Thai Coconut Meatballs

That's a lot of liquid for a pound of meat.

It does seem like a lot of sauce. I'd probably make half as much sauce or twice as many meatballs. But for sure I'm trying this one. Sounds really good, and something new and different and not hard to make. Gotta get out of my dinner rut!

Made these tonight. They were yummy (DS16 especially loved them and he wouldn't even try them at 'Ohana) but didn't quite have the zip that the ones at Captain Cooks have. I couldn't find garlic chili sauce so just used regular (sweet) chili sauce. I had to add more breadcrumbs to the meatballs and cook them for 30min.

I probably spent 45min on the sauce, trying to let it reduce each time the recipe said to. I made the full recipe and it's a ton of sauce. Next time I'll probably only make half.

DH said the recipe is a keeper as well! Thanks for posting it!

I suspect part of the ton of sauce factor is they make it with food service quantities and reducing size for normal use still ends up with lots.

I’ve made this recipe many times. For that amount of meat, I would suggest the following sauce amounts:

7 Oz Diced Tomato (canned)
4 Oz Brown Sugar
4 Fluid oz. Chicken Stock
2 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Key Lime Juice
11 Fluid oz. Coconut Milk
4 Fluid oz. Heavy Cream
4 tsp Fish Sauce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter