Testing unvaccinated kids JUST at port

Ronneeaght

Mouseketeer
Hello. This is really not ideal, I know, but has anyone shown up at port without getting the PCR test for their unvaccinated kids? Someone in our party accidentally got an antigen test instead of a PCR. We didn’t realize it until we uploaded to Safe Passage. Can we get tested at NYC port and be okay? Scrambling for options now.

Bermuda? Whether Safe Passage will let it slide or not is a big question. Technically DCL’s rules require non-vaccinated kids on that cruise to take a PCR test 1-3 days prior; it specifically states antigen is not accepted. I’d do everything possible to find a rapid NAAT or PCR test for the kid. Maybe try an airport? Walk-in clinic? I would not trust showing up at port without the PCR results in-hand. Good luck!

oops thought no more testing or vaccine proof for kids. must have misread. seems silly to have to have any tests at all anymore unless we have a spike

oops thought no more testing or vaccine proof for kids. must have misread. seems silly to have to have any tests at all anymore unless we have a spike
The magic still requires testing for all until it’s done with the Bermuda cruises. All the other ships only require testing for unvaccinated passengers.

I think it’s Bermuda that’s requiring the testing.

unvax still have to test. We leave in 2 weeks and this is what the current situation is. Know before you go just undated on Oct. 14th because the info was confusing. It’s pretty clear now. Unvaccinated cruisers 5 and up are required to test. Proctor rapid or one of the other two. We just did our safe passage on Friday.

You're definitely going to have to throw money at this and do a same day PCR. The good news is that you'll have options for that around NYC, even if they cost a ton.

Proctor rapid or one of the other two.
Just to be clear because OP appears to be on the Magic to Bermuda - proctored antigen is NOT accepted as the pre-cruise test for kids, it must be NAAT or PCR.

Proctored antigen is now fine for unvaccinated guests on the other ships/itineraries.

Just to be clear because OP appears to be on the Magic to Bermuda - proctored antigen is NOT accepted as the pre-cruise test for kids, it must be NAAT or PCR.

Proctored antigen is now fine for unvaccinated guests on the other ships/itineraries.
So is Inspire still working with DCL on Safe Passage for proctored testing? I heard of several other proctored test sites who were not responding to appointments.

I can't see it being around much longer. NCL dropped it all, RCI allows home tests with no proctoring and from reports they aren't even checking those. A spike is going to be alot less evident going forward with people testing less and more and more at home testing.

So is Inspire still working with DCL on Safe Passage for proctored testing? I heard of several other proctored test sites who were not responding to appointments.

I have heard of onpoint going out of buisness or something, what other ones have you heard of? I hope they all go away.

So is Inspire still working with DCL on Safe Passage for proctored testing?
I believe Inspire still offers proctored antigen tests. I don’t know if they still offer the mail-in PCR test. I think you are sailing the Magic out of Miami which is several months off. I recommend not worrrying about it at this point, too much could change between now and then.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I really appreciate people jumping in to help. The family members were able to schedule a proctored antigen test same day, but then they got through to customer service for the Disney testing and they said that since they were going to test at port on embarkation day anyways, the family should come to port and get tested there. The Disney testing team did say this wasn’t ideal or the way things should go. Just glad we were able to go. We had a wonderful cruise and just got back today!

Edit: they scheduled a proctored PCR test for our embarkation day. Jeez, even I can’t keep all these tests straight!

Last edited:
We sailed out of NYC to Canada on the 10th which had the same requirements as Bermuda. DCL is not dropping Magic testing until November 7th. I know some in our social group were making appointment to be tested at the port but I do not know if it was for PCR or antigen.

We split parking at the port with another couple ($40 per day) and it was so very convenient in case anyone wants to park there. We got there around 10:45 and I asked the man directing the parking if there was still room to park. He said yes because it was early....he said it would fill up later in the day. This is how close were to the ship. Porters met us in the parking lot and took all checked bags. We carried our carry ons with us down the escalator and since we were a bit early for our PAT we had to wait a bit before we could join the security line. They had a line going outside the terminal broken up into PAT times. We joined the section of the line for the 11:15-11:45 people. We got a porter on the way out too and he took our bags right up to the parking lot. My husband went to get the car and pulled it up to the curb and the porter loaded all the bags in.

NYC PARKING 5.jpgNYC PARKING 4.jpg

MJNYC PARKING 1.jpg

NYC PARKING 2.jpg

NYC PARKING 3.jpg

See how the cars are also parked on either side of the terminal roadway as well as the parking lot along side the ship. It was busy. Parking is on the roof of the terminal.

Any questions ask away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter