WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Today over on DCL Fan, one of our writers shared some tips for folks who are still not sure about cruising on the Disney Wish.

Most importantly, people need to be able to form their own opinions on things and while listening to and reading the reviews of others can be helpful, we are all different and we like different things. Just because some folks aren't embracing the Disney Wish doesn't mean that you won't.

Head over to the article and give it a read. Share your thoughts here in the article's comments section!

That’s Not My Dream; Embracing a New Disney Ship

This was good to read! We are on the Aug 12th 3-Day and I had to stop reading reviews. It will still be a challenge not to compare but going to try my best. We have a first time cruiser with us (our son's girlfriend), who has nothing to compare it to, so for her sake, I will do my best to just be in the moment!

I'm not a cruiser at all. We've come close to a Disney cruise a couple of times, but it was the inability to get a flight last minute that stopped us. I have to admit that if we do ever do a Disney cruise, I will avoid the Wish as the knocks against it are exactly the types of things that would annoy me. If they forthcoming ships have the same issues with poor layout, tiny pools and other tiny spaces, I'll avoid those as well.

Great point of view. I have seen all the negative reviews and nit picking and as detroitdad said I had to stop reading them. In many cases the negative comments are coming from people who have not even been on the wish yet and have decided that they are not going to go. I thought it interesting that some of the travel magazines had good reviews regarding the Wish. As the article implies I will reserve all judgement until our cruise in a couple of months and take the negative reviews with a grain of salt until I can experience the ship for myself.

I can’t understand the nit picking. The ship looks beautiful and different. I can’t wait for my late September cruise on the Wish. Just like all the DVC resorts and WDW hotels are different, why can’t the cruise ships all have their own uniqueness. 😎👍🏻🚢💫✨

We are on now and we have our second cruise starting tomorrow.

We like the look of the new ship. Is it different from the others? Yes. But it is very elegant and clean. The elevators take a little getting used to but overall we have enjoyed the experience.

Palo brunch was great. We would do it every time.

Our DD loved some of the new things in Oceaneers club.

If you want to play bingo, get there way early. They sold out of the electronic games and the venue gets completely full.

BBB was very similar to the other ships and our DD loved the experience as usual.

Arrendelle show and dinner was the best. Entertaining for kids and adults. The food wasn’t bad either.

We liked the smaller pools and found chip and dale to be the best for us. Nice and quiet and a little larger than some of the others. We used to hate when an accident would shut one of the two pools down for 4 hours while they drained and sanitized it. Now they have lots of other options if this happens.

Concierge service was very nice but you can tell the added staterooms are more than 4 hosts can handle with personalized service that we have become used to. There are just so many people they are always dealing with.

Hyperspace lounge we felt was over hyped. It is small, service was slow and the drinks did not taste well to our group. We would have been happier with traditional drinks and not the Star Wars drinks. I would recommend going during the open house and take photos and check it out. Then go buy a drink somewhere else. Lots of other bars on the ship.

Princess gathering was still distanced which is disappointing. Eventually this will get corrected.

Overall we enjoyed the cruise. You can tell there are lots of new crew members and they are working on getting the customer service up to the level of the others ships. It’s not there yet but it will get there.

Hope some of this helps.

We are on now and we have our second cruise starting tomorrow.

We like the look of the new ship. Is it different from the others? Yes. But it is very elegant and clean. The elevators take a little getting used to but overall we have enjoyed the experience.

Palo brunch was great. We would do it every time.

Our DD loved some of the new things in Oceaneers club.

If you want to play bingo, get there way early. They sold out of the electronic games and the venue gets completely full.

BBB was very similar to the other ships and our DD loved the experience as usual.

Arrendelle show and dinner was the best. Entertaining for kids and adults. The food wasn’t bad either.

We liked the smaller pools and found chip and dale to be the best for us. Nice and quiet and a little larger than some of the others. We used to hate when an accident would shut one of the two pools down for 4 hours while they drained and sanitized it. Now they have lots of other options if this happens.

Concierge service was very nice but you can tell the added staterooms are more than 4 hosts can handle with personalized service that we have become used to. There are just so many people they are always dealing with.

Hyperspace lounge we felt was over hyped. It is small, service was slow and the drinks did not taste well to our group. We would have been happier with traditional drinks and not the Star Wars drinks. I would recommend going during the open house and take photos and check it out. Then go buy a drink somewhere else. Lots of other bars on the ship.

Princess gathering was still distanced which is disappointing. Eventually this will get corrected.

Overall we enjoyed the cruise. You can tell there are lots of new crew members and they are working on getting the customer service up to the level of the others ships. It’s not there yet but it will get there.

Hope some of this helps.

Was Palo brunch the same menu as on the other ships?

Was Palo brunch the same menu as on the other ships?
It looks the same to me. Well, plus sticky buns.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/palo-steakhouse-menu/

As I look at it, there are some minor differences between that brunch menu and the other one. The new one has vanilla gelato with the raspberry chocolate crunch tart, some other desserts are a bit different, there's wild mushroom ravioli instead of artichoke ravioli, no pennette pasta, and no eggs benedict. There might be other minor changes.

The menu for the other ships might change to match the new one, though. They don't seem different enough to bother keeping both around.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter