• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you from CM for gifts

sandrakit

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone , I just received a beautiful thank you note through Facebook from a DCL worker / CM thanking me for my gifts ( candies & chocolate bars ) and a little extra $$ ! He said he really appreciated the treats & extra money & that he was eating his treats slowly as he loved them so much ! This made my day ... I know there is a lot of chat wondering if they really like getting treats but everyone I gave treats to were truly appreciative ! On my last cruise I gave a few things to the pool attendant & he had tears in his eyes . He said he had never been given anything before & after that he always came over when he saw me & thanked me again ;).
Small tokens of appreciation are huge to others !

we always bring extra candy and snacks onboard. The CM's do indeed really appreciate it. The last night of our most recent cruise we recieved a Magical Moment Certificate in our cabin from 2 of the CM's from the shops. We had spoken to them a few times and had given them some goodies. It is always good to to do something nice for others. :3dglasses

Sorry if I sound stupid but what does CM stand for? I'm very new to the cruising world!!

Wow, I feel stupid for not knowing that....LOL.

Thanks for the info.....now I know!!

I think now with Facebook so readily accessible it happens a lot more. I stay in close contact with @5 CM's and really enjoy seeing their pictures etc. Once we are back on board, I would only act as familiar and friendly as they do- I would never want them to feel uncomfortable.

I just hope our cruise is made special. This is our first Disney cruise and if everything goes well I plan to book again onboard. I want my daughter to really be able to enjoy her time on and off the ship....going to go all out for her!!!

moomy-san said:
I think now with Facebook so readily accessible it happens a lot more. I stay in close contact with @5 CM's and really enjoy seeing their pictures etc. Once we are back on board, I would only act as familiar and friendly as they do- I would never want them to feel uncomfortable.

I'm also Facebook friends with 5 Cast Members . 3 fb chat whenever they see me online . Whenever I'm back on DCL I too only act as familiar as they do . This CM that contacted me said they were looking at their co workers friend list & saw my photo & wanted to thank me again :) ! I was super happy , totally made my day ...

I just hope our cruise is made special. This is our first Disney cruise and if everything goes well I plan to book again onboard. I want my daughter to really be able to enjoy her time on and off the ship....going to go all out for her!!!

A lot of that will depend on you and having realistic about your expectations. Nothing is always perfect and as awesome as I think DCL is, they are still a business with people who can be flawed. That being said, on every cruise I've taken, my expectations have been met and exceeded and can't think of a better vacation.

2 years ago I left our cabin steward a gift on the bed before turn down time and he couldn't thank me enough. Since we live in grape/wine country, it's only fitting for me to leave a bottle of wine and other grape items...Roland was great..hopefully he will be ours on our next cruise...

noahdove said:
2 years ago I left our cabin steward a gift on the bed before turn down time and he couldn't thank me enough. Since we live in grape/wine country, it's only fitting for me to leave a bottle of wine and other grape items...Roland was great..hopefully he will be ours on our next cruise...

Was your stateroom host Roland Sanio ? If so he was my stateroom host In 2012 & last month I sailed on the Dream & I found him & gave him treats & he was sooooo thankful !

Quick question: if I bring a case of candy bars (like from Costco) to give to CMs, do they have to be in our carry on bags?

I thought that CM were not :confused3 allowed to contact guests.

More, my understanding is that CMs are not allowed to accept monetary gifts. Stateroom hosts or servers can, but CMs from clubs or front desk cannot. Or at least that money goes to a pool for parties for all of them.

Hi. Treats and gifts are new to me. What kinds of treats and gifts are you talking about? I didn't know we could do that and I would like to have some items on hand to give. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter