Thanksgiving Weekend Trip Report

danjoan14

Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley
We returned home Monday night after our Thanksgiving Weekend trip to the Magic. We had a rough time flying out the Wednesday before due to weather conditions. Our flight time in the evening changed 4 times. We finally checked into our resort at midnight.

We spent Thanksgiving at HS. Ate dinner at PT and enjoyed the Osbourne Lights. It's an amazing display of lights! HS was not as crowed as I thought it would be. The park was very manageable. Had no problem getting on the rides with our FassPass+. It was nice to be able to walk right on Toy Story Mania and not have to wait 90 minutes.

Friday was an off day that we decided to shop at Downtown Disney. Huge mistake. I read about the construction. It was a total nightmare. It took us over an hour just to drive down the street of Downtown Disney to get to a parking spot. DS loves Downtown Disney, but was really frustrated with all of the traffic and construction. It was fine once we were able to get to the stores.

Saturday was spent at EP and then hopped over to the MK at night. Again, used out FassPass+ to get on the rides. Soarin' was a 120 minute wait. Tried to get more passes when our three were used at 1 PM, and none of the good rides were available. This is when it gets frustrating. Thank goodness the single line for Test Track was only a 20 minute wait in the evening. Ate dinner at Via Napoli. We love that restaurant. Had such a wonderful waitress named Elisa who was so pleasant. She spent a lot of time talking with us. The World Showcase was mobbed with people after dinner. We had to get out of that area due to so many people. Later in the evening we hopped over to the MK for a few hours.

Sunday was another good day of warm weather as we enjoyed MVMCP. Got to the park at 4 pm to take advantage of our three FastPass+ on Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and the 7DMT. It was great to be able to walk right on with little or no wait. Ate dinner at Tony's Town Square, and then enjoyed the night at the Christmas Party. The CM's made sure no one could get into the stores or on the rides without a bracelet. After the first parade, the crowd really thinned. We had no problems getting on the rides. With all of the stage shows, Main Street was quite crowded. Beautiful fireworks display and really loved the parade. We stayed to when the park closed at midnight. Had no problem getting out of the park at all.

And then, like everyone, the depression hits on Monday when checking out and traveling home. But we did stop at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian to check out the Christmas decorations. So it was nice to extend some of the Magic.

It was tough leaving the warm weather and coming back to the cold. I was freezing with temps in the 30's putting up my outside Christmas decorations on Tuesday. It's really tough trying to get motivated after such a wonderful magical trip. I don't know why, but I think it gets tougher and tougher every year when we have to leave. DS had a really hard time going back to school. The good news is that we're going in August 2015 to stay at the Polynesian. Like everyone says, the best depression medicine after leaving the Magic is to book another trip right away. Let the countdown begin! :hourglass :woohoo:

Glad to hear Thanksgiving wasn't as crowded as you thought! I really want to go sometime for Thanksgiving.

I agree about the DD construction, when we were there in June- I was so frustrated.

Disney depression is the worst! Especially when you have to come back to cold!! But like you said, booking a trip is a good cure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter