Thankgiving Dinner

SueBill

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 will be @ Disney the week of Thanksgiving. I will be making Priority Seating Reservations and was think about Liberty Tree Tavern.

Has anyone eaten there for Thanksgiving ? Is it good ? :confused3

Thanks for all of your help !!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Liberty Tree Tavern is the most popular restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner because of the location and theme. I haven't eaten there for Thanksgiving for years, but I am sure you will enjoy it. We considered it last year as we were in The World for the holiday. Instead we went to Artist Point at VWL because we wanted a quieter atmosphere. We had the best Thanksgiving, and one of the best meals, of my life.

One of the big ballrooms at Swan/Dolphin usually has an extravagant spread -- a buffet with everything imaginable -- and the meal includes characters to meet and greet. It goes on all afternoon and into the evening. Do a little googling and you might find the menus from last year. It looked terrific, but my wife was on a restricted diet at the time.

We visited Cape May Cafe last year for Thanksgiving, and loved it.

donald...really said:
Liberty Tree Tavern is the most popular restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner because of the location and theme. I haven't eaten there for Thanksgiving for years, but I am sure you will enjoy it. We considered it last year as we were in The World for the holiday. Instead we went to Artist Point at VWL because we wanted a quieter atmosphere. We had the best Thanksgiving, and one of the best meals, of my life.
Thanks so much for that review! We're going to Artist Point for dinner. DH said "If I wait for you to make up your mind, it'll be Christmas before you decide", so he decided on AP because he liked the atmosphere and had a nice meal there. So glad to hear a positive Thanksgiving review there.

Simba's Mom... I hope you don't mind more details, but I just loved that meal, and the entire night, I thought I would share a bit more...

My significant other and I had the first seating of the afternoon. 4:30 I think. We started in the lounge with a drink, as our table wasn't ready when we arrived. When we were seated, we were by the window with a view of the rockwork and landscaping out back. Our server was EXCELLENT, and there were only a few other diners in the restaurant. We had a wonderful view as the sun started to set toward the end of our meal. For the appetizer I had a delicious squash soup. We had a choice of three entrees, but we chose the traditional turkey dinner, and it was fabulous. And for dessert, we had a delicious fresh berry cobbler, with a number of different types of berries. YUM. After dinner, we strolled through the grounds of the resort, and made our way to the boat dock. It was getting darker and COLDER out. We took the boat to the Magic Kingdom where we made a bee line for the Emporium and stood in line to with other cold and under dressed guests to buy very expensive, but quite necessary, sweatshirts. After we put them on and warmed up a bit, we took a slow stroll around the park, taking in all of the holiday decorations. We didn't even ride anything, just strolled and looked. After about an hour and a half, we took the boat back to the Lodge, and spent about a half hour in the Iron Spike room, just sitting in front of the fire in the comfortable leather rocking chairs, listening to the music and reflecting on the perfect evening. I wish we could make that a holiday tradition, but our travel plans don't seem to be allowing that to happen. At least not for a few more years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter