Thanksgiving Crowd Pics

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm curious what the parks looked like yesterday. Anyone have pictures of what the crowds looked like?

I don’t know about Thanksgiving but the Magic Kingdom was packed on Monday! Epcot was kind of busy on Tuesday. We left on Wedsnesday as our vacation was from 11/13-11/21. It was a huge difference in the amount we were able to get done at the parks before the Thanksgiving crowd flew in. Monday was so chaotic we waited 2 hours for fireworks and couldn’t book any decent fast passss beyond our 3 for the day. Yes we could have probably lined up later for the fireworks, as 1. We had an excellent spot, and 2. We thought they started at 9:00 instead of 10:00. However it was still very busy with the fast past and stand by line for Big Thunder (which was down earlier) being massive at times. 7DMT was at a 3 and a half hour wait. We wanted 25 minutes in the fast pass line. We rode 7DMT the week earlier and waited like 5 minutes in the fast pass line.

We were at AK yesterday afternoon and it was a normal weekend crowd feel. We arrived around 1pm and had no line to park, security, or admission and waited 5 minutes max to order drinks/snacks at quick service spots. Less crowds than Spring Break for sure.

IMO some of the holiday crowd warnings are overblown - perhaps MK is slammed but I've not found the other 3 parks to be insane on Thanksgiving. Now Christmas... ;)

MK being slammed may partly be due to not having any Very Merry Xmas parties Thanksgiving week, thus being open until 11:00pm rather than 6:00pm every night. And that it's Thanksgiving week, of course. :)

We have been here since Wednesday. It has been crowded, but manageable. We knew when we planned this trip that we wouldn't get to do everything we wanted, and it has been great. We have spent time at attractions we don't normally do and have enjoyed looking at all the decorations.

Here now. Definitely crowded. We usually come in August and it’s way more crowded now. But I notice that crowds are in much better spirits than they are in the summer. People are more patient, more courteous. Between the cooler temps and holiday spirit, it’s more pleasant overall, despite the crowds. It is not the time of year to expect that you will get to ride everything you want. But we have gotten to experiene most of our favorites.

At Disney Springs now and it’s packed, but festive.

The one time we went to MK on Thanksgiving it wasn't that bad in the morning. We hit it shortly after RD (think it was a 7 am non EMH opening that day) and had an ADR at CRT sometime before noon. After lunch we ate and took a couple of pics on Main Street then resort hopped for most of the day. May the force be with anyone who can pull off an full park day on a Holiday like Thanksgiving.

200.gif

Here are our pics as we were leaving MK after lunch...it was still "doable" at this time.

10891763_10204555755325683_1899100692231789684_n.jpg

10897966_10204555755645691_1138224943340970804_n.jpg

Touring plans rated crowds on Monday through Wednesday as a 10 in every park or if not every park, nearly so and close to a 10. According to them, Thanksgiving day and Friday were still very crowded but a little less. Sunday the 18th, all the parks were rated an 8. So for me, it was much more crowded than when I went during our March spring break dates (started around the 17th). It was ok though cause of the Christmas touches added to many parts of the resort.

Touring plans rated crowds on Monday through Wednesday as a 10 in every park or if not every park, nearly so and close to a 10. According to them, Thanksgiving day and Friday were still very crowded but a little less. Sunday the 18th, all the parks were rated an 8. So for me, it was much more crowded than when I went during our March spring break dates (started around the 17th). It was ok though cause of the Christmas touches added to many parts of the resort.
That’s what I thought too. MK was crowded on Sunday, but WS in Epcot on Monday was actually not busy at all, which was a really nice surprise for my family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter