Thank you DVC Show and DisBoards! New members here

mickey10171

Earning My Ears
My husband and i have been researching DVC for years now but just couldnt get ourselves to sign up. we've been watching the DVC Show with Pete and his team and reading the Disboards for the last 2 months and we were sold! it was because of this group we felt educated enough to make the plunge. We wanted to thank Pete and all the members for taking the time to share their experiences. we are officially Riviera owners and cant wait to make memories with our future family at WDW!

Welcome Home! Riviera is our first home too and we LOVE it! Agreed Pete’s show and these boards are so informative, helpful, entertaining and make you feel connected. When’s your first trip as members!?

Congratulations and Welcome home!! We own there too and can't wait to finally be able to stay there. We just purchased in April. :)

Congrats! As someone who just bought Riviera in the past month, I think you have excellent taste ;)

And as someone who likewise benefited from the experts on these boards, agree with you 100%. This is a very special group of people who are so generous with their time and patient with us noobies while we try to figure stuff out (and there is a LOT to figure out these days).

Once you book your first trip, come over to the DVC resorts page and join the "Be Our Guest" list on the resort thread!

thank you! we're in the process of trying to plan it now but there's such limited availability! :sad:
Hang in there. People do seem to be cancelling quite frequently. If you check once or twice a day and are flexible on dates you will eventually see something.

thank you! we're in the process of trying to plan it now but there's such limited availability! :sad:
These are direct points and your first visit? Call member services (I know long wait times) and tell them it’s your “welcome home trip” They often can hook you up from their inventory even when it looks like there is nothing available for your very first trip. Especially if you have some flexibility. It’s not guaranteed but it a normal thing for them to help you out the first time if they are able. I mean first week of October or Christmas forget about it but yes give them a call.

My husband and i have been researching DVC for years now but just couldnt get ourselves to sign up. we've been watching the DVC Show with Pete and his team and reading the Disboards for the last 2 months and we were sold! it was because of this group we felt educated enough to make the plunge. We wanted to thank Pete and all the members for taking the time to share their experiences. we are officially Riviera owners and cant wait to make memories with our future family at WDW!

Congrats!! We own at Riviera as well. Staying there for the first time in September!

These are direct points and your first visit? Call member services (I know long wait times) and tell them it’s your “welcome home trip” They often can hook you up from their inventory even when it looks like there is nothing available for your very first trip. Especially if you have some flexibility. It’s not guaranteed but it a normal thing for them to help you out the first time if they are able. I mean first week of October or Christmas forget about it but yes give them a call.
I think that is normally true but with all the extra points in the system this year, it is not. I did this and she put me on hold to talk to the special "Welcome Home" team and they confirmed they had nothing pretty much all the rest of the year in either studio or 1br at Riviera (any view). Didn't ask about larger rooms though just because I don't have the points for them, so can't speak to that.

I LOVE my DVC points. We have 8 contracts spread out over Poly, Bay Lake Tower, Jambo and Kidani, and I would have bought Riviera if we wife hadn't nixed it. Anyway, we stayed at DVC in Feb 2020, July 2020, Oct 2020, Jan 2021 and March 2021. I couldn't have done that without DVC.

And DISBOARDS has been invaluable. I thank you so much for your service. I have learned an incredible amount about Disney and DVC because of it, and it has always made our trips better. If I find anyone who loves Disney, OR anyone who is interested in DVC, I tell them to go to Disboards and sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter