• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"That's Not My Mom!" An October 2019 Trip with MNSSHP and MM

Greystar

Earning My Ears
Welcome to my first trip report! I enjoy reading them while planning for trips and getting over post-Disney blues, so I figured I should write one of my own.

Introductions:

Me: Kate, a law student in my final year of school (soooo close to freedom!). I never went to Disney as a kid, although we went on many other awesome vacations. My first trip to WDW was in college, when I spent one day in Magic Kingdom with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I was hooked and knew I had to bring my little brothers. We had to wait to go until their adoption was finalized due to the restrictions on traveling out of state with foster children, but a month after finalization, we were on our way to WDW! Both of my brothers and my little sister, a later addition to the family, now share my love for Disney. I have a few other siblings that don’t get my love of Disney and are therefore not worthy to be included in this TR. :rotfl:
O is 9. He is a thrill ride lover, which creates difficulties since he’s so short for his age and doesn’t meet the height requirements at most parks! Fortunately, he has recently passed 48” and can ride everything at Disney. On his first trip at 6, he discovered his love of Expedition Everest, which is still his favorite ride (now tied with Flight of Passage). He also cried after his first time on Mission Space: Orange because it wasn’t scary enough. His favorite characters are Aladdin and Flynn Rider and his current favorite Disney movie is the new Aladdin. This was his and G’s fourth trip to WDW.

G is 6. Although he’s generally a wild ball of ADHD energy, he is much more cautious than O when it comes to rides. On his first trip at 3, he was 40” but refused to ride any “big” rides except for Splash Mountain (which he loved despite the drop?). After someone :confused3 bribed him on our last trip to ride Expedition Everest, he now loves most of the “scary” rides in the parks (Tower of Terror and Dinosaur being the notable exceptions). His favorite rides are Expedition Everest and Splash Mountain. His favorite characters are Peter Pan, Donald Duck and Aladdin and his favorite Disney movies are Zootopia, Aladdin (both versions) and Peter Pan.

A is almost 3. Her first trip was at 10 months and she has been way too many times since because we might as well squeeze in as many free trips as possible before she’s 3! Her favorite rides are Barnstormer, Teacups, and, as of this last trip, 7DMT. Her favorite characters are Elsa, Cinderella, Minnie, Pooh, and Tiana. Her favorite movie used to be Frozen, but now she’s mad that it doesn’t have “Monster” (from the Broadway musical) in it. Princess and the Frog (or Kiss a Frog as she calls it) and Cinderella are her new favs.

Joining us on this trip was our mom *age redacted*. This was her first trip to WDW, although she went to Disneyland once before she had kids. Her favorite Disney movie is UP and her favorite characters are Carl, Ellie, Russell, and Dug. She was a self-proclaimed “not a parks person” and usually enjoyed some little-kid-free time with my dad while the kids and I were off on our trips. Will we change her mind on this trip?

A little history of how this trip came about: My mom is a teacher and instilled most of us kids with a love of history. The first time my adult sister and I went on Spaceship Earth, we both said it reminded us of all the amazing historical fiction books she got for us to read about Egypt, Ancient Rome, etc. When I heard that SSE was closing for a renovation, I knew we had to get down to EPCOT for my mom to ride it! Over the past few months of planning, the one-day EPCOT trip turned into something a little longer and more complicated. The boys thought we were going to Florida to visit our grandmother, aunt, and cousin. This was true, but they didn’t know about the surprise addition to the end of our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter