Test Track is Always Down

nerdyone

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know why the ride is constantly down during the day for repairs? It seems like that it's down more than it's up. When it goes down, do people get told to just get out of line?

It's the most sensitive ride in terms of weather in all the parks. Even the slightest bit of rain can shut it down sometimes. Usually if it's just weather related they may let people stay in line. It's why I generally get a FP for it, especially if I go in the summer, because odds are good that it may be converted to an anytime FP if I don't get to ride it during my FP time. (Plus it's generally the hardest of the tier 1 rides to get same day, I've had zero issues getting FEA or Soarin as a 4th+ FP, but TT can be harder at times)

We never get a fast pass for Test Track as it is usually closed when our time comes - we tend to use single rider and often share a car

We always go to it at rope drop for that reason.
We do the exact opposite - we tried to RD it twice on 2 different trips and each time burned an hour because it went down and we told "just a few more minutes" or "short delay" so we lost out big time on RD. We always FP it now, worst-case its an any time FP this way. We always get much better bang for our buck RD'ing something else!

If you’ve been watching the app the past month or so, it’s being temporarily closed during and after our near-daily summer downpours. The amount of rain we get here in the summer is astounding, although entirely explainable by geography etc. Seriously, June-August it rains literally nearly every day. This summers been a bit weird as it’s been raining off and on all day often instead of the typical quick afternoon shower. TT is the only ride that always closes when it gets wet. (Lightening closes all outdoor things regardless of rain status).

It rained pretty much all day today.
I was at Epcot EMH this morning. Only things open were Soarin', Frozen, and Nemo. Had a FP for Frozen so just did Soarin' twice then walked onto Nemo before heading over to Mission Space to get on when the park opened at 9.

I was disappointed not to ride Test Track this morning but expected it to be closed due to the weather.

Does anyone know why the ride is constantly down during the day for repairs? It seems like that it's down more than it's up. When it goes down, do people get told to just get out of line?
It’s Florida like PPs have said if it’s too windy, raining or there is lightning in the distance it’s down
This is why we generally FP it. When it goes down,we get an anytime FP.
Same

In april it broke down with us sitting in it . We got a fast pass for later but was annoying still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter