test Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone

Joanne - are you exhausted?

Mic - why arent you going?

Jules - I can understand how hard it would be to try and balance everything. If you can work it out..cool.

TVT - any sleep yet?

Bob - have a great vacation!!

Mac - what time did you get to bed?

Adam - how was your night? You always amaze me how much you do in a day. Sometimes I think, hhhmm, he could fit my entire week into his day. :rotfl:

KS - how goes the KFC training?

Pam - that is awesome that you have alight load on Monday. I have three I could send your way :lmao:

Chopped Liver - what time did you end up going to sleep? I'll be thinking about you on Friday :teeth:

MizlurksaLot said:
Honestly, it seems much longer to me. I feel like I've been talking to all of you for about 10 years (I mean that in a good way ;)) :cool1: .

Ok, you know I have to ask. Is it just me or does this smilie
icon11.gif
look constipated?

Morning........will check in later :wave2:

NO, this is constipated :headache: LOL :rotfl2:

Chopped Liver...... :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: Deena, forever and ever...chopped liver.......... :p :grouphug:

More answers to these and other questions when I get to work.... :moped:

good morning,
i had to hurry my butt in here for roll call.

yes, the cat got me up at 6:30 this morning.
coffee has revived me..................

today will be a busy one.
finishing up things for david's birthday and have a doc appointment in the afternoon
he is going to go over my tests with me.

and, of course i passed, i am a teacher........well, i'm still here aren't i?

:wave2: Morning all

:surfweb: Been up since 5am. Dropped off Nicole and Ryan and BIL at the airport at 7 and just got into work. Meetings most of the day, unfortunately. :guilty:

Morning all!

I have to put my house back together today as we are finally done painting :banana:

Bob--that stinks that you have meetings most of the day...did you tell them that really cuts into your yak time?! :teeth:

tvt--glad you got you some last night....sleep i mean! :teeth:

mic-sorry you guys are getting so soaked...hope it stops for you soon!

ocm--no, i don't want 3 more kids!!! I need a major break! I can't wait to get away for a week.

mac--glad you got your errands done last night...you want to come and do mine? My life will be sooo much better after this weekend..i am trying to get everything done by this weekend :crazy:

jules--you should go meet up with them all...i am sure you would have a blast!

adam--so what are your kids doing this summer? keeping you busy i am sure!

deena--i am sure you will always be young! I am hoping that my mind is the last thing to go because we all know that my body has already failed :rolleyes:

ks--how is your son doing?

muffy--what are you kids doing this summer? any camps?

I bet ed is having a great time! Can't wait till he gets back and shares about his trip!

Hope everyone has a great optional day today! :dance3:

I'm wicked mad :furious:

My mom was trying to explain characters to Nico this morning and she says, "You know, just like when you see Mickey Mouse. It's not really Mickey Mouse, it's jsut a person in a costume."

UH HELLO!!! Why would you tell a 5yo that? :confused3 She said that he was intelligent and thought he knew that.

You know..I get that Nico can carry on a conversation with an adult, but he is still only 5!! Let my child be a kid!!!

sweetlovin' said:
Adam - how was your night? You always amaze me how much you do in a day. Sometimes I think, hhhmm, he could fit my entire week into his day. :rotfl:

Actually, I had 1 meeting in the morning and decided to take a 1/2 day vacation on the spur of the moment. I went to the grocery store to drop a couple hundred bucks then grabbed my 7 yo and one of his friends to take them to see the movie Cars.

We then took a drive up to a high point in town where we could see the Delaware River and how bad the flooding is. This image is from a local news station. The bridge you see is the main toll bridge connecting Pa and NJ in our neck of the woods. There is another bridge down river a few hundred yards. We call this the free bridge because there is no toll. As of yesterday, the sides of the bridge were being hit by both water and debris. It is expected to go over the roadway of the bridge this morning.

I'm thankful that I live on high ground and will not be affected by this flooding.

skycam3.jpg

Hope you all have a great day.

Adam

Optional Day :banana: TVT got some...sleep...

Yep, rained again all night...Momma, I see more down your Mom's way things were bad. We did have 2 teenage boys disappear in our area, they had gone to check out a creek or something Tuesday evening and haven't been seen since. Another couple were going to pick up their toddler, got stuck in a flash flood and drowned when it overcame their truck. It has been sad news in the paper for sure. Sun is out right now, but who knows for how long, as rain is still in the forecast.

Jules, I would LUV to meet up with the gals this fall, but with all the upheaval and starting over this year for us (dh's plant closing/retirment (less $$)/his new job/my new job) if we can scrape together a few days off, we really need to get to Florida to see my Mom and also I would love to sneak a trip in to see my kids in AZ, which the problem with that is time constraints and it's being so far away. So, to say the least, we are pretty much at home for the time being. But you do what you gotta do. My kids are trying to get east for Thanksgiving :banana:

Pam, when is your trip to Texas? I've forgotten the dates.

MuffyJo, sorry they blocked out the game, it was GREAT...... :banana: of course cause the Sox WON...Pedro kinda fell apart, must have been he wanted the "town/team that he loves/loved" to win :teeth: ;) They are on ESPN again tonight.....so more baseball. I'm waiting for a loss of us though, they have strung too many wins in a row together.

Deena, I heard on the news how hot Houston area is... :guilty:

Mac, WE knew you would pass ANY test, you are the teacher, our fearless leader, the one and only :goodvibes :grouphug:

Ed must be having way too much fun, he hasn't waved since that first day

Bob, sorry you are in meetings all day, necessary evils for sure

Yes KS, how is our ::cop:

OH MY Adam, I saw a bit of that on the weather channel.... :sad2: It is awful isn't it? I'm like you, we live way up on a hill, so flooding would be close to Noah coming back if the river got to us, but we still get water in the basement...........I'm hoping with all this heavy rain the roof doesn't start to leak...........be safe my friend

Oh gee, you reminded me I have to drop some cash by the grocery store too :rotfl: We are STILL trying to get out to see Cars...did you enjoy it?

POTC 2 next week :cool1:

Momma, sorry, but I think your Mom was wrong to say that to Nico. I agree, Nico is like my grandson, you can carry on a very intelligent conversation with him, he is smart too, but I would NEVER suggest to him that Mickey Mouse is a person dressed up.... :sad2: and I'm shocked, I thought he was real myself............ ;) :p :earboy2:

Adam - Im so glad ot hear you won't be affected. The flooding that is going on in the North East is incredible. I'm just hoping that by the weekend things can dry out for everyone.

Glad to hear that you aren't affected by the floods.

good morning all!

Sweets- yes, i got my 4 hours of sleep. trainmg for September. :thumbsup2

pam- my 12 yo is going to camp 3 days a week. of which she doesn't like.
so she and her friend can be bored together there.
my 15 yo is doing alot of babysitting

tvt- maybe you can get some tonight too :dance3: :rolleyes1

ks, yes, how is your son feeling?

mac- hope all the tests come out good!

sweet- i had my 4 hours of sleep

pam 12 yo is in camp 3 days a week
the 15 YO is doing alot of babysitting.

bob- don't forget your doodle pad in those meetings :teeth:

jules- think about joining us for some of the stuff.

deena- how do you stay up late every night.
by September i'll either be a all nighter or exhausted and go to bed at 7:00!

have a good day :wave2:

Am I the only one working on Monday? :rolleyes1
I'll just go online all day anyway!

Here is a link to a video of that "free bridge" I mentioned. It was taken about 3 hours prior to when we saw it. When we saw it, the water was hitting up against the green part of the bridge. If you watch the video to the end, there are people taking stuff out of a building. That is a local McDonalds that gets flooded when the big one rolls by. By the way, this is right where the Lehigh River empties into the Delaware river. It's called the forks of the delaware.

Video

Adam

Adam- I saw some of the flooding on the news. thankfully you are away from it!

I think that's great that you left work early to go the movies.
those little breaks sure do help!

MUFFYCAT said:
good morning all!

HEY PAM!!! Why do you think she posted to us twice. Do you think she is implying that we are the dumb blondes who don't get things the first time? :confused3

MUFFYCAT said:
good morning all!

HEY!!

how come sweets gets double billing.......???

is it because you are functioning on only 4 hours of sleep??

how many shoes do you have on now muffyjo?
she had 23 pairs of shoes under her desk at work and when she was on vacation, they moved her spot.

she came back and there was a box waiting for her.
the dudes put all her shoes in it.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter