Testing postive days before cruise 😥

ThinkTink1

Mouseketeer
Ok so on Sat my son tested positive for Covid so we did our best to keep him isolated, but it looks like we did it for nothing… I am still testing negative but my BF tested positive tonight, so I feel like it’s just a matter of time for me… has anyone had this situation where you know before and were able to reschedule their cruise or do I have to drive all the way out to the port and test positive there… just don’t know if anyone has been in this situation (I am sure there is someone) and can offer advice!

I'm sorry, that's definitely a bummer. How close are you to your sail date? I believe within 14 days, if you have a positive test in your party or even close exposure you can cancel or reschedule the cruise with no questions asked. We had to do this recently due to one of our littles testing positive on their 3 days out test. We have a Dreams Unlimited agent (who is absolutely wonderful) who managed the conversation with Disney for us but we were able to cancel a couple days before the cruise. We did not have to provide any documentation for the cancellation.

Yes, if within 14 days of your sail date you can get a full refund. If you reschedule you may be subject to a penalty later if you cancel your new cruise. Check that out. All of this is on the dcl website under flexible cancellation. If anyone in your party test positive or just has been around anyone with covid you qualify for a full refund. You DO NOT have to provide any documentation. I leave in 5 weeks, so had to research all of this, plus double checked with my TA. Also check out the FAQ on the dcl website. Very helpful

I'm sorry, that's definitely a bummer. How close are you to your sail date? I believe within 14 days, if you have a positive test in your party or even close exposure you can cancel or reschedule the cruise with no questions asked. We had to do this recently due to one of our littles testing positive on their 3 days out test. We have a Dreams Unlimited agent (who is absolutely wonderful) who managed the conversation with Disney for us but we were able to cancel a couple days before the cruise. We did not have to provide any documentation for the cancellation.
We were supposed to be on the Fantasy on Sat… I look at it this way… I’d rather know now then get all the way to the port

Ok so on Sat my son tested positive for Covid so we did our best to keep him isolated, but it looks like we did it for nothing… I am still testing negative but my BF tested positive tonight, so I feel like it’s just a matter of time for me… has anyone had this situation where you know before and were able to reschedule their cruise or do I have to drive all the way out to the port and test positive there… just don’t know if anyone has been in this situation (I am sure there is someone) and can offer advice!
I'm very sorry this has happened to you. Please do not bring your party to the port to test there. You would be exposing so many people when you know you have 2 positives in your party. Please consider those that you might infect.

We were supposed to be on the Fantasy on Sat… I look at it this way… I’d rather know now then get all the way to the port
Then you are not even going to even be able to answer “no” to the Covid questions on the pre-cruise health questionnaire you have to fill out before you arrive at the port. You really don’t have any choice but to cancel or reschedule to be honest. Sorry, that is bad luck on the timing.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. You will cruise again in the future and I wish you a wonderful time then. :eeyore:

Just call Disney and get a refund under the 14 day covid positive cancellation policy. We had to do the same a couple weeks ago - our son got covid and we were exposed. They cancelled our cruises and we had the money refunded within a week.

Just call Disney and get a refund under the 14 day covid positive cancellation policy. We had to do the same a couple weeks ago - our son got covid and we were exposed. They cancelled our cruises and we had the money refunded within a week.

sorry for the situation, but thanks for the update. Hope you make it to a cruise soon.

This is directly from the Safepassages website - which you can only access 15 days prior to cruise.

Apply for 90-Day-Recovered Status
Guests who have recovered from COVID-19, within 11-90 days of their sail date, may be eligible for modified testing requirements.
CDC Guidance for 90-Day-Recovered Guests
In some cases, people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may still test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If Guests have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 within 11-90 days of their sail date, they may qualify to be considered as "90-Day-Recovered".
With the appropriate documentation and subsequent approval, Guests considered "90-Day-Recovered" are not required to participate in COVID-19 testing during the Pre-Sail, Embarkation or Disembarkation phases of their voyage.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 11-90 days of your sail date, and would like to be identified as 90-Day-Recovered, please upload the following:
  1. A copy of your previous positive COVID-19 test result which is greater than 11 days and less than 90 days from your expected sail date.
  2. A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel.
  3. Vaccinated guests must also upload proof of vaccination in addition to their 90-Day-Recovered documentation.

I'm very sorry this has happened to you. Please do not bring your party to the port to test there. You would be exposing so many people when you know you have 2 positives in your party. Please consider those that you might infect.
Don’t worry I am only an hour away so it would be a useless drive. We are testing tomorrow AM and then calling DCL to have them hold onto the money for a cruise within the next couple of months

We had this happen to us. We were supposed to be on the Dream last week but the Sunday before my son suddenly came down with a fever and tested positive on a home test. We did get him a PCR test and that was positive too.

There was nothing we could do at that point but cancel. I was really disappointed. We consoled ourselves by booking two more cruises lol.

We had this happen to us. We were supposed to be on the Dream last week but the Sunday before my son suddenly came down with a fever and tested positive on a home test. We did get him a PCR test and that was positive too.

There was nothing we could do at that point but cancel. I was really disappointed. We consoled ourselves by booking two more cruises lol.
Yes! Literally just got off the phone with DCL because god forbid we contributed to spreading Covid around…. I literally am still testing negative thank god! She pushed our cruise back until Sept but 100000000% I will be going the latest by March 🤣

So you don't even have to provide proof of a positive? You can just say someone in your party is positive and cancel?

Hoping I won't have this problem, but if I have to have "evidence", I'd rather know before I took the test so I can ask for a letter, or whatever they provide.

So you don't even have to provide proof of a positive? You can just say someone in your party is positive and cancel?

Hoping I won't have this problem, but if I have to have "evidence", I'd rather know before I took the test so I can ask for a letter, or whatever they provide.

you can even just say you had an exposure, which in this hour of Omicron, who hasn’t? You can easily get a refund within 14 days of sailing. The last thing they want is for you to show up to port possibly positive.

you can even just say you had an exposure, which in this hour of Omicron, who hasn’t? You can easily get a refund within 14 days of sailing. The last thing they want is for you to show up to port possibly positive.

that’s exactly how I read it. Same for us. With the granddaughters in high school and on sporting teams, exposure is a weekly occurrence. Then add in their dad, a K9 officer that spends most of his time in lockdown around unvaxed prisoners. It will be a wonder if they ever cruise again. Though mom, dad, and both teens are tripled vaxed plus flu vaxed. They haven’t cruised in 2 1/2 years now, and would be so disappointed…..I’m 5 weeks out today….still struggle to find another cruise to rebook Without losing our old placeholders or it costing more. (We booked opening day prices, so it hard to justify these late higher full price cruises)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter