Thanksgiving Dinner 2019

Again, a suggestion of steamed green beans.

If not then start off with a salad course. Doesn't have to be big or fancy.

Also, include a big veggie tray as an appetizer.

We always have lasagna for holiday meals with the traditional turkey spread. It works out well because we can make a smaller lasagna for my vegetarian DD. She'll eat the lasagna, mashed potatoes, vegetables that don't have bacon in them and some stuffing if someone is nice enough to make some with vegetable broth for her.

We all bring something to my MIL's house on Thanksgiving Day. I usually make the roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and I'm always on call to make the turkey because my DH's sister can be flakey about it. My SIL (BIL's wife) makes the mashed potatoes and green beans almandine. My DH's other sister is in charge of the lasagnas and Sunday Sauce. Whoever makes the turkey makes the dressing. DMIL's component is the baked sweet potatoes that no one eats (there are too many other really good things. lol) Some of us bring desserts, as our moods determine... otherwise we have bakery desserts.

I am the official turkey carver.

I do the menu over again on Friday for my family and we do it again on Saturday at my parents' house.

Nothing beats a turkey dinner in my book. It's my favorite meal and I always requested it for my birthday when I was growing up, too.

Now I'm hungry.

I do the menu over again on Friday for my family and we do it again on Saturday at my parents' house.

Oh good - I'm not the only one who does this!!!

My husband and sons traditionally hunt the Saturday after Thanksgiving and are very superstitious about NEEDING a leftover turnkey sandwich for the day, which goes back to my husbands grandfather taking him hunting I think.

Wow thanks guys!
We are now having a vegetarian come too so I am roasting a cauliflower. I think my son is doing th a greens salad.
Please keep the ideas coming though

I usually make this to go with leftover turkey, but it’s a healthy alternative to a lot of side dishes:

Peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
Brussel sprouts, cleaned halved
Sliced red onions

Toss with a little olive oil and roast at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes

I always roast broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts with garlic and olive oil and serve a green salad. My sister won’t eat corn or cooked carrots, so I include a veggie tray in the appetizers

Roasted vegetables with a maple glaze are really delicious and the maple glaze just gives it that special thanksgiving flavor.

I have also roasted acorn squash halves when we are a smaller group. A little butter and brown sugar or the same maple glaze is really good brushed on while roasting. Just not so much that it takes away from the taste of the squash.

Roasted butternut squash is good added to salads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter