• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving crowd comparison

This is our first time going for TG. I'm nervous but we had very little problem getting all of our ADRs and with fall free dining and Rise of the Resistance opening the next week, I'm hopeful that it won't be SO crowded. I'm allowing a good amount of time for ADRs, which i know can be crowded. I'm hoping that 2 hours is enough for liberty tree for TG dinner. I guess I will have a better feel for it when its FP time. If i can get most of mine, it will give me some peace of mind.

We did dinner there in 2017. Had a great time!
I figure the food is very Thanksgiving-y. Did they have anything special on the menu for the holiday?

I admit, I have a Cape May dinner reservation, I'm still feeling a bit unsure which I should do!

I figure the food is very Thanksgiving-y. Did they have anything special on the menu for the holiday?

I admit, I have a Cape May dinner reservation, I'm still feeling a bit unsure which I should do!

They served a bread pudding as a special dessert. I don't like that, but my husband said it was delicious. :)

The turkey was YUM.

For those of you going on Thanksgiving, where are you eating? We booked Tusker House this year and I am really excited about it.
We're doing Trail's End for Thanksgiving! We do have Tusker House earlier in the week. Do you know if the characters will be in Christmas costumes? I read that AK will be celebrating more for Christmas this year, but I wasn't sure if they would still be in their safari outfits. Regardless I am excited to see the decorations.

So will we! We ate there a few years ago on Thanksgiving day and loved it. We also have liberty tree booked for lunch.
This will be our 4th thanksgiving trip in a row. Can’t wait!
OK so I have to ask: I've really been on the fence with my Thanksgiving Day ADR. We have reservations for both Garden Grill and Cape May and I don't know which one to keep. I'm thinking of Cape May simply because it's a "Thanksgiving Dinner" buffet and I'm not sure Garden Grill would do anything special. But we love the characters at Garden Grill, so I'm really torn! What would you do?

OK so I have to ask: I've really been on the fence with my Thanksgiving Day ADR. We have reservations for both Garden Grill and Cape May and I don't know which one to keep. I'm thinking of Cape May simply because it's a "Thanksgiving Dinner" buffet and I'm not sure Garden Grill would do anything special. But we love the characters at Garden Grill, so I'm really torn! What would you do?

I can’t say for sure that garden grill does anything special (my guess is it’s the same menu). This is a photo of the cape May menu from a previous thanksgiving day visit. It was pretty much the usual buffet with turkey/trimmings added. Is there another day you could do garden grill?

Attachments

• 599925DA-AAE9-4D72-BD0B-4766F3BD37C0.jpeg
    599925DA-AAE9-4D72-BD0B-4766F3BD37C0.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 9
For those of you going on Thanksgiving, where are you eating? We booked Tusker House this year and I am really excited about it.

We’re eating at Garden Grove in the Swan since we’re staying at the Dolphin. I’ve never been, but a DISboards poster highly recommended it for Thanksgiving. I’m super excited about it!

I can’t say for sure that garden grill does anything special (my guess is it’s the same menu). This is a photo of the cape May menu from a previous thanksgiving day visit. It was pretty much the usual buffet with turkey/trimmings added. Is there another day you could do garden grill?
Thanks for the info! I'm really leaning toward Cape May, I think. We won't really have room to do Garden Grill another day, but we've done it in the past so I don't think it's a must-do.
How is the dessert selection at Cape May that day? Do they have pumpkin pie? I just don't think Thanksgiving would be Thanksgiving if we didn't have pumpkin pie!

Thanks for the info! I'm really leaning toward Cape May, I think. We won't really have room to do Garden Grill another day, but we've done it in the past so I don't think it's a must-do.
How is the dessert selection at Cape May that day? Do they have pumpkin pie? I just don't think Thanksgiving would be Thanksgiving if we didn't have pumpkin pie!

I think there was pumpkin pie there but I’m not totally sure. Their desserts are mini size and I know somewhere we ate had small pumpkin pies so I’m thinking it was there. Maybe someone who’s been there more recently can help out!

We're doing Trail's End for Thanksgiving
While we aren't going for Thanksgiving this year we've been 4x in recent years. Ate dinner at Trail's End and LOVED it! They do tend to run behind seating on Thanksgiving though but food is delicious. Last year was Boma and the turkey was phenomenal. We enjoy Cape May dinner in general and I wouldn't hesitate to eat there for Thanksgivng; all good choices!

We arrived the day after thanksgiving last year for a 6day trip. 1st few days was listed as a 10 on the crowd calendar. While I thought MK was going to be shoulder to shoulder, I was quite surprised how easy it was to move around. But it really does make a difference, right around day 3 or 4 after thanksgiving, crowds got noticeably lighter.

Whispering Canyon. I had to stalk the website for three weeks after 180 days out, waiting for availability but we got it. Garden Grill for breakfast that morning.

A friend of mine just ate there and told me it was some of the best food she had the entire trip! I have heard they add some traditional food to the Thanksgiving day menu.

We have been going to WDW for Thanksgiving for the past 15 years. It has become much more crowded lately, but that is a relative comparison .

Lately Thanksgiving crowds are a 10 out of 10 from Tuesday - Saturday. Everyone's opinion is based on their experience and if you are a first timer you need to be prepared. You must have dining reservations for the popular places. You must have FP for the popular rides and usually only in MK you will be able to get 4 FP for some of the "good rides". QS will be crowded with queues for the lines at popular times up to an hour, and TS walk ins will be non-existent for most of the popular restaurants. We have seen waits for It's a Small World at 45 minutes, HM at 120 minutes, Soarin 240, FoP 300.

We were forced into going this week due to schedules in the beginning and have grown to love it. BUT it is not a week for the faint of heart IMO. It is busy and patience is a must. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter