Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Stove Top is the bomb. Every time I make it I wonder why I don’t do it all year. So easy and SO delicious!

I love Stove Top. I always had it for Thanksgiving, I don't really like homemade since I grew up with Stove Top.

Im working on our charcuterie board list. So far we have:

Goat cheese
Mozzarella (fresh)
Gouda
Salame
Turkey
Fig jam
Coarse mustard
Grapes
Blue cheese stuffed olives
Walnuts
Pickles
Assorted crackers

Should I add anything else??
I would add Brie just because I love Brie on crackers.

My MIL changed her mind about hosting in light of the current virus trends and my family's exposure risk, with two essential workers and a kid attending in-person school. And my daughter, who usually helps MIL do the cooking, was so upset that she guilted me into doing the whole traditional thing... plus a small turkey breast or tenderloin early, since we're dropping off plates for my mom and MIL on Wed. so they have it to heat up. So the menu is:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Sweet potatoes
Collard greens
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Kielbasa & sauerkraut
Charcuterie tray
Deviled eggs
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie (from a local bakery - I don't bake)
Pecan pie (same)

It seems crazy excessive for dinner for four (six if you count the take-out meals for our mothers, who both live alone), but if sticking to the traditions make the kid feel better about the weirdness this year, it'll be worth it.

My MIL changed her mind about hosting in light of the current virus trends and my family's exposure risk, with two essential workers and a kid attending in-person school. And my daughter, who usually helps MIL do the cooking, was so upset that she guilted me into doing the whole traditional thing... plus a small turkey breast or tenderloin early, since we're dropping off plates for my mom and MIL on Wed. so they have it to heat up. So the menu is:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Sweet potatoes
Collard greens
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Kielbasa & sauerkraut
Charcuterie tray
Deviled eggs
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie (from a local bakery - I don't bake)
Pecan pie (same)

It seems crazy excessive for dinner for four (six if you count the take-out meals for our mothers, who both live alone), but if sticking to the traditions make the kid feel better about the weirdness this year, it'll be worth it.

Yes... I can’t believe how much food we’re planning for just the 5 of us, but I think we all need Thanksgiving to stay as traditional & as familiar as possible. It’s going to feel weird & sad since no one will be joining us, so maybe having all the familiar foods will be comforting.

I wasn’t going to do deviled eggs, but, when I was going over our menu w/ my husband, he said, “We’re not having deviled eggs?” And he decided that he’d fix a batch of deviled eggs.

My sister-in-law and I pulled the plug on Thanksgiving the other day. So, it’s just me and I ordered a traditional Turkey Dinner to go from a local restaurant.

Im working on our charcuterie board list. So far we have:

Goat cheese
Mozzarella (fresh)
Gouda
Salame
Turkey
Fig jam
Coarse mustard
Grapes
Blue cheese stuffed olives
Walnuts
Pickles
Assorted crackers

Should I add anything else??
I always have Prosciutto on mine as well as a small dish with good olive oil and herbs. I slice up a baguette for dipping in the oil.

All your meals sound wonderful. I wish everyone a safe Happy Thanksgiving.

we will be just 3 of us
Ham- Costco’s Master Carved boneless
Instant Mashed potatoes mixed with mozzarella & bread crumbs- DH family recipe
Stove top stuffing
Stuffed mushrooms
Broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce
Mac n cheese

appetizer, served at noon- soppressata, pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, olives, crackers,sliced Italian bread

pudding pie, blueberry pie, crockpot lava cake

My Thanksgiving Menu

Turkey
Ham
Stuffing/Dressing
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Potato Salad
Arroz con Gandules (Rice & Beans)
Green Bean Casserole
Cabbage/Collard Greens
Candied Yams
Can Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Corn Bread
Dinner Rolls
Homemade Sweet Potato Pie
Homemade Banana Pudding
Homemade Pound Cake
Coconut Custard Pie

I think that is it.....

Can I please ask as a Scottish non-Thanksgiving dinner person - why do you have rolls with your Thanksgiving dinner? What do you do with them? I would always associate rolls with soup.

There is only going to 5 maybe 6 for Thanksgiving at my house this year...

Turkey, and Ham - both are smaller... I was very selective in picking them out.
Stuffin Muffins - so easy and just the right portion and easy to reheat.
Homemade mashed potatoes
Green beans or pole beans
Some type of peas, with bacon, and onions..
Veggie Pot Pie, I have to cut the recipe down so will see..
or
Roasted veggies
deviled eggs, and raw veggie plate
Pumpkin pie and whipped cream
Brownies

I will be making a meal a day ahead to take over to my parents house... both of my parents health is compromised, and they both have had a very rough year health wise... Nothing to do with Covid Thankfully... so they decided to stay home. So that's why I am making another whole meal...

Small pre-sliced ham and turkey breast - in the deli section is where I find them - just right for the 2 of them - Aldi has the best ones, and as well a really good price..
My mom will make instant potatoes - I know, I pick my battles, she said its easier for them, and a pouch makes enough for lunch and dinner for them..
Stove top stuffing, this is what they requested
A jar of turkey gravy for them to warm up. This works the best for them
Can of jellied cranberry sauce.
I will take some of the peas that I am making and share them with them
Honey Glazed carrots,
I might do a small veggie casserole and just top with cheese so that they can reheat it... the crust on top doesn't really reheat very well..
I will make extra deviled eggs to take to them as well
Last year at Publix they had pumpkin roll sliced up with 4 slices in a package which is perfect and I got that for my parents to take home, they really aren't into pie that much... and my mom is requesting this apple dump cake that I make, the problem is that they can't eat a whole cake. So most likely I will make it and divide it in half... and send some home with my DH's brother... as well if they are not offering the slice's of pumpkin roll I can just get a whole one and split it with DH's brother...

Can I please ask as a Scottish non-Thanksgiving dinner person - why do you have rolls with your Thanksgiving dinner? What do you do with them? I would always associate rolls with soup.
I would eat rolls with anything! And I think, here, with any large meal it's kind of traditional to have some sort of bread offering (we don't have rolls with every meal, but when you go to a nice restaurant, it's very common to have some sort of bread basket offered.)

My son & his girlfriend were telling me about these....I'm not a huge cider fan but might give it a try.
So if you like sweet go with my : Caramel Apple Martinis (1oz Tito's, 1.5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps then fill the glass with Wegmans Cider)
Admittedly, I like my drinks like candy in a glass, to make the above caramel drizzle sides of glass with caramel before pouring, oh and the spiced Wegmans cider tastes like apple pie.

If you want it less sweet use equal Titos, Schnapps & the Wegmans plain cider, the cider is still amazing but less apple pie.

You can give it a few tries before you find the mix you like, these have been my favorite winter drink since having one at a friends wedding :)

So if you like sweet go with my : Caramel Apple Martinis (1oz Tito's, 1.5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps then fill the glass with Wegmans Cider)
Admittedly, I like my drinks like candy in a glass, to make the above caramel drizzle sides of glass with caramel before pouring, oh and the spiced Wegmans cider tastes like apple pie.

If you want it less sweet use equal Titos, Schnapps & the Wegmans plain cider, the cider is still amazing but less apple pie.

You can give it a few tries before you find the mix you like, these have been my favorite winter drink since having one at a friends wedding :)

That sounds great - thanks for the tip(s). Sadly...and I DO mean that!!! we are no where near a Wegmans. Close as I can get is a Harris Teeter 45 minutes away :rotfl: but I'll grab some cider somewhere and perhaps we will give these a try on Thanksgiving.

Oh, & I almost forgot...

My parents & my mother-in-law don’t drink alcohol at all & would frown heavily & be very uncomfortable if we served alcohol at Thanksgiving.

So, the one positive about us having Thanksgiving by ourselves is that my husband & I can have Apple Cider Sangria as a pre-dinner cocktail & then we have a nice Pinot Grigiot to go w/ our Thanksgiving meal.

This year, it’s the little things.

My family will make anything into a sandwich, including turkey & cranberry sauce. And tossing them to one another across the table is a bit of a joking family tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter