Thanks, America

strider

Travel Addict
I read with interest that the American military have banned their personnel and advised their families and civilian employees from London due to events last week (which will now hit tourism badly). I would like to point out that: 1) The British continued to support America and did not stop travelling after 9/11 and 2) More Americans are murdered at home by their own people EVERY DAY than were killed in London last week, thus making the UK a MUCH safer place to be. So thank you America, I wont be coming again as I CANNOT abide cowards!

Whilst I agree it is a shame if they have done this, I believe many Americans will continue to visit London despite the tragic events of last week. The overwhelming support simply by American DIS members shows that they are supporting us.

:wizard:

Actually, my DH and I are planning a visit next spring to London and Amsterdam. I also have 3 cousins who left for Europe last week and London was their first and going to be their last stop. I am not going to stop living my life because of what some terrorists are doing. That is what they want us to do, stop living our lives and to live in fear.

Whilst I believe their military personnel are being big fat scaredy cats I also believe from the huge support we've had from our US and Canadian Dissers that these people ARE the minority, and the majority of Dissers are great people who won't let the terrorists get them down!

There is a thread about this on the Community Board and the vast majority of people are saying that they would not be put off of coming to London. Infact those who already have plans in place are still coming.

just as we didn't stop visiting the us after 9/11 i beleive that the american people will still visit the uk after 7/7
life MUST go on !!

Our plans to visit next Summer have not changed.

That order has now been rescinded. While it seems to have caused some embarrasment for the US Embassy in London, it didn't seem to be too unreasonable when the order was given in the immediate aftermath of Thursday's events. If it had been rescinded in a timely fashion (and clearly it wasn't) nothing would have been said, but as it is the media are having a bit of a field day with it.

While the US does take force protection very seriously, perhaps overly so, I think calling them big fat scaredy cats doesn't seem to fit with the very front-line role they are playing in Iraq, Afganistan and who knows where else!

Regards

Rob

I'm sorry, but have to say I think it a tad harsh to criticise a whole nation due to the decision of a single governing body!

I also find it rather ironic that you choose to call people cowards when you appear to be using an alias to post with - 'nuff said.

I've got a British Isles Cruise booked with a week in london afterwards... not a thing has changed for me.

Please can we all hold strong together on this? We need to be united not stabbing each other in the back. Think Disney :sunny:

Guys,

I think we should take this OP with a pinch of salt. He's only made 2 posts and both of them seem to be trying to wind eveyone up.

Everyone should look forward to their upcoming vacations and know that, as in the States, everyone in the UK will welcome all visitors with open arms.

Be safe,
Andy

Well said Andy :)

Clearly a TROLL as they only registered today as well. Not interested in Disney or becoming part of the DIS community just in winding people up and getting a reaction.

Please don't feed them ;)

strider said:
I read with interest that the American military have banned their personnel and advised their families and civilian employees from London due to events last week (which will now hit tourism badly). I would like to point out that: 1) The British continued to support America and did not stop travelling after 9/11 and 2) More Americans are murdered at home by their own people EVERY DAY than were killed in London last week, thus making the UK a MUCH safer place to be. So thank you America, I wont be coming again as I CANNOT abide cowards!

...as we in the UK are advised by the government not to travel if there are serious incidents in other countries. Your point marked "1"; The US have continued to support us, as have many other nations around the world. Also, the amount of people from the UK visiting the US in the aftermath of 9/11 dropped significantly. Your point marked "2"; I think you'll find that per head of population the number of murders in the UK equate closely to that of the USA.

The vast majority of us welcome the sympathy and support of all the civilised people around the world. If you feel that strongly about the Americans, don't go there. If you need to criticise them, then go and demonstrate outside their embassy.

Obviously a mountain troll - having looked them up on the Harry Potter Lexicon website the description seems to fit:

"The Mountain Troll is very stupid. It stands twelve feet tall, with gray skin, a lumpy body, and flat horny feet. It exudes a powerfully awful smell, "a mixture of old socks and the kind of public toilet no one seems to clean." Its nose is full of what looks like lumpy, gray glue: troll boogers"

So, if he appears on the DIS again, stick your wand up his nose :wizard:

I have just read that the American ban on London is lifted so I will take back my words if you will let me. I hope there will not be too much damage to tourism though. On the murder front Richard I believe I am still correct, sorry. Troll, not though, why try and flame a thread just because you do not like the content. Discuss, don’t insult please.

strider said:
I have just read that the American ban on London is lifted so I will take back my words if you will let me. I hope there will not be too much damage to tourism though. On the murder front Richard I believe I am still correct, sorry. Troll, not though, why try and flame a thread just because you do not like the content. Discuss, don’t insult please.

What exactly did you expect? Please do stay home - we don't want you here!

nowellsl said:
What exactly did you expect? Please do stay home - we don't want you here!

And who, exactly, are you to make that comment. You have obviously been democratically elected as a site representative then, have you not?

The same one that gave you the right to call americans cowards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter