Tesco Vouchers

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Can anyone in the UK help me with the following.
I'm sure that someone mentioned in one of the threads that they had used Tesco vouchers to book their holiday. Can anyone tell me how this works ?
When I spoke to Tesco this morning I was told you collect air miles but I got the impression before that you could pay for the actual brochure holiday with Tesco vouchers
Thanks

If you visit Tesco.com and go to the clubcard section, there is an option to look at how you spend clubcard points. Select the Clubcard deals option and then Holidays. :goodvibes

At the moment Crest, Bridge and Leger Holidays are doing Clubcard Deals to DLP, although Tesco change their partners fairly frequently. You can get four times the face value of your clubcard vouchers, whereas with Airmiles deals seem far more expensive. You can check online at the Airmiles website how many miles they will charge you for a trip and £2.50 of clubcard vouchers = 60 miles.

I use clubcard vouchers a lot for Holidays and find it a worthwhile scheme. Hope this info is helpful.:flower:

Regards
Rosie

We used Cresta to book using our clubcard vouchers, and found their telephone booking agents very helpful. Check Bridge and Cresta brochures carefully, as although they are part of the same company, their deals differ and we saved £107 by going with Cresta instead of Bridge for our particular dates. However, for other dates/hotels we noticed Bridge were cheaper.

Andy

Rosie, UKsaint - Thanks so much for your help.

They did tell me this morning that for every £2.50 you spend you get 600 air miles with BA and 60 with the others. I would prefer to get hols rather than air miles though

Dee, I am swapping my Tesco vouchers for either Cresta or Bridge as soon as the prices are published for next February.

As mentioned above, you get 4 times the face value of the vouchers. The only snag as far as I'm concerned is that I can usually find deals cheaper than Bridge & Cresta, but none that I can use my vouchers for. So I take the view that although it "costs" a little more to do this, in reality it's "free" because I won't miss the Tesco vouchers if I swap them for Bridge / Cresta vouchers :) and I'm hoping my vouchers should stretch to 3/4 nights at the New York in Feb half term.

We have normally booked independently and used vouchers for Christmas.
Decided to follow others and started to save for next visit :)

Reid

Does anyone know can you book holidays through Cresta and Bridge using clubcard vouchers flying from Belfast or Dublin?

nicola said:
Does anyone know can you book holidays through Cresta and Bridge using clubcard vouchers flying from Belfast or Dublin?

I have the Bridge and Cresta Brochures up to Oct 2005 - Bridge lists flight supplements for Belfast with BMI. Cresta do not list any BMI flights nor mentions Belfast. However, I was offered a BMI flight from Heathrow with Cresta so I guess they probably could do BMI from Belfast as well.

Anyway, to answer your question, I beleive the terms of the clubcard deal is that you can choose any brochured holiday. Therefore, with Bridge you should definitely be able to book from Belfast - whereas with Cresta it may be at their discretion. (Ultimately, they are part of the same company anyway)

HTH,
Andy

Thanks for your help folks !!!

I now find that I have 6,500+ points that I didn't know I had. They got lost in the pipeline somewhere. Shouldn't be too long before I can book a holiday,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter