Testing for Canada cruise

Travel60

DIS Veteran
I'm posting here because I've heard that real Disney people sometimes monitor threads. There is huge confusion and many posts on "another" website that needs some official answers. Some have tried calling but no real answers

While testing is no longer required on the other ships, Magic still requires (???) for Canada. Canada has dropped the requirement. Magic calls next in Bermuda which still has requirement and some say they don't want to change policy two times in two weeks. But, confusing as to whether really required.

Other issue is whether Onpoint testing will still be in business... Apparently problems there. Some (including me) have made appointments and paid them but not sure they will be around.

Any insight from anyone who knows?

I'm posting here because I've heard that real Disney people sometimes monitor threads. There is huge confusion and many posts on "another" website that needs some official answers. Some have tried calling but no real answers

While testing is no longer required on the other ships, Magic still requires (???) for Canada. Canada has dropped the requirement. Magic calls next in Bermuda which still has requirement and some say they don't want to change policy two times in two weeks. But, confusing as to whether really required.

Other issue is whether Onpoint testing will still be in business... Apparently problems there. Some (including me) have made appointments and paid them but not sure they will be around.

Any insight from anyone who knows?
I am on your sailing and I agree this testing nonsense is so stressful. I emailed them asking if they would confirm that there would be testing available at the port. I got en email back with a bunch of info, but nothing answering my question. We are traveling prior to the cruise and we’re planning on OnPoint. But like you, we heard that they may not be reliable, so we just planned on testing at the port. However I cannot get anyone to confirm that we will be able to do that.

I am also having trouble logging in to Safe Passage this morning. I have sailed 4 times since Covid, so my info should be there, but it will not let me in. Beyond ridiculous!

I am having the same issue.

I got into Safe Passage this morning (after some difficulty) and got to the point of ordering the monitored in home test. We were hoping to do this test at midnight Friday night because we are going to the airport early Saturday morning to go to NYC.

Our party is all “clear to arrive” but then there is a page for testing. But when I try to order it will not let me select names and there is a note that testing is not required for us. I’d like to believe this, but I don’t. It looks to me like the Safe Passage system is not in sync with DCL’s stated policy for the Canada cruise.

Anyone able to work through this?

I called customer service but all I got was someone taking my reservation information and saying he would send it to the “testing department” and they would respond by email. Then the email I got just listed the testing requirements (that I already know) but no way to actually order the monitored test.

While Canada is expected to drop the testing requirement on September 30, so far as I can see, that has NOT been made official yet. So not Disney's fault.

Canada has apparently (according to DVC site) dropped testing requirements. It's just DVC that's not very nimble.

DCL’s policy requires pre-cruise testing to board the Magic until Nov. 7th. It’s not specific to Canada requirements, but it is DCL’s requirement at this point for that ship. It is likely driven by the fact that the Canada cruise is sandwiched between Bermuda cruises.

I did hear back from DCL via email and you are still required to test on the Canada cruise regardless if Canada dropped it. I also did receive confirmation that there will be testing available at the port for those who did not test prior to midnight. The cost is $74.00 plus tax.

I think even though rumors are that Canada will drop the Arrive Canada App, DCL will still require testing because the NY to Canada cruise is sandwiched in between the Bermuda cruises and Bermuda still requires it. That’s just my guess.

The Safe Passage site finally opened up to sign up for testing but the early times for the monitored tests were already gone.

We all signed up for rapid tests at Hyatt Place on 39th Street (which is only a few blocks from our hotel) on Sunday so it will be done before we go to board on Monday.

I am on that cruise too. I think there were a few glitches this morning with Safe Passage where some people couldn't even get their reservation accepted and some did but the app said they didn't need to test and some said they did...it was crazy!!

But now things seem to be good. Testing is required (at this point in time). I am a bit nervous about some of the reviews of OnPoint recently. We used them in July and they were great.

MJ

I went online and created my Safe Passage account for the Canada sailing. I uploaded my vaccination card and it says pending approval. Where do I go to order monitored tests?

UPDATE: Figured it out! And I hope Canada changes the requirements and Disney updates for this one cruise. It would make my life a lot less stressful! I have an appointment (for me, husband has the 90 day recovery letter) schedule with OnPoint and I'm hoping I don't have to scramble if they flake or close down before the 8th.

We're on this sailing out of NY as well. I have a different issue. I'm trying to upload a 90 day recovery letter and can't for the life of me find out where to do that on the site. Has anyone done that before and can give me a clue? I've clicked on anything that is clickable and I can't see where to upload those documents.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I went online and created my Safe Passage account for the Canada sailing. I uploaded my vaccination card and it says pending approval. Where do I go to order monitored tests?
I think you have to wait for your vaccination card to be approved before you can order the tests. At least thats what I've heard.

Finally we were approved. Now can someone tell me why the take home monitored tests say they take 45-60 minutes? I thought the antigen tests take approximately 15 minutes. Does Safe Passage use one that takes longer to do?

Is it just me, or are the sections of the DCL “Know Before You Go” relating to testing for the Canada cruise hopelessly circular and confusing. The main page refers you to the “Canada Sailings” tab which refers you back to “Know Before You Go”.

It does look like they have removed the ArriveCAN requirements but, since I already entered our personal information there, I might just enter the travel information a few days before the sailing just in case.

Has anyone been told specifically if the October 10 cruise still requires a COVID test? We are scheduled for something in NYC on Sunday, but would be happy to skip that and save the cost.

The Safe Passage site seems to be clear that testing is still required and that hasn’t changed to reflect the Canada changes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter