Thank you Massachusetts!

Ted in Halifax

Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!
I want to send out a Big Christmas Thank You to Massachusetts. Sorry this isnt to a CM .... but I do appreciate you!

Massachusetts, your train full of relief supplies, doctors, nurses saved our Bacon when we needed you the most! December 6, 1917 was the darkest day for Halifax, Nova Scotia... and you came through! Enjoy the Christmas Tree Boston and Thank You.

Some debts can never be repaid!

I live in Centerville, Massachusetts (Cape Cod). I was intrigued by your post and decided to do a little research as to the happenings in Halifax on that December date. I'm so glad I did, as I never knew about the tragedy suffered, or the relief efforts sent from Massachusetts. The continuation of the Christmas tree gift brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you posted!

God Bless our Canadian neighbors! I visited Halifax and all of Nova
Scotia for two weeks as a child with both my parents. I have fond memories of your beautiful province and will never forget the road trip I took with my parents. Dad passed this April but the memory of him driving all around the country, visiting the Cabot Trail and then deciding to take the ferry back to Portland instead of driving still makes me smile. Merry Christmas Halifax and Thank YOU!

I hope you get to come to Boston to see it some time Ted - it's beautiful. I make a point to go see it every year, & I say a prayer of thanks - & send my prayers to the great people of Canada for giving us such a lovely gift. Maybe someone can post a pic for Ted to see since I have no idea how to do this.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Thanks to all for the kind comments and the video link, I really enjoyed it! Merry Christmas to all!

Ted

On December 6th of each year, I remember what you ... did for us. I am deeply grateful.

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter