Thanks Dis-ers ! New Faves and mini dining report

DanaHesson

DIS Veteran
Thanks to all the great advice, My hubby and I are now official Dole Whip lovers.
I also tried and liked the Rice Cream in Norway, but you guys HAVE to try the School Bread at the bakery there, also the chocolate cake stuff. Both are heavenly.
We had my bday dinner at the Crystal Palace on Nov. 4th. Erik Estrada from Chips was there and was being very gracious allowing people to take pics. Anyway, back to the food.... They had prime rib, and turkey breast at the carving station. They also had salmon, and some delicious pulled pork on the buffet. Everything I tried was good except I was not impressed with the desserts. The Tropical Cole Slaw was to DIE for. The characters were a blast, and all in all it was a fantastic birthday meal.

We had lunch at the Brown Derby at MGM the next day, and the only word that describes the meal was FANTASTIC. My parents split the grouper, I had the Cobb salad, and my husband had the BBQ chicken. We all had some of the devine Potato Leek Soup. If you get a chance, you MUST try this soup. It out soups the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier, and I didnt think that was possible. The one thing that had been suggested by Dis-ers that we didnt care for was the grapefruit cake, but the Creme Brulee was excellent.

Our final day we had lunch at Le Cellier and it was wonderul also. I had the soup and the French Dip sandwich, my husband had some open faced steak sandwich with tomato jam. He loved his also.

Oh and the one I almost forgot. Lunch at Tusker House in AK the first day. The Meal Deal is a great value, and my dad spent the rest of the trip trying to find a bargain to equal it. Not to mention the fare was several notches above your traditional theme park faire......

All in all, a great trip. I cant wait to go back and do some more good eating.

yum! I'll have to try the Brown Derby next time I'm there. I'm also looking forward to trying a dole whip and rice cream!

That's awesome that you & your husband went with your parents- don't see that happening to much nowadays!

Crystal Palace for our first time our upcoming trip. I can't believe this will be our 4th time in the world and we've never eaten there (it was closed last time, in our defense!).

We're also big fans of Tusker House for a theme park meal. I don't think it can be beat.

Oh some of may favorites. Crystal Palace is a family must do each trip! I love Brown Derby and can't wait to go back again. I have never tried Le Cellier, but it is on the list for one of the next two trips and of course I agree about the meal deal and Tusker House! Glad you had a great time!

My birthday on Thursday will be at Crystal Palace too. Did you participate in the parade?

Also glad to hear BD was great. We are trying that for the first time

Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like you had some great meals. And I'm always happy to see another Dole Whip fan - I'm really looking forward to having one (or two!) next month. :D

I enjoyed your reviews, thanks for sharing. Le Cellier is on our must do list for next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter