That Foo's Boo Is Incredible!!! - Jan 14 TR *THE END 7/19 Pg. 51*

I am still having mixed feelings on the talking Mickey. I am going to try and enjoy it and hope it's not awkward. Glad to hear you all enjoyed it.

The cake cups look awesome. They just went on our to do list for our next trip. We will definitely be stopping there. Can't wait for more!

Absolutely loving your trip report!!! Your outfits and matching make-up are "tots adorable" as my 6 year old would say. Your writing style is hilarious and I hope someday my kids will still go to Disney and be silly crazy with me! I'm so excited to read about the rest of your trip.

DANNY DEVITO I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!

But seriously, so excited for the shenangins that will ensue in May & Nov! I feel like you and I will be able to uphold an entire conversation in entirely in movie quotes!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE 24HR EVENT!! I do love the idea of Madam Medusa, and OF COURSE I LOVE THE IDEA OF 2 DIFFERENT LOOKS!! Seriously, the more costumes the better! Hmm….you are more than welcome to join in on our Tangled theme for the evening if you want to!! Will your parentals be coming for the event too??

Also I definitely have thought about that for the hot topic stuff, but with the style of the tank tops I have no idea if they’d look good, or what size I’d want. …..wait….as I’m typing this I just had a moment of “didn’t I try on Amanda’s?” I think I did to see if I was the same size of her, and it worked…hmm… #derp

LOVE LOVE LOVE talking Mickey, I may have almost cried the first time, it was just insanely surreal that he could actually TALK to us, it’s insane!

Love Scuttle! Ugh, now I want to watch little mermaid!

THOSE CAKE CUPS ARE THE GREATEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD

Seriously, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the chocolate one, but we LOVED the vanilla one!! Yeti too! Lol.

Can’t wait to read more!

Yes the Parentals will also be going to the event. Not sure yet about the outfits. Hope to Narrow it down soon.

How exciting that you got to meet Talking Mickey!!! I wouldn’t have known what to say either! :laughing:

Oh, that was a great nighttime castle shot that you got.

Whoa! I have never seen the cake cups before - I bet DD would LOVE them!

That’s so awesome that the 24-hour event will be while you are there! :woohoo: I can’t wait for that TR!!!!

After a brief hiatus, I am back and all caught up!

Seriously, Ohana is amazing. I love love love it there! Although we usually skip the meat and just keep ordering the pot stickers and wings! And I'm dying to try a Lapu Lapu but I can't ever seem to tear myself away from the Pina Colava. Maybe next time I'll just get both. I mean, it's vacation right?!

Dude I make fun of Duck Face alllllll the time! And my youngest cousin (she'll be 21 next week), does it like every picture so I pick on her constantly. I never thought to actually take pictures of myself making fun of Duck Face. I think I need to start doing this. We could start a whole "Duck Face at Disney" thread! :rotfl2:

Is it sad that I was convinced to try the Cake Cup simply because there was a little Cheshire Cat thingy on it (which I'm assuming is edible)? And then you said it was amazing and now I know we'll be getting one next time we go. Assuming they're still actually THERE next time we go ;)

Ahhhh! So jealous that you get to do the 24 hour party! Also very excited for you! I'm not sure what character I might suggest for you, I only know I'd have to be Wendy. Obviously. :)
Talking Mickey! I have to admit I'm nervous to meet him, I'd get really awkward and start asking questions he couldn't answer or something. Love your pics with he Main Mouse!
I also recite the stretching room spiel, you're not alone!
Cake cups, eh? Can't say I've ever heard of those, but now that I have, I must never forget and get a vanilla one as soon as possible. Yum!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Funfetti cake cups?! That sounds amazing! And sometimes snacks taste even better when you're back in the comfort of your own room.::yes::

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go through the entire spewl in the stretching room at HM, too. It's the best part of the attraction, in my opinion. The looks you get at, "Of course, there's always MY way!" :rotfl2:

Your dad with Talking Mickey is priceless. He seemed not in the least freaked out by the fact that Mickey was holding a conversation with you guys. :rotfl:

I can hear the water flowing at Poly when I see those pictures. That inside huge fountain is going to come down. Although I do love it, and it is a big part of the atmosphere of that lobby, I imagine they will put maybe a smaller fountain inside and some more nice seating areas. It will be different, but I hope they will do it justice and make something really nice in the 'new' lobby.

We love 'Ohana. We mostly go for dinner, but we've done breakfast, as well. Our 'menfolk' love the meat skewers. It may be sinful how much meat they eat in one sitting. :crazy2: I could fill up on the noodles and broccoli alone. And the bread pudding? Oh my goodness - so, so good!

I almost don't want to say anything because I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but I'm working so hard to be able to go to the 24 hour event. Just waiting to hear from my CM friend about hotels, so hopefully I'll have it figured out one way or another by Friday. SO excited you get to go, though!

TALKING MICKEY!!! Oh my gosh, I love it SO much. Your family looks so adorable meeting him!

I go to the Tangled bathrooms even when they're not the most convenient. They're just so fun!

Popadon rocks the antlers look.

I was leaning toward trying the vanilla cake cup so I'm glad to hear how amazing it was!

I see those cupcake cups every time I go and think I need to get one, okay maybe I don't need it but definately want one!

So excited you will be here for the 24 hours at Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping I can convince some people to go with me, so far most look at me like i'm nuts. Definately will be taking an extra outfit......End of May+Florida heat and humitity=one nasty mess after 24 hours!

Question about talking Mickey, do his eyes move?

Great pictures in front of the castle and your dad is such a good sport with the hat, very cute!

Back a little to Ohana...SERIOUSLY?!?!? You go 500 times a year and it was your first time!?!?!?!:faint: Keith actually just got introduced to you because he saw the Ohana sign and had to read...he loves Ohana! He had even mentioned catching a flight for the day...today! Just to eat there and "run" over to Epcot! :lmao: I am trying to entice him to a Food and Wine trip in September or October. The first time we ate there my steak was well done and that was my one complaint. But then I found out I could ask for medium rare (my preference) and it is all good now!!

Oh the foreshadowing....the turn my TR is about to take as well. When you were there I kept remembering back. :(

Oh, and (sorry if you already answered, I didn't read all of the comments) what do you think of the total revamp of the lobby at the Poly?

Finally...jealous of you getting in the 24 hours at MK! I looked at just me and Madison making a run down for it, but she will be at the beach for her senior trip then we think...so I am hoping they'll do it again!

I know! I've been so many times, yet never eaten at Ohana for dinner. I think what happens is that we get stuck in ruts and eat at the same places. I'm really glad that we made the point to eat there this time.

Haha, so Keith was introduced to my antics? Hopefully he doesn't get frightened away. :lmao:

That would have been so fun if you and Madison would have been able to make it! I wasn't expecting it to be done again, so maybe they'll do it next year.

I love that commercial! "hahaha My foot is smoooooshed in a cupcake!".

I wanted one of those Cupcake cups so badly in October!!! I had read the reviews on the Disney Food Blog, and was so ready! I believe the ratio of icing to cake in a normal cupcake should be reversed and the cups seem to look just right. When I went to get the cupcake cup, the CM said they were out of them as there was something wrong with the oven or something that day. I was like "but..but....I read about them on the internet!!!". He was like, "our cupcakes are on the internet? That's weird." He did not seem to grasp the atrocity that had befallen upon me. I plan on trying again in May!!

My BFF introduced me to that commercial and we laugh about it all the time!

Oh, you definitely have to get one of those cupcakes on your next trip. The ratio of cake to icing is PERFECT! I would have cried if they told me I couldn't get it. I thought for a moment that they were out of them, but thankfully they weren't.

DANNY DEVITO I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!

Hahaha! Man, I need to watch that again.

But seriously, so excited for the shenangins that will ensue in May & Nov! I feel like you and I will be able to uphold an entire conversation in entirely in movie quotes!!

It's going to be awesome! People get so annoyed with my brother and I because we basically talk in non-stop movie quotes.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE 24HR EVENT!! I do love the idea of Madam Medusa, and OF COURSE I LOVE THE IDEA OF 2 DIFFERENT LOOKS!! Seriously, the more costumes the better! Hmm….you are more than welcome to join in on our Tangled theme for the evening if you want to!! Will your parentals be coming for the event too??

I'm tossed up with what to do! :lmao:

The P's are definitely coming for the event. Mom is going to do a disbound in the AM and then wants to get a costume for the PM. They're pretty excited. Well, Mom is. Pop just goes with the flow.

Also I definitely have thought about that for the hot topic stuff, but with the style of the tank tops I have no idea if they’d look good, or what size I’d want. …..wait….as I’m typing this I just had a moment of “didn’t I try on Amanda’s?” I think I did to see if I was the same size of her, and it worked…hmm… #derp

It is hard. I'm totally in between sizes right now, so I just ordered and now know what to get from them.

LOVE LOVE LOVE talking Mickey, I may have almost cried the first time, it was just insanely surreal that he could actually TALK to us, it’s insane!

Love Scuttle! Ugh, now I want to watch little mermaid!

THOSE CAKE CUPS ARE THE GREATEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD

Seriously, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the chocolate one, but we LOVED the vanilla one!! Yeti too! Lol.

Can’t wait to read more!

It was absolutely so surreal to have him talk! Like "shut up!"

I'm sure the cake cups are an amazing breakfast. The vanilla one was just perfection. I want it now!

Of course Yeti wants to be an accountant! :rotfl2:

Love the pictures of you all with talking Mickey...everyone looks so happy/emotional. :thumbsup2

I can't believe I missed out on the Tangled bathrooms. Thank goodness there are people like you who go in with cameras ready to document it for me!

Wow, you managed to talk about a food place and item that I didn't know existed. I had to look it up on the Disney Food Blog after reading your update. Looks good, but those flavors aren't my favorite. If they had a chocolate peanut butter one, though, I'd be all over that!

Nice Photopass pictures in front of the castle!

I know right! He takes after me.

It's so easy to miss the Cheshire Cafe. Truthfully, I don't even remember what it as called before that! Oh, wait, as I was typing this, I remember it was Enchanted Grove. LOL. Believe me, that vanilla isn't my favorite flavor either, but it blew my mind!

I don't mind talking Mickey other than the fact that he wanted our group to pretend to be pirates and I was in a princess mood but ok! Those were great photos of the meet. You don't look like a goob! :p

Seriously, where better to pee in WDW than those Tangled restrooms. That little hand mirror affixed to the wall is a hilarious touch.

Your Wendy/Peter/Tink joke is :rotfl2: and :lmao: that was great!

That vanilla funfetti cupcake looks like a real treat. The character image on the candy disc is perfect.

Talking Mickey is pretty awesome. I can't wait until they really put the magic bands to use and he starts calling you by name.

They are the best bathrooms ever! I would go out of my way to go to the bathroom in them.

That CM cracked me up! She was awesome.

Those cake cups are perfect. However, the disc is fondant, so it was like "blech". :rotfl2:

I've never heard of Cheshire Cafe or cake cups. :confused3 They look good, though. They kind of look like the strawberry shortcake dessert at Cape May Cafe, which is totally awesome. :cloud9:

We saw a water artist for the first time on our last trip. He was over by the Plaza Restaurant. It is a nice touch.

It's by the teacups, across the way from Cosmic Rays. Tiny little place, it's easy to miss. They're super yummy though!

OMG I NEED one of the vanilla cake cups they look so delicious and I can't believe they're a snack credit :thumbsup2

I'm so undecided about talking Mickey, it looks like you had fun :)

They're incredible!!! One of the best treats I've had.

He's a lot of fun. I like the novelty of it.

Oh man, while I'm so very excited for you (and Katt, and others) to be attending the 24 party, I am also SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!!!!

Haha, yes, what better way to walk off all that food then by getting on the monorail??? :laughing: Sorry, that just made me giggle.

What a difference in the wait time for Mickey now that the Princesses moved. Still not huge, but much higher than it used to be when they were right there too. But it actually makes me happy to see the big man getting some more love.

Oh man, there is still nothing better than getting a hug from Mickey... except getting a hug from TALKING MICKEY!!!!! I know it's all pre-recorded now, but just wait until the Magic Bands kick in and he'll call you BY NAME!!!! It's coming... :hyper:

Seriously, I want to be a water artist.

I agree, it's all just Fantasyland now.

Awwwww, Rob. You could always come along. :rolleyes1

Didn't you know that the monorail has magical digestive qualities?!

The wait was definitely longer for Mickey than I'd seen before. It was a holiday weekend too though, so I think it was a bit more crowded.

I can't wait for the MB's to kick in with talking Mickey too!

I would have freaked out over talking mickey! I'd probably be so awed that it would just come off as completely awkward hahahahaha
And That Funfetti cupcake is on my must-eat list for my next trip! I've been eyeing it for a while.

I did come off as completely awkward. It was pretty funny.

Oh, you will enjoy that cake cup immensely.

I would be a complete mess with talking Mickey, oh gracious.

Wait wait wait, the vanilla one is better? Oh, this is a game changer. :eek:

I was pretty awkward, I have to admit. :rotfl2:

Girl, yes! And I'm a chocolate girl through and through!

I debated quite a bit whether to take the kids to see Talking Mickey but in the end didn't. I really wasn't sure how the kids would react to it since they had gotten so accustomed to the furry characters at Disney not talking. And once they hear Mickey talk, wouldn't they ask me why the other characters don't? ;)

We walked through the standby queue for the Ariel's ride for the very first time last month and got to briefly enjoy Scuttle and his blue crab's scavenger hunt game along the queue. Thought that was very cute.

It could be a bit of a shocker for younger kids to know Mickey as not talking and then see him as talking. I think they could definitely get thrown off. And if I was little, I would totally have been the kid that asked why the other characters didn't talk!

I like the interactive queue bits. We played the interactive game with the kids in July too.

Mark me down as one of those people who have never even heard of a cupcake cup! I have now, so I will have to get one to eat on my next trip!

Your dad in that hat is a riot! What a great hat; what store is that in? The Belle one? I admit I haven't explored new Fantasyland very thoroughly!

How exciting that you guys get to meet up for the 24 hour thing! I would so be on it if I wasn't going earlier in the month already!

The Tangled bathrooms are so well done. I can't wait to see them again! Isn't that a weird statement - can't wait to see a bathroom again!? Oh well. :scratchin

I seem to be introducing everyone to the cake cup! I think this indicates that I'm on the Disney Food Blog too much......:laughing:

That hat was in the Belle store. It was too funny. He's game for all that stuff.

I'm super excited for the 24 hour day!

I am still having mixed feelings on the talking Mickey. I am going to try and enjoy it and hope it's not awkward. Glad to hear you all enjoyed it.

The cake cups look awesome. They just went on our to do list for our next trip. We will definitely be stopping there. Can't wait for more!

It shouldn't be too awkward. I'm just always awkward with characters. :rotfl2:

They are on my to do list for next trip too.

Absolutely loving your trip report!!! Your outfits and matching make-up are "tots adorable" as my 6 year old would say. Your writing style is hilarious and I hope someday my kids will still go to Disney and be silly crazy with me! I'm so excited to read about the rest of your trip.

Awww, thanks!

I'm lucky to have parents like I do. I love going with them and we love having a good time together.

Yes the Parentals will also be going to the event. Not sure yet about the outfits. Hope to Narrow it down soon.

Gotta get crackin'!

How exciting that you got to meet Talking Mickey!!! I wouldn’t have known what to say either! :laughing:

Oh, that was a great nighttime castle shot that you got.

Whoa! I have never seen the cake cups before - I bet DD would LOVE them!

That’s so awesome that the 24-hour event will be while you are there! :woohoo: I can’t wait for that TR!!!!

I was a doofus and completely at a loss. :rotfl2:

Those cake cups are amazing! I'm drooling now.

I'm so excited about the 24 hour event! They never have good limited time stuff when I'm there normally!

After a brief hiatus, I am back and all caught up!

Seriously, Ohana is amazing. I love love love it there! Although we usually skip the meat and just keep ordering the pot stickers and wings! And I'm dying to try a Lapu Lapu but I can't ever seem to tear myself away from the Pina Colava. Maybe next time I'll just get both. I mean, it's vacation right?!

Dude I make fun of Duck Face alllllll the time! And my youngest cousin (she'll be 21 next week), does it like every picture so I pick on her constantly. I never thought to actually take pictures of myself making fun of Duck Face. I think I need to start doing this. We could start a whole "Duck Face at Disney" thread! :rotfl2:

Is it sad that I was convinced to try the Cake Cup simply because there was a little Cheshire Cat thingy on it (which I'm assuming is edible)? And then you said it was amazing and now I know we'll be getting one next time we go. Assuming they're still actually THERE next time we go ;)

You could totally just order the pot stickers and wings at Ohana! The wings were outstanding.

It is vacation! Do it....get both drinks next time.

Duck face in Disney! I'm doing it! It'll become an instagram hashtag. I will it to be!

The disc is edible, but it's fondant. So it really doesn't taste great. Unless you enjoy fondant. :lmao:

Ahhhh! So jealous that you get to do the 24 hour party! Also very excited for you! I'm not sure what character I might suggest for you, I only know I'd have to be Wendy. Obviously. :)
Talking Mickey! I have to admit I'm nervous to meet him, I'd get really awkward and start asking questions he couldn't answer or something. Love your pics with he Main Mouse!
I also recite the stretching room spiel, you're not alone!
Cake cups, eh? Can't say I've ever heard of those, but now that I have, I must never forget and get a vanilla one as soon as possible. Yum!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm so thrilled! I'm actually going to be there for something totally awesome.

I get awkward too. It was a lot of fun though, I'm super glad that I did it.

You must get the cake cup. So so so good.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Aaaaaah, 24 hour party!!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!

I can't wait! It's going to be crazy to write about!

Funfetti cake cups?! That sounds amazing! And sometimes snacks taste even better when you're back in the comfort of your own room.::yes::

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go through the entire spewl in the stretching room at HM, too. It's the best part of the attraction, in my opinion. The looks you get at, "Of course, there's always MY way!" :rotfl2:

Your dad with Talking Mickey is priceless. He seemed not in the least freaked out by the fact that Mickey was holding a conversation with you guys. :rotfl:

So so so good. Mmmmmm. They are delectable.

Oh no, you're not the only one. I recite the spiel all the time.

His pictures were totally priceless. I cracked up when I saw them.

I can hear the water flowing at Poly when I see those pictures. That inside huge fountain is going to come down. Although I do love it, and it is a big part of the atmosphere of that lobby, I imagine they will put maybe a smaller fountain inside and some more nice seating areas. It will be different, but I hope they will do it justice and make something really nice in the 'new' lobby.

We love 'Ohana. We mostly go for dinner, but we've done breakfast, as well. Our 'menfolk' love the meat skewers. It may be sinful how much meat they eat in one sitting. :crazy2: I could fill up on the noodles and broccoli alone. And the bread pudding? Oh my goodness - so, so good!

I'm unsure at the moment how I feel exactly about the refurb on the inside of the Poly. However, I keep and open mind and always think that Disney isn't going to do something super dumb.

Jason would love Ohana for dinner. I need to take him when we go back. The boys in my family are also huge on meat. :rotfl2:

I almost don't want to say anything because I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but I'm working so hard to be able to go to the 24 hour event. Just waiting to hear from my CM friend about hotels, so hopefully I'll have it figured out one way or another by Friday. SO excited you get to go, though!

TALKING MICKEY!!! Oh my gosh, I love it SO much. Your family looks so adorable meeting him!

I go to the Tangled bathrooms even when they're not the most convenient. They're just so fun!

Popadon rocks the antlers look.

I was leaning toward trying the vanilla cake cup so I'm glad to hear how amazing it was!

I will cross my fingers for you and will hope you can make it work. :goodvibes If you make it though....we will meet!

They are fun! I love those bathrooms.

Definitely try the vanilla one.

I am loving your trip reports! We were in WDW in July 2013 at the same time you were!

Thanks! I wonder if we ran into each other?

I see those cupcake cups every time I go and think I need to get one, okay maybe I don't need it but definately want one!

So excited you will be here for the 24 hours at Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping I can convince some people to go with me, so far most look at me like i'm nuts. Definately will be taking an extra outfit......End of May+Florida heat and humitity=one nasty mess after 24 hours!

Question about talking Mickey, do his eyes move?

Great pictures in front of the castle and your dad is such a good sport with the hat, very cute!

Oh no, you definitely need to get one. It's a necessity.

The 24 hour event will be awesome!!!! I can't wait.

I don't think they did. At least I didn't notice that they did, so I'm going to say no...they did not move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter