• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Disney trip and Disney dad birthday

Mouseketeer1997

Earning My Ears
Hi y’all first time posting a trip report on disboards ever. So bear with me and I’ll post our trip as I have time.

11-24-20

travel day/1st night at WDW

This thanksgiving/Disney dad’s b-day WDW/ Miami trip we have my Disneynerd mom, Disneynerd Dad and Disneynerd brother and myself who is also a Disneynerd traveled to Florida on a afternoon flight. We traveled by flight from Moline,IL to Sanford airport to get to WDW. Our flight took off around 2:50ish. Our flight didn’t get to WDW til 7:30ish at night. We stayed at the Yacht club Resort from 11-24 to 11-27-20. That night we ate at Marketplace at Ale & Compass where my family and I ordered fast food.

We ordered 3 foot long chili hot dogs with our chili and cheese on the side and 1 chicken panini one pumpkin whoopie pie (which they didn’t have) 1 Christmas crinkle cookie bag (which tasted like brownies to my Disney mom.) To my dislike they charged my Disney dad on his credit card a pumpkin whoopie pie in which they didn’t have available to grab in the “grab and go” fridge, so my mom found a cast member to ask for a pumpkin whoopie pie and he went to find out. After 5 minutes my Disney mom got told by another that it wasn’t available right now, but With a little pixie dust from the cast member who told my Disney mom I can pick out another treat and I picked out a Mickey shaped gingerbread cookie that had chocolate ganache on the bottom. Was so good. The hot dogs that my Disney brother, Disney dad and myself had ordered were cold and not good to eat but the chili was piping hot and so delicious. (not recommended to get hot dogs) my Disney mom had a chicken panini that she had said she wouldn’t get recommend to eat but will order if it was the only thing available.

After that we went to our room since we did online check in and had our magicbands already in our hand. The first room was facing towards the pool and had a daybed in which my Disney mom had preferred for all of us but had the bathtub/shower combination and since I have a physical disability with balance issues of climbing in and out, we asked to switch rooms and got to get a tree view that’s quiet with a stand alone shower and a day bed. We got that. Shortly after that we unpacked and settled in our beds and chilled then went to bed.

Reactions: DLo
1st full day at Magic kingdom part 1

Since I am a Disney brat number 1 since I was 4 now 23 yrs old and my brother is a Disney brat number 2 been going since he was a infant, his age undisclosed since he is a rebel spy (Star Wars). We have been going since we can remember we think that MK is a must in all places of Disney there is. But is it really fun to wear a mask while COVID-19 is happening?Not really, but it is still fun to enjoy being there with family and with thanksgiving literally around the corner… it might beat all of the holiday thanksgiving cooking that my dad does.. (yummy cookin dad!) ok back to my TR..

Since my mom does the planning on all of our Disney trips which I give credit to her for, she had us get up at 6:30ish to get up and eat “Nilla wafers” or cheese cracker sandwiches and “Pepsi” for early morning breakfast and get dressed and out the door. We head down to the parking lot and got in the car. Dad drove us to contemporary resort to have a “reservation” at the wave where we as a family sneaking by the security guard to get by as we walk along the walkway to get to MK for the morning. By the time we get there there was a line to wait for temperature checks and security checks for bags, purses and camera bags etc. That was only maybe 5

to ten minutes to wait for our turn. MK opens up on thanksgiving week. (pre-COVID hours or post-COVID hours from 8am-9pm?)

We get towards the ticket magicband line where we can get in. After that we head to our first ride to wait in line for which is 7 dwarfs mine train where maybe to wait in line was a half hour or twenty minutes maybe. The second ride was Peter Pan and that was 10 minutes to wait in line then walked over from fantasyland to Frontierland to get over to BTMRR and wait time suggested 35-45 wait time. (My mom had my brother do a stopwatch timer for every ride we went on to see where we started for first step in line to when we got to the ride. That stopwatch was a lifesaver for us to see if it was usually 15-20 minute wait time and it usually was around that time frame while we were riding around rides.) we head over to liberty square to ride Haunted Mansion then we head over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain where I opt out of it not only gives me a headache with all the jostling but gives me a slight annoyance with getting in and out of the ride with a slight back ache.

We head over to Adventureland and ride “Jingle” Cruise and Pirates Of Caribbean and Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride ( I bounced up and down on the carpet ride and even though your buckled tightly in the ride I’m lightweight for my weight that it’s enough to kinda bounce off my seat alittle while my brother jostles the ride up and down)

We continue to ride rides where some of the day I have to much fun and I forget to remember all of the rides we rode. Saw holiday calvcades as time went on as well. By the time 11:45am rolls around my mom wants us to check in early to Liberty Tree Tavern to get good seating in the main area of the dining room and had the thanksgiving day dinner where it was good but not as good as a dads home cooked thanksgiving day dinner. Liberty Tree Tavern serves Turkey and pork and mash potatoes with turkey gravy and stuffing with green beans and cranberry sauce along with Mac and cheese family style. After eating all that I was so cold with air conditioning that I let my parents and brother eat the dessert while I sat outside soaking up Florida sun.

Shortly after that we walked back to grab the car and went back to our room at the yacht club resort and took a break til the heat dies down a little bit.

Reactions: DLo
Day 1 MK part 2
After our long break we head over to kimonos at the swan and dolphin hotel (technically the dolphin) and are sushi and 3 orders egg drop soup 1 miso soup with 3 orders chicken katsu.. yummy! That’s enough for 4 people to eat. After dinner we headed over to MK to ride BTMRR at night where it’s fun to ride in the dark and I bounce off of my seat and fly in the air for 1 second. After that we started to wait in line for splash but then started to go try the holiday treats around the park. My brother had the salted caramel milkshake (once upon a dream) from auntie galaxy’s in Tomorrowland while my mom and I got hers which was the chai tea pistachio float with the red velvet cake pop at Aloha Isle Refreshments in Adventureland (you can ask for the float to be without the chai tea if you don’t like cinnamon spice, the CM just gave us the pistachio dole whip and the cake pop but did still charge us for the whole price.) my mom and I went to Pinocchio Village Haus to get mine which was the Yuletide Wishes Log and we went inside and there wasn’t any CM’s at all nobody and it was weird which it was closed. I realized I made a mistake for all the research I did was my dad wanted something from last years holiday treat and I wasn’t aware they weren’t serving the holiday treats from last year. Before I left I watched last years YouTube video on the holiday treats and thinking it was going to be some of them in there but I was wrong. So in return I went with my dad to go to Aloha Isle Refreshments to get the same thing as my mom but with the chai tea In the float.

Shortly after that I tried to go to Main Street confectionary to get a treat since Pinocchio Village Haus was closed due to unknown reasons early? My family and I also rode splash mountain for the last time before the characters switched out to Princess and the Frog. Then we left for our yacht club room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter