Thank you gift for floor of nurses?

When my dad was hospitalized for an extended period of time we sent sausage/cheese trays and snacks as a thank you for the shifts. Figured it was something that they could eat quickly and most can enjoy.

Very sweet of you to acknowledge the care given by the nurses, nurses don't always get acknowledged on the hard work they do!

At my work, there are rules about gift giving from patients a nurse can not accept a gift or anything with $$value unless it is something that can shared with the unit. Patients will give thank you gifts such as food since it can shared or flowers that are placed in the break room. Individual cards can be given to a nurse who cared for a patient, this is always a nice gesture. Sure sometimes patients sneak in a gift card to starbucks or asks a nurse what drink they like and then they surprise you with it! Any food is always heaven to nurses as we always don't have time to eat! Whatever you choose to do they will be grateful!!!

I was also going to encourage Edible Arrangements.

I'm sorry your mom has been ill. :(

nurses often don't have time to eat, when my family is in the hospital, we always send subs or pizzas for the floor to share.

as for individual nurses you want to acknowledge, speaking as a nurse, I think the best gift you can give is a letter to her boss explaining why she was so great.

When my parents have been hospitalized, I've taken in bagel boxes with cream cheese in the morning and ordered pizzas to be delivered around dinner time. The nursing staffs have always received these well. It was funny to listen to the staff talking about the treats when I was sitting with my folks (who are both perfectly fine now!) and they didn't think I could hear them. (Nothing offensive, just really funny references to my dad mostly.)

We will most definitely be doing a letter to the CEO (plus there will be a survey to fill out) and cards to the individual departments and each doctor. There will be food involved, not sure what yet. You have all had great ideas, but ultimately it has to pass my Dad's approval. :) His thoughts may differ from mine. - Maybe we'll do multiple things. :)

Today/tomorrow they are determining if she qualifies to stay there for inpatient rehab. We know it would be best and they are saying she needs to be at the hospital for it at this point, not a step-down facility or nursing home. AND, we know home is not going to be the best place for her for quite a while. So, one day at a time.

FYI, it's the night shift that has been the BEST! Mom's toughest times (codes) have happened in the night, so these are the people who have saved her life. The daytime folks have been great too, but our favorites happened to be the nighttime staff. :)

First, so glad your Mom is doing better! I work at a hospital and hearing success stories is awesome! All too often, we only hear of the bad experiences. I hope your Mother continues to do well!

For a more lasting gift - how about a Keurig & assorted K-cups for the lounge. A gift that would last a long time, and I'm sure get a lot of use. When your K-cups are gone, they can always get more. Even if they already have one, having two would be great!

Very nice of you to make the gesture. I also agree with previous posters about sending a note to the nurse manager individually naming those who were particularly special to you and your Mom. Our hospital gives special recognition as well.

In the ER we often get a box of See's candy or cookies from a local bakery. Just don't forget the night shifters!!

Eight years ago, my granddaughter has childhood cancer - she as 8. She was treated at Children's Hospital. Her Dad went to the store and bought several hundred dollars of candy (Gharadeli) sp. and delivered it to the nurses as a thank you - there was more than enough for everybody and it went over well.

Another nurse here! I am just so glad you posted about the nursing care your mother received! I always love to hear nice stories where a family member is pleased! I am always proud of my colleagues and proud to be a nurse! Sometimes words are enough!

Another nurse here! I am just so glad you posted about the nursing care your mother received! I always love to hear nice stories where a family member is pleased! I am always proud of my colleagues and proud to be a nurse! Sometimes words are enough!

Agreed. All the nurses that cared for you mother may not be working when you bring in tangible things. Although treats are appreciated, a letter to the Nurse Manager, Chief Nursing Officer and the CEO of the hospital go a long way.

When my daughter was in the NICU for a few weeks we wanted to thank all of the nurses in the unit. I wanted to give something that did not need to be refrigerated (so it wouldn't get tossed before the next shift had a chance to enjoy it) and something portable so even if someone wasn't hungry or able to eat at that moment they could take it with them. Also, I work in a school and we get edible gifts every now and then. Sometimes it grosses me out seeing a picked over food tray-I know the remaining food has been touched by a number of different people. Anyway, with all of that in mind we wound up making a large basket filled with oranges, bananas and individually wrapped large muffins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter