Thanksgiving Plans?

We ordered Thanksgiving dinner from Cracker Barrel and will send part of it over to MIL and then DH and I will just stay home and enjoy dinner just the two of us like we usually do.

Just the four of us plus my MIL for dinner, who my wife has been helping take care of. We usually don't have a large gathering anyways. Usually between 8-12 people, depending on other's plans. This year we'll have our gathering smaller, obviously. My older son will be home from college a couple days before Thanksgiving, so we'll probably have to keep him at a little farther distance from my MIL, in case he brought anything home from school.

Thanksgiving will be my immediate family (wife and kids, all of whom still live at home) and I will drop off two plates at the parent's apartment.

Just my husband and I for Thanksgiving day, but our daughter and her boyfriend will be with us on Saturday for college football and dinner. We are thinking of a prime rib dinner with the usual sides of the Thanksgiving dinner. We have been told by our local grocer that turkeys are going to be hard to come by this year and since none of us are diehard turkey fans--like it, but won't miss it--we figured prime rib was a nice substitute. That's it--just the four of us. Christmas will probably look very similar. Our large family gatherings for both days were cancelled due to COVID.

It's only me so it will be just like any other day. I'll order a meal of some type that I'll have to heat up but it will be a solo event just like always.

I don't know yet. We usually go to my aunt's house and that's still a possibility. It's usually just her family and my parents and sister, so not too many people. Plus they've all been extra cautious because my 94 year old grandmother lives with my aunt.

I may need to travel for work the week before Thanksgiving, though, and then I wouldn't want to put my family at risk by going to Thanksgiving.

My dad died suddenly in May; we don't want to be home for Thanksgiving this year so we (mom, me, hubby, and our 3 year old) are going to Disney.

We will celebrate with our little family just like every other year. We are in the same bubble so we won't need masks or distancing.

This will be the first Thanksgiving in about 5 years that we have not left for vacation the day after. A little bittersweet, but this year has taught me just how much I like holing up in my house, so I am weirdly ok with it, ha! I would love to be on the coast somewhere, though. Next year...

I am looking forward to a long weekend of pjs, snacky food, football, and hanging with my boys and husband.

As far as T-day...I will be cooking. My husband is not comfortable with getting together with people yet, and I am respectful of that. Thanksgiving is the favorite holiday of both of ours, and I just want us to enjoy it. So, if it means I cook, that is totally fine :)

Doing a huge turkey, though, because I want leftovers - the one thing that never happens when we get together with his family.

We alternate Thanksgiving between my husbands family and my family and this year we are celebrating with my husbands family. My sister in law cooks, she does such a great job and I am so looking forward to the meal and our time together. There will be 14 of us, which is our normal number. We are together in one way shape or form everyday it seems (not all 14 of us but a mixture of everyone needing to see someone for something!) all the adults are essential workers with the exception of my mother in law and father in law who are retired. We have all been blessed with staying employed working full time during all of this and have stayed healthy. My parents, siblings and their spouses all had COVID last month and recovered well at home, but Mom says she’s on the fence about a big sit down meal so we will see what she decides. I hope everyone has a great Holiday no matter how you celebrate it!

Going to the in-law's house in Florida. It will just be us (myself, DH and DD) and the 2 of them.

My brother and SIL usually host Thanksgiving for our family and her extended family, but we will be passing on that and just doing a small dinner for our household. We miss seeing my nephews and stuff but because they are at college and then SIL's family is not in our bubble we think it's safer to skip. (everyone in my household hits one or more of the at risk factors including myself)

My cousin usually hosts Thanksgiving for part of my mom’s family and her husband’s family. We usually have about 12 for dinner and 16-18 for dessert. We decided ages ago that it wasn’t happening. I’ll have dinner with just my parents at their house as we are bubbled together and the only people we see indoors. Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice-ish day that might allow for some of our usual crew to meet up for a walk through the woods after dinner or dessert outside at my cousin’s as she has a couple of propane heaters and a fire pit. Thanksgiving here in MA can be any kind of weather from sunny and 50s to snow so we’ll see. If the weather is not great we’ll probably do a dessert Zoom.

Just DW and me due to distancing. For years DW has wanted to buy a pre-cooked meal from a local grocery and I think this is the year. I usually go all out but with just 2 of us, we probably won't.

I'm just looking at it like (hopefully) this is a one-year glitch and we're back to our normal Thanksgiving next year.

Same as always. About 15 people. Everyone is family we have been seeing regularly since May.

We are supposed to go to the in-laws along with my SIL and her partner. I sort of want to bail and order the ready to heat meal from Cracker Barrel.

Our family has agreed to NOT gather for Thanksgiving this year. We all view covid about the same way and the idea of traveling from out of state to gather with many other people is something we are not comfortable doing this year.

We normally have dinner for eleven at my house for Thanksgiving but I have cancelled it for this year. It will be just me, dh, and our furbaby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter