Thanksgiving Restaurant...HELP PLEASE

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
My mom and my family of 4 (children 10 & 6) will be at WDW during Thanksgiving week. We have been many times before but never experienced the trip during Thanksgiving. It will be my moms first Thanksgiving without her husband who just passed away last week :( We would like to go to a nice restaurant maybe one without the characters...something special.
Can anyone please recommend a great place to go. Thank you VERY much. :):wave:

I've never been for Thanksgiving, but I imagine the food and the atmosphere at Liberty Tree Tavern would be perfect. I know they've got some character meals, but I think lunch might be character free? Hopefully someone can come along and clarify.

If you're not looking for a Thanksgiving theme, some other good bets might be Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot, Cape May Clambake at Beach Club, or Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

LTT does have characters for dinner.

But here are some places we have eaten for the holiday. They will all have the turkey dinner as the special of the evening.

Yachtsmans St (the best service & food), Boatwrights, Brown Derby, Artist Point, Flying Fish

Thank you very much.
I was thinking last night that we will either be at our hotel (probably the WL) or Epcot. So I guess I would choose from those places. If I'm at Epcot, I'm not sure I want to go back to MK just for dinner. I guess Epcot, WL or DTD. Decisions...decisions... :) Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you all so much :)

We had a great Thanksgiving meal at the California Grill this year.

If you're at the Wilderness Lodge, Artist Point will be a good choice.

We stayed at WL for this past Thanksgiving! We also did Epcot on Thanksgiving Day! Both great choices!

I would do Whispering Canyon (at WL)
or the Garden Grill (characters) at Epcot
Either would be wonderful!

California Grill is wonderful and a nice boat ride away from WL. You could also take a monrail spin before or after dinner to visit the other monorail resorts and enjoy their Christmas decorations.

Artist Point is another wonderful choice. No characters and quiet atmosphere.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe two years in a row. It was really nice.

We stayed at the WL for Thanksgiving 2002. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Narcoosee's and watched the MK fireworks as we ate our dessert. It was just wonderful.

--penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter