that evening dress

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Ok Now I have a problem- Good news I lost 31 pounds since last cruise last year... bad news I can't find a nice new formal dress.
up here in MA it is cold and those nice strappy gowns are long gone,. anyone know any websites where I could look for a new one? I only have 41 days..help!

way to go Ann!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

sorry I dont have an answer to your dilemma - wish it was mine though

Ann,
Try doing a search on "formal gowns". Or try some of the department stores online websites.
JcPenney, Kohl's, Dillards, Lord and Taylor, Saks.
All of them have formal gowns for you to order via web.
We have a really nice mall not too far and I went into Lord and taylor's and found a beautiful black gown and strappy sandals...and they were on sale!:) BTW, I just got them last weekend.

HTH
Lisa

well thanks for the support... now I just need to find what to wear so it is noticeable.. I went from a 22/24 to a 14/16!
Of course I am still trying to lose more but moving into "real people sizes" was the best thing ever!

I purchased a lovely beaded gown for formal night on Ebay. $50. It was under $30 until I got in a bidding war with someone. Luckily I one and the dress was perfect!

Ann ~
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! :)
I was at the mall today and they were putting out their formal Christmas/New Yrs Eve gowns w/all kinds of sparkles, etc.

If you aren't using DCL transfers, the Florida Mall is not far from the airport and has several department stores that might have something for you. Since it is FL, even though the colors of the dresses are more autumn/winter, the styles are appropriate for the cruise weather. I know Dillards & Burdines have lots of things to choose from.

If you have time to go a bit further afield, I know there is a dress shop in Belz Outlet Mall #1 that has formal dresses/gowns.

The only other thing that might work is maybe a David's Bridals since bridesmaid dresses are usually a season or two ahead of the real stores.

Congratulations on your weight-loss success and good luck finding a dress!

Not a formal, but the same delima with summery clothes being taken away. I went hunting for linen shorts yesterday....not a pair of shorts in 2 towns! I'll wait until we get to St. Martin, I guess. Surely they aren't selling leather jackets and suede skirts, even in November!

I checked out victorias secret dave, thanks for the link, I did not see what I have imagined in my mind ( a dress i may never find) I guess I will have to keep looking. :(
We went to the mall yesterday and all the stuff looked like prom dresses to me, or brides maids ones. I hope they put out some new stuff soon. It is wild to be shopping the the regular departments now. Not that I minded being pooh sized it is just hard to realize tht I am not not anymore.

I was at the Burlington Mall yesterday and both Lord & Taylor and Filenes there had a better selection of formals than I can find here in So. NH where I agree, the dresses either look like prom gowns or old lady attire. I know it's a haul for you to get up to Burlington, but it may be worth a try?

Ebay is also pretty good. If you look under Bridal, you'll find some nice formals.

my fear with ebay would be what if it did not fit good or look right, who would you return it to? I don't think you could.

Try chadwicks.com or spiegel.com. They have a variety of styles and sizes. I have purchased from both and I was pleased with the quality and fit for the price. Also, if I am in doubt about the right size I order 2 different sizes and then keep the one that fits the best. It saves time than to have to return and wait for the next size to arrive.
PS. I also bought shorts from spiegel.com in late Sept. even though their summer catalogue expired. Saved me the mad rush to find some when I arrive in Fla. in Dec. :D

Some of the sellers offer a return policy on clothes. But if it were me, I'd order one size up since you can always have things taken in but taken out is a little more difficult....;)

The other thing is, you could always re-sell it if you hated it.

Congratulations Ann!!! :Pinkbounc

I know how hard it can be! I've been working with a personal trainer for about 8 months now and along with dieting have managed to reduce down a size or two! I'm about 5 pounds away from where I want to be. I'm in the same boat - looking for a nice evening dress. My girlfriends and I are going on a big shopping expedition next week so maybe I will luck out and find something!

I did find an online sight called bluefly.com that I'm just now checking out. It looks like it will be well over my price range - but it doesn't hurt to look!

Sears at the Burlington Mall(and I would assume others too) has some nice formal/semiformal gowns(strapless, spaghetti straps, etc...). I actually noticed some there last week. With the holidays coming up there shouldnt be any shortage of glitzy dresses around.
Good luck & congrats on the weight loss.

So Dave, how is it you know all about Victoria's Secret at 2 in the morning....just research????

I looked at bluefly.com and did see quite a few dresses I really liked. the vera wang red dress was a lot like what I had in my head -except I was thinking black. But my husband would have a complete coronary if I spent $1229.00 on a dress. I was willing to spend up to like 165.00. I would rather keep it around 100.00 as I am sure that by the next cruise this one too will be too big (if things keep going the way they are- I tell you walking four miles a day makes a HUGE difference!)

Oh - I liked that Vera Wang dress too! But my budget is the same as yours! I think my DH would be just a little concerned about my mental health if I spent that kind of money on a dress I'll only wear once or twice!

I just looked there and spiegle.. some possibilities there. I am concerned about the ability to get a good fit via a catalog with so little time left though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter