• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving dining hours

Aussie Princess

Mouseketeer
hi Guys

Looks like we will be flying home on thanksgiving this year
But we want to do a thanksgiving meal before we leave ( night flight) what time in the afternoon do most places start there thanksgiving meals? I tried to search online for times but no luck

We will have a couple of ppl with us who have never done it before hence why we want to do it before we leave

hi Guys

Looks like we will be flying home on thanksgiving this year
But we want to do a thanksgiving meal before we leave ( night flight) what time in the afternoon do most places start there thanksgiving meals? I tried to search online for times but no luck

We will have a couple of ppl with us who have never done it before hence why we want to do it before we leave

When in doubt about anything holiday-related, don't forget to check (or post the question in) the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread! In this post, under the Thanksgiving Day Dining section, there is a link to a thread from 2013 (when reservations opened up), which lists a couple of different times. I'm sure the times didn't vary too drastically in 2014.

I don't think that all of the restaurants follow the exact same schedule, so it would depend on where you wanted to eat.

If you were doing the Feast at the Disneyland Hotel (in the Grand Ballroom), you'd probably be able to eat there from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. or so.

Storytellers Café may not begin serving its Thanksgiving fare until 5 p.m.

Thanks Sherry I did think of the super thread but couldn't find the page while I was quickly looking while discussing with DH

I would def need something before 3pm we normally leave the parks for our pick up at around 5 ( our flight is 10pm)

Thanks Sherry I did think of the super thread but couldn't find the page while I was quickly looking while discussing with DH

I would def need something before 3pm we normally leave the parks for our pick up at around 5 ( our flight is 10pm)

That Thanksgiving info is on page 1 of the Superthread, so if you need to go back and double check something it is easy to get to.

Based on your schedule, you might have to go with the feast at the Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom then (that's the one that DIS'ers Orbitron and Corinna/dolphingirl47 attended last year, and they reported back about it in the Superthread), since it starts seating at noon. There could be some table service restaurants serving Thanksgiving food earlier than 5 p.m. but we may not know until September (when the reservations open up).

Hopefully they have more options than just the feast prices wise might be out of our price range

To be honest I'll be happy with anywhere that serves what resembles a turkey dinner

Hopefully they have more options than just the feast prices wise might be out of our price range

To be honest I'll be happy with anywhere that serves what resembles a turkey dinner

I know what you mean -- the feast sounds amazing, and there are characters there and a huge layout of food, but the prices are... :faint::faint:

Maybe Carnation Café will start serving a turkey dinner early. Another possible option could be Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. Or maybe Catal in DTD.

I have been wanting to try Carnation Cafe for the past couple of years but never got there

I need to resubscribe to the holiday time thread since I'm booking again on the weekend for November

When in doubt about anything holiday-related, don't forget to check (or post the question in) the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread! In this post, under the Thanksgiving Day Dining section, there is a link to a thread from 2013 (when reservations opened up), which lists a couple of different times. I'm sure the times didn't vary too drastically in 2014.

I don't think that all of the restaurants follow the exact same schedule, so it would depend on where you wanted to eat.

If you were doing the Feast at the Disneyland Hotel (in the Grand Ballroom), you'd probably be able to eat there from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. or so.

Storytellers Café may not begin serving its Thanksgiving fare until 5 p.m.
We did Storytellers this year and they were serving Thanksgiving dinner at 230p.

The Grand Ballroom served from 12pm-8pm (last seating was 8pm.)

Most in park locations serving Thanksgiving dinner opened at 1130a.

We did Storytellers this year and they were serving Thanksgiving dinner at 230p.

The Grand Ballroom served from 12pm-8pm (last seating was 8pm.)

Most in park locations serving Thanksgiving dinner opened at 1130a.

I reported what people reported to me and/or to this forum. The last seating at the Grand Ballroom was reported to be 6 p.m., according to DIS'ers Orbitron and southlake in 2014:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52365715&postcount=1901

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52361748&postcount=1877

That would also be consistent with what DIS'er edna mode posted in 2013:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49695788&postcount=1

So, if it 8 p.m. was the last seating (which wouldn't help the OP of this thread in any case, as she has to leave early), that was not what was told by the Dining folks on the phone in either 2013 or 2014. Maybe it's something they added in as time went on? Maybe they originally began with a plan for the last seating to be at 6 p.m., and then it was extended until 8 p.m.? Or perhaps the last seating was at 6 p.m., but the Ballroom closed at 8 p.m.?

Also in that same link to edna mode's post from 2013, you will see that she reported (about Storytellers Café) that they "do not begin booking until 5pm." I took that to mean that the reservations for the Thanksgiving meals began at 5 p.m. (the first seating, in other words), but I could have misunderstood what she reported. Either that, or they simply changed the schedule in 2014 and began serving earlier.

To me, it makes sense to serve Thanksgiving meals all day at as many restaurants as possible. Some people won't want to wait until late afternoon to eat their holiday meal. So if that is what's actually happening, then it's great!

Good to hear you had an early thanksgiving meal which will be helpful to us and our departure time to make our flight

So, if it 8 p.m. was the last seating (which wouldn't help the OP of this thread in any case, as she has to leave early), that was not what was told by the Dining folks on the phone in either 2013 or 2014. Maybe it's something they added in as time went on? Maybe they originally began with a plan for the last seating to be at 6 p.m., and then it was extended until 8 p.m.? Or perhaps the last seating was at 6 p.m., but the Ballroom closed at 8 p.m.?

Also in that same link to edna mode's post from 2013, you will see that she reported (about Storytellers Café) that they "do not begin booking until 5pm." I took that to mean that the reservations for the Thanksgiving meals began at 5 p.m. (the first seating, in other words), but I could have misunderstood what she reported. Either that, or they simply changed the schedule in 2014 and began serving earlier.

To me, it makes sense to serve Thanksgiving meals all day at as many restaurants as possible. Some people won't want to wait until late afternoon to eat their holiday meal. So if that is what's actually happening, then it's great!
As far as the Grand Ballroom, when I was trying to decide if I wanted to do the Royal Feast, one option for reservation was 630p. (I was changing my mind from Storytellers.) But I cancelled it and stuck with my Storytellers as my granddaughter would be a problem eating that late. When we ate there in 2013, we had a 2pm reservation, and I really liked it, other than the turkey.

This year (2014) we opted for Storytellers. Our reservation was for 230p. We were not the first people in there. I don't know what time they started serving. I know the last reservation was 9pm. (I had a lot of reservations trying to figure out how many people an dwhere.)

ETA - It was 630p and here is a copy of my dining reservation -

Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Dinner
Thursday Nov 27, 2014 (6:30 PM, Special)
Confirmation Number: 443081762903
Cancel Reservation
Reservation
Date: Thursday Nov 27, 2014
Time: 6:30 PM, Special
Dining Party: 9 Adults

Hopefully they have more options than just the feast prices wise might be out of our price range To be honest I'll be happy with anywhere that serves what resembles a turkey dinner

They have the turkey lunch dinner at Plaza inn and it's very yummy!!! And not overpriced. Not sure if you have plans to go to park on that day though.

Thank you heaps for the information everyone went to book today and the dates changed dramatically now going Nov 17-30 so won't matter what time thanksgiving meal anymore

Thank you heaps for the information everyone went to book today and the dates changed dramatically now going Nov 17-30 so won't matter what time thanksgiving meal anymore

:rotfl2: That's true! Now you can eat at night, if that's when you want to eat, or in the afternoon. At least you know you will be able to find some Thanksgiving food at different places, and at different price points.

Last year, Orbitron (who, if I'm not mistaken, lives in Germany) had already completed his Disneyland Resort holiday trip and gone up to Hollywood, but he drove back down to Anaheim (which is 45 minutes or more from Los Angeles, depending on traffic) on November 27th just for the sole purpose of having the traditional Thanksgiving meal at the Disneyland Hotel. He wanted to experience the traditional feast with the specific Thanksgiving foods.

That's probably something we take for granted here in America -- we don't realize that a lot of other countries don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and many international visitors want to sample a bit of the Thanksgiving experience when they are here!

2014 was our first time and we loved it they lucky how the sale fares have fallen for us again this year really

So def going to storytellers since we will have a first timer with us this trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter