's hubby's choice - I just wanted to see if it was unusual, or others had the problem also. We were told they didn't 'sweat' yet someone copied the warranty from the web and it said 'little or no sweating'. They need to put that on the cups or at least educate their store employees.

I really think it's defective - mine almost never sweat. Maybe try taking it back to Bed Bath & Beyond & see if they will honor the warranty?

Scrub it with baking soda. Dampen the inside of the glass with water, sprinkle in some baking soda and scrub.

Mine have turned cloudy - I returned them and received new ones, exact same cup.

Janis

Mine have turned cloudy - I returned them and received new ones, exact same cup.

Janis

The outside? Have you used sunscreen while using the cups? Could be the cause.

Covered under their warranty, but if you ever buy a really special cup, like a dated Disney Cruise cup or something, not very helpful.

The outside? Have you used sunscreen while using the cups? Could be the cause.

Covered under their warranty, but if you ever buy a really special cup, like a dated Disney Cruise cup or something, not very helpful.

I thought I read the sunscreen problem was not covered. ?? I have one that caught the overspray of some sunscreen. No cloudiness but it has little tiny bumps all over it. :(

Cloudy inside? That is how mine is. I tried denture cleaner and baking soda...nothing!

Yes cloudy inside. I have a few more that I need to return too. It must be the coffee - because the larger cups I have that I use just for water are clear and are about the same age.

Janis

We haven't had any issues. They all clean up beautifully. Ours have never had any issues with "sweat" and I fill mine all the way up with ice. My only issue is that the kids "chew" the straws. Not the company's fault. I will say that we live in Phoenix with little/no humidity. We recently visited Cancun (very humid) and there was sweat on every cup we used. My best guess is that the outside humidity is the issue.

My 2014 undated DcL tervis has a weird warping issue and now looks like a triangle on the inside. Does anyone know if I send it in for a warranty if I will get another of the same type?

I have many Tervis products - 10, 16, 24 oz cups with lids and a water bottle. The water bottle started leaking a couple of years after I got it. Did an online chat with their customer service, and they sent me a new lid free of charge. Doesn't leak anymore.

I've never had any of my cups sweat. And I fill them to the brim with lots of ice and a little water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter