Testing for return to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventus

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I am trying to compile information with regards to return home testing (we will hopefully be driving home near the end of March Break). Here is what I have so far. If there are any mistakes or additional info please feel free to add..it would be appreciated:

All of the following are free and can be booked at various times beforehand:

Walgreens, CVS, Curative.

For each one you can use your resort address, and click 'uninsured'.

Each location makes you have book separate times slot for each family member (there will be 5 of us).

Results are sent via text or email

Questions:

-do results need to be printed off?

-do results need to be uploaded to the ArriveCan app?

-do proofs of vaccinations have to be uploaded to the ArriveCan app...or would paper copies suffice?

Thanks!!

The only advice I would say to not having them printed off is the availability of them on your phone/device. Make sure you save them someplace local as opposed to relying on an Internet Connection. Our Bell Phones are notoriously slow to reconnect to Canadian Networks when we land in Calgary (YYC), these days you don't need any more hassle traveling then there already is.

We used Curative on Dec 23 in Orlando (walk up tent location) before our flights to Buffalo on Dec 26th, then crossing the land border.
We printed our results at our Disney hotel for ease of access. I kept those together with copies of printed vaccine proof.
You only have to upload the vaccine info (both doses) into ArriveCAN, I have them saved to my phone and it was super easy. You could also take a picture of the paper ones and upload that.
You answer the question in ArriveCAN if you have a negative tests but don’t upload those. We were asked to show them at the border.
You don’t have to have anything printed as these days you’ll have everything on your phone, but my recommendation is to have paper copies handy.

Fyi we had a very difficult time getting kids results from CVS. My wife and I both had ours emailed to us, but they would only send a text with a link for kids results we were told. Never received text and was eventually told they cannot text a Canadian number. Had to spend an hour on the phone with CVs morning of the flight getting results emailed. Was super stressful, ruined my last 48 hours at Disney, im just sucking it up and paying the 100 a person for the 60 minutes test next time.

Just saw that the Government posted that the is a possible $5000 fine for returning via land with a positive test. Any idea how possible possible is?

Just saw that the Government posted that the is a possible $5000 fine for returning via land with a positive test. Any idea how possible possible is?
Here is the link being referred to:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada
I've been searching around for a bit and I'm unable to find exactly what would trigger the $5000 fine. A game changer for many if they actually plan on enforcing this.

Seems pretty outrageous to me to punish people for being honest and doing the right thing.

I'm going to start a new thread with this info as it could be important to many on this board.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter