Thanksgiving

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I know Liberty Tree Tavern serves a traditional Thanksgiving meal and other restaurants offer some Thanksgiving dishes. It's been 4 years since we were there at that time. Any meals you'd recommend or say to stay away from. People traveling want traditional turkey day food. I'm a little hesitant of MK because isn't that the busiest park on Thanksgiving?

We've done California Grill and loved it, but its not traditional thanksgiving. If that is what they are looking for, I think LTT will be hard to beat.

We did Akershus one year for Thanksgiving dinner. The traditional American Thanksgiving meal was offered, with the added bonus of getting the regular Akershus cold bar servings as a first course. And Epcot was extremely tolerable crowd wise. This past year we did BOG for lunch, they did not have a special menu (but of course there is a turkey option already) and Ohana for dinner because we decided to go without traditional. We stayed in MK until around 1 and by then it was getting super crowded but the morning was tolerable. We went to Earl of Sandwich the next day and has their amazing turkey/stuffing/cranberry/gravy sandwich.

We will be there Thanksgiving this year. We decided to skip MK on that day. We will go to MK two other times that week. We decided to go to EPCOT and have Garden Grill for lunch for my son and so everyone can have turkey and stuffing.We will do Artist Point or another signature for dinner and stay out of the parks that evening lol..

I didn't think MK was bad on Thanksgiving (2017). We had lunch at Cinderella's royal table. The Sunday before Thanksgiving felt busier. Maybe because the weather was so dreary, but I really can't imagine that weather has that much impact on a holiday at WDW.

Liberty Tree is nice. I wasn't that impressed by the turkey dinner, but I last had it in 2011. It would feel like a traditional Thanksgiving, that is for sure.

We did Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving dinner last year. It was very good and felt "Thanksgiving-ish," but I did think MK was too crowded. I'd like to try Artist Point this year maybe, it seems to have something of an Autumn vibe, for Florida at least. One year we messed up our ADRs and ended up eating at the End Zone food court at the All Star Sports. It was surprisingly delicious and not very busy at all. I'd definitely do a food court Thanksgiving again!

We were there last Thanksgiving and had a less than desirable meal at Trails End (usually love this place.) However, the special Thanksgiving bowl at Satu'li Canteen was one of the best Thanksgiving meals I've ever had. It was so good my daughter ate most of mine and we had to go back and get a second! I don't know if this will become a yearly Thanksgiving special menu item for Satu'li Canteen, but if so, it'll be my go-to for Thanksgiving.

We were there last Thanksgiving and had a less than desirable meal at Trails End (usually love this place.) However, the special Thanksgiving bowl at Satu'li Canteen was one of the best Thanksgiving meals I've ever had. It was so good my daughter ate most of mine and we had to go back and get a second! I don't know if this will become a yearly Thanksgiving special menu item for Satu'li Canteen, but if so, it'll be my go-to for Thanksgiving.
What was in the Satuli Thanksgiving bowl?

We did Boma one year and Garden Grove the other. Both were fantastic and Garden Grove had characters - absolutely awesome!

We had thanksgiving dinner at Be Our Guest (2016) and they had their regular menu plus special thanksgiving meals. It wasn’t like home made, but everyone was happy.
I found the park to be very crowded that day.

Does anybody know if the restaurants raise their prices on Thanksgiving? Also, is there a cost difference between lunch and dinner at Garden Grill and Tusker House?

Does anybody know if the restaurants raise their prices on Thanksgiving? Also, is there a cost difference between lunch and dinner at Garden Grill and Tusker House?
Some restaurants change prices according to how busy it is like HDDR so you need to check specific menus to know if ones you are interested in do this.
I've never checked the menu pricing for either of those menus so I'd check allears.net or MDE.

Jumping on your thread! I have to make an ADR for Thanksgiving very soon! We are staying at BLT. Does anyone have any experience with The Wave for Thanksgiving? 3 out of 4 of us are Vegetarians, and I was thinking this would be a good choice. I think they have offered a buffet in the past.

I ate at the Garden Grove on Thanksgiving last year and really enjoyed it. They had characters and a full buffet of normal food as well as traditional Thanksgiving food. My Fiance was really doubtful when I planned a trip for Thanksgiving there because he wanted a traditional meal and this place really delivered I'd go back for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter