That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

What a great first night!! I LOVE that you had so much fun eating and drinking and just hanging out that you even forgot photos.
We were all just so happy to see each other even though it'd only been a few months! We made up for the first night lack of photos later on :) But the night itself really was great.
I ran into lounges being full too which was such a bummer. Our arrival night last month Cali Grill was a no go for lounge seating as was Topolinos. :( Ah well.
Yes, they are filling up alot quicker than they did before between the closed TS restaurants and less capacity in the lounges, we've found that on all our trips post - COVID. You gotta get there early, or wait! We actually lucked out with 3 Bridges and did so again 2 nights later.
What a perfect travel day! On time departure, followed by good food and better friends!! Sounds like this trip is off to a perfect start.
It was! Our first post-COVID return we had like a 5 hour delay on our flight down there so it certainly beats that day lol!
Following! That is a great first night! And what a fun way to celebrate your birthday!
Looking forward to reading more!
Hello and :welcome: It is super fun to celebrate birthdays in Disney! I've done so before but since the MK and I are the same age, it was extra cool to be there for this one. I hope you enjoy the rest of the report!
:bday: I am so happy I found your trip report!
Aw :thanks: I'm glad you found it too and glad you're here again!
Hi!! I'm checking out some trip reports and I just have to say :bday:
:wave: well I'm glad you decided to check mine out and hope you enjoy it! Thank you for the birthday wishes :goodvibes
What a fun way to celebrate your birthday!
The best!
I really want that sangria tower! I love a good sangria.
So do I and I've been lucky enough to try lots of sangria all over Disney! Some of my favorite is at Jaleo and also Paddlefish; they also have a really good sangria at The Plaza in MK! For your future reference lol
Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Thank you~!
Oh my gosh, these look amazing! As does all your food. :) Jack and I are hoping to spend our arrival night at Gran Destino in August and will definitely be checking out Three Bridges!
Ooh good I hope you get to go and I hope you get to go to 3 Bridges! Wait you know, not even going to say "I hope". Going to just say "when you go" :thumbsup2
I don't think you could ask for a better night!❤
When your first day/night is good it really makes you look forward to the next day!
Happy Birthday!!!! Since its the last day in February figured i could get one more in.
LOL well there's really no way you can beat Allison/Nellie. My sister is UBER jealous and that's the way I like her :P
Airlines aside any trip day that starts and ends with drinks and has some headless Jenny and Joe in between has gotta be good.
Is headless Joe like shoeless Joe from whatever old baseball team? I think from now on I'll refer to @Jenny Sanders as headless Jenny!

Well, if it was supposed to be taking off at 7:30, you might have gotten up about 2/13ths of the way into the day, you know. :rolleyes:
Um, this is a TR, not a M(math)TR! No math for me! It scares my brain!
May I ask why? As opposed to DME?
Well mainly because even pre-COVID Steve started losing his patience with ME. I love taking it to our resort because it's like the start of vacation to me, but we would always get stuck sitting on the bus for like 45 minutes before leaving and it happened one too many times. Once he got a taste of the less than 30 minute Uber/Lyft ride he was hooked and honestly I am now too! But I may try to use NE either in April or Sept just so I ride it one more time.
"Oh, no! I have to run! I'll be late for my ADR! Run! Runnnnn!!!! <gasp!> <pant!> Made it! OMG! I'm gonna die... but I made it! Phew! Sweating like a pig, but I'm here!"

"I'm sorry, but you are sweating and hot. You may have Covid. You can't come in."
LOL! It's weird we've only had our temp taken at resort and DS restaurants, not in park restaurants.
So glad you finished eating in time to eat.
It's always good to be done eating when you're ready to eat 🍕
Happy Birthday!!! This makes me want to go for my birthday!
You should, I never get tired of CM's wishing me a happy birthday. It's like being a princess! Maybe lol
All of the food at 3 Bridges is so good! We really loved sitting there and eating!
I wasn't totally impressed the first time we were there in 2019 but now it's a new fave for sure.
Let the eating and drinking begin. Can't think of a better way to celebrate your 50th! Happy belated.
YES! We definitely did enough of both while there!
Three Bridges sounds great...we are doing the Sangria University there next month so can't wait. This will be our first time there...I am looking forward to seeing Coronado Springs for the first time too. I think it's one of the resorts we have never seen.
Jenny and Joe did that early in 2020 and I really want to do it! They told us when we were there that they're doing it again in smaller groups on certain days but it didn't work for us; you'll get that tower so enjoy! And CSR is very pretty; the grounds all around and the tower too.
LOVED the new mask also...how cool!
I've been wearing it as often as I can at home too!
Looks like your birthday trip was off to a perfect start! Those Watchos look amazing! 😋
They were great! I wasn't even all that hungry but still managed to eat just about all of them. I don't like wasting Disney food!
Clearly I need watchos in my life! I hadn't even heard of them before, so you better believe they're now on my list!
Ha! I'd heard of them awhile ago and was recently reminded of them by Whitney on Facebook and the timing was perfect! They have regular nachos too which Jenny got and she said they were also really good.
Oh good, two trip reports for the price of one. :yay:
Yay hello there, so nice to see you! And yup, I tried so many times to start the Thanksgiving TR but time was not on my side. I hate that the boys rarely come with us and want to share how it was when they did, so figure this is the best way to do it at this point :)

Um, this is a TR, not a M(math)TR! No math for me! It scares my brain!
Whoops! Sorry!
Well mainly because even pre-COVID Steve started losing his patience with ME. I love taking it to our resort because it's like the start of vacation to me, but we would always get stuck sitting on the bus for like 45 minutes before leaving and it happened one too many times. Once he got a taste of the less than 30 minute Uber/Lyft ride he was hooked and honestly I am now too! But I may try to use NE either in April or Sept just so I ride it one more time.
Ah! Yeah I can see that actually. Both parts.
LOL! It's weird we've only had our temp taken at resort and DS restaurants, not in park restaurants.
Huh. DS I understand. Resort restaurants not so much.
It's always good to be done eating when you're ready to eat 🍕
:thumbsup2

What a perfect first day of your big birthday trip! Food and drinks look amazing and as for Jenny and Joe - well I’m sure they’re as glam as ever (even if we are only seeing half of them) :rotfl:
Love nights when the craic is so good you forget photos! Sure sign of a great night!:thumbsup2

Great travel day. Sorry the flight was later but looks like it worked out good. We have already received out first flight reschedule for our May trip.

OMG the food and drinks look soooo good and the company sounds perfect

Looking forward to your first park day.

3 Bridges looks like a nice restaurant. I can see why it would be popular.

I can see why you were starving. Coronado Springs needs to keep the food court open all day.

It looks like you had a fun evening. :)

DS I understand. Resort restaurants not so much.
It's the inconsistency that gets me. Not that I mind but like if you're doing it at the resort restaurants why not the in park restaurants too? Or just nowhere? I don't make the rules :confused3 but I'll follow them to go to Disney!
as for Jenny and Joe - well I’m sure they’re as glam as ever (even if we are only seeing half of them) :rotfl:
:laughing::cool2: they absolutely were!
Love nights when the craic is so good you forget photos! Sure sign of a great night!:thumbsup2
It was a great first night! We were so happy to be together again :goodvibes
Sorry the flight was later but looks like it worked out good. We have already received out first flight reschedule for our May trip.
Yeah usually it stinks because we feel like we can't get a full park day but this really worked out well.
We already had our April arrival flight changed once too! Luckily only a 30 minute delay leaving here at 7am instead of 6:30am; better stay that way! It's a 3 night trip so I want 4 full park days!
I'm here!!!!! 😘
Hello my friend :D:cheer2::banana::wave2:😘
3 Bridges looks like a nice restaurant. I can see why it would be popular.
It's a great addition to the resort and sitting outside on a nice night by the water reminds me of Geyser Point (but I still prefer Geyser Point)

It's the inconsistency that gets me. Not that I mind but like if you're doing it at the resort restaurants why not the in park restaurants too? Or just nowhere? I don't make the rules :confused3 but I'll follow them to go to Disney!
They must have cut back on those temp checks. When we were there in November, they checked our temps at Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon, Be Our Guest, Chef Mickey's, Wine Bar George, and Sci Fi. I didn't even think to ask the kids about temp checks at Chef's De France.

Come to think about it, they also checked our temps at the Ganaschery before we went inside there. But, on the other hand, we were there during a really high incidence of Covid time. :scratchin

Hey all! It's been a bit of a news worthy week I guess between Potato and Seuss, so let's try to get away from all that "drama" and stick with fun! Here's something fun: one of Ricky's suitemates at college tested positive for COVID last Thursday and had to isolate. Ricky and the other 4 guys they live with had to quarantine in their room for 10 days which is up this Sunday and they won't test them before Saturday; the guy who tested positive then tested negative on Sunday so he's back in the room as of yesterday and does not need to quarantine at all, while the rest of them still can't go to in person classes today or tomorrow while he can. And when they came in to deep clean the room they had the guys go hang in the student center with other kids even though otherwise they're not allowed to go anywhere during quarantine, except to the dining hall.

Ok the important thing is they are all ok! And I'm fine with it all, if I was too paranoid I wouldn't be comfortable with him away at all, I just find it interesting and he hates doing classes remote so that part stinks for this week. He's also talking to an advisor today about changing his major to Athletic Training as opposed to Mechanical Engineering. Honestly as happy as we were with engineering, if you've followed my older reports back when he played school basketball and all through his injuries you'll know we're not surprised by this and think it's really a good fit :)

Now that I somewhat have you up to date on the last week of the DeVizio's life we'll get on with what you're REALLY here for: our first park day! Which park were we going to?

We were there for FARTS after all. First we enjoyed a quick Barcelona breakfast of muffins in our room and I have to say the blueberry muffin from there was delicious and it was not the only one I had during our stay.

What do you think of the new Epcot entrance! I think it looks clean and pretty and can't wait to see it lit up for the 50th the way they showed it will be pixiedust:

We tried taking a bus around 10:30 while Jenny, Joe, Melinda and "R" were all driving; however the bus at GDT is ridiculous so we ended up getting an Uber at around 10:50. Seriously for the most expensive rooms at the resort they need to make that the 1st bus stop and also add buses; we had no trouble like this on any previous post-COVID stays. The buses the whole trip just were few and far between at the resort.
Jenny and Joe walked to their car just as our Uber pulled up and we arrived at the park before them. We wanted FOOD, but stopped to admire some art at the Wyland booth in Future World:

I left this kind of big so you can hopefully really look at it. It's a bronze Fantasia coffee table, a very intricate gorgeous coffee table. They also had a 7 Dwarfs one, Beauty and the Beast and I think Little Mermaid. We were admiring this when a Wyland salesperson came to tell us you commission your piece which weights about 300 lbs and they deliver to your house anywhere-including Canada my northern friends! So if you like a piece like this can be yours for the Disney souvenir price of $36,000.

Yes. $36,000, the EXACT amount we all carry in our shorts pockets when we go to Disney. You know, for t-shirts and mugs and things.

All I got to say is they must sell some and if any of you end up purchasing one, can I please be there when it's delivered?

We headed on our way, meeting up with the "J"s in time to admire some chalk art and take a bathroom break. Then it was time to eat (drink)!

Our first stop was POP EATS, a both which we'd visited last year. The drink was mine ;) while the snack was for Steve:
Tomato Soup Can Bloody Mary
Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam
Um, I had the Soup Can Bloody Mary last year; wasn't a big fan; and this year it was HORRIBLE. Yup I didn't even finish it. It was super peppery and just not that great. I'm pretty sure @Jenny Sanders agreed.
Steve on the other hand enjoyed this shrimp ceviche last year and again this year! It did shrink to about half the size of last year lol but still was good and his foam had dissipated by the time I took the picture.

As we stood in what used to be the Illuminations FP viewing area, I snapped this:

Kind of dark but that's a big Harmonious barge out there! And I believe since my trip more have been moved. I admit I wasn't really excited about this show because I haven't been a fan of the last 2 new evening shows (Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After), but with the lack of any evening shows these prior 7 visits I am looking forward to it now and expect to be able to watch it when we go for the 50th.

We still needed more sustenance! After the crappy drink I wasn't fooling around anymore, so while the menfolk (can I say that? Or is it against 2021 rules?) went to get margaritas in the Mexico pavilion, Jenny and I continued on our food quest. This led us to Germany!

MM-MM this was a good choice! Jenny at first wasn't getting anything but then I got a "free" dish by mistake and she happily accepted it. Here's what we got:
Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic
Coq au Vin: Chicken Roulade with Violet Mustard, Candied Carrots, Pancetta Crisp, Marble Potatoes and Beurre Rouge Sauce
Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate-Chip Cookie

3 Daughters Brewing Rosé Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL

Both our main dishes were so good! The short rib was melt in your mouth tender and I liked the sweetness of the parsnip puree. Jenny shoved that whole coq in her mouth and proclaimed it worth the effort :thumbsup2

As for the cookie, I've wanted to try this the last 3 years but there's always so many other different things to try, I've skipped it. Mistake! I love a good cookie and this one did not disappoint. It was so soft and chewy and tasty! A lover of sugar as well I enjoyed dipping pieces into the frosting paint too. So cute for kids as well! My cider was superb and another new item for me.

At this point the guys had joined us, and we were hurrying to the festival center where Melinda and Mr. @pepperandchips were hanging out. They were waiting for an entertainer we LOVE and have watched on each FARTS visit-the artist Trevor Carlton

So what he does is paints a picture to top 40 dance music, and he dances right along with it as he paints. He is so fun to watch! Of course his work is on sale at the festival and whatever he paints onstage is as well. Two years ago he was on the stage by the fountain (RIP fountain). Last year they had him in that Illuminations FP area on a stage and now he's made his way up to the festival center!

Any guess who he's drawing?

Now you know, right?

And here's the finished product!

I know it's too late for this year but in the future, when you find yourselves at FARTS, do not miss seeing him and other performing artists do their thing. It supports them, it's different, and it's fun!

Afterwards we looked around at the art and listened to the pianist begin playing. Steve and I saw another of our favorite artists' booths but he wasn't going to be back until 2 so we all left and we planned to come back.

There was still more FARTS food and fun to come! Some of it was just a tad scary too......:tinker:

Oh my what a week of drama! Remote learning is the pits. Danielle hates that her SR year of college is all remote. So happy Ricky was ok!

I'm worried about the busses now that more people are going. It looks like the week of your trip was one of the busiest.

Epcot is a great way to kick your trip off. Love the reviews so far, keep them coming.

It's been a bit of a news worthy week I guess between Potato and Seuss,
<sigh>
I shall refrain from commenting. But... oy.
one of Ricky's suitemates at college tested positive for COVID last Thursday and had to isolate. Ricky and the other 4 guys they live with had to quarantine in their room for 10 days which is up this Sunday and they won't test them before Saturday;
But no one else has any symptoms, I hope?
the guy who tested positive then tested negative on Sunday so he's back in the room as of yesterday and does not need to quarantine at all, while the rest of them still can't go to in person classes today or tomorrow while he can.
Um... what????
And when they came in to deep clean the room they had the guys go hang in the student center with other kids even though otherwise they're not allowed to go anywhere during quarantine, except to the dining hall.
:sad2:
Not much common sense going on there it seems.
Which park were we going to?

DHS!! Am I right??? What do I win?
We were there for FARTS after all.
That happens after all the snacking.
What do you think of the new Epcot entrance! I think it looks clean and pretty and can't wait to see it lit up for the 50th the way they showed it will be pixiedust:
I'd love to see it in person, but I've certainly heard good things.
We tried taking a bus around 10:30 while Jenny, Joe, Melinda and "R" were all driving; however the bus at GDT is ridiculous so we ended up getting an Uber at around 10:50. Seriously for the most expensive rooms at the resort they need to make that the 1st bus stop and also add buses; we had no trouble like this on any previous post-COVID stays. The buses the whole trip just were few and far between at the resort.
I've heard this complaint many times in reference to the more expensive resorts.
While I disagree that people paying more for rooms should get preferential treatment, I do think that they should at least get equal treatment!
It's a bronze Fantasia coffee table, a very intricate gorgeous coffee table.
Ah! And no I had no idea what I was looking at.
So if you like a piece like this can be yours for the Disney souvenir price of $36,000.
For that price you could get two!
Yes. $36,000, the EXACT amount we all carry in our shorts pockets when we go to Disney. You know, for t-shirts and mugs and things.
Not for me. I'd rather spend my $26,000 on two t-shirts. I mean, that way you get two things for the price of one. Better deal.
All I got to say is they must sell some and if any of you end up purchasing one, can I please be there when it's delivered?
:laughing:
Shrimp Ceviche
with Lime Mint Foam
Those both sound good!
Um, I had the Soup Can Bloody Mary last year; wasn't a big fan; and this year it was HORRIBLE.
Oh...

One of those sound great!
Steve on the other hand enjoyed this shrimp ceviche last year and again this year! It did shrink to about half the size of last year
Water was cold. Shrinkage.
so while the menfolk (can I say that? Or is it against 2021 rules?)
Humanoid individuals self identifying as he/him.
The short rib was melt in your mouth tender
yummm...
Jenny shoved that whole coq in her mouth
I bet Joe had a big smile on his face! Despite the shrinkage.
As for the cookie, I've wanted to try this the last 3 years but there's always so many other different things to try, I've skipped it. Mistake! I love a good cookie and this one did not disappoint. It was so soft and chewy and tasty!
Good to know. :)
So what he does is paints a picture to top 40 dance music, and he dances right along with it as he paints. He is so fun to watch!
Cool!
Any guess who he's drawing?

Now you know, right?
Must admit, I didn't see the bill at first so hadn't a clue.

Here's something fun: one of Ricky's suitemates at college tested positive for COVID last Thursday and had to isolate. Ricky and the other 4 guys they live with had to quarantine in their room for 10 days

Oh, no! I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I hope everyone is ok!

He's also talking to an advisor today about changing his major to Athletic Training as opposed to Mechanical Engineering. Honestly as happy as we were with engineering, if you've followed my older reports back when he played school basketball and all through his injuries you'll know we're not surprised by this

Exciting! And not surprising at all. Good for him!

I think it's going to be beautiful…a big improvement 😍

So if you like a piece like this can be yours for the Disney souvenir price of $36,000.

Yikes! I'm sure John Stamos and Neil Patrick Harris have multiples of these!

Of course we do; who doesn't!?

Our first stop was POP EATS, a both which we'd visited last year. The drink was mine ;) while the snack was for Steve:
Shrimp Ceviche
with Lime Mint Foam
No surprises here! :)

Jenny shoved that whole coq in her mouth and proclaimed it worth the effort :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

3 Daughters Brewing Rosé Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
I think this sounds familiar! I do believe I had this and really enjoyed!!

I usually lurk on your TR :), but wanted to chime in as I too am turning 50 in a few months and am planning a trip too! Excited to see how your trip goes! We will be flying in on my actual b-day and mostly for the purpose of the Epcot Food and Wine festival. It will be my first time to be at Disney in September! Hope you have a good bday!!

Joining in and caught up! Glad to hear it won't be a fast moving report because nothing about me is fast moving these days lol.

He's also talking to an advisor today about changing his major to Athletic Training as opposed to Mechanical Engineering. Honestly as happy as we were with engineering, if you've followed my older reports back when he played school basketball and all through his injuries you'll know we're not surprised by this and think it's really a good fit :)
This is so awesome!!!

Um, I had the Soup Can Bloody Mary last year; wasn't a big fan; and this year it was HORRIBLE. Yup I didn't even finish it. It was super peppery and just not that great. I'm pretty sure @Jenny Sanders agreed.
This was absolutely disgusting. There are so many Bloddy Mary's that are soooooooo much better on property, like the one I just had at Olivias. YUM!

Jenny shoved that whole coq in her mouth and proclaimed it worth the effort :thumbsup2
I did indeed. It was really good and an unexpected treat. 🙂

Remote learning is the pits. Danielle hates that her SR year of college is all remote. So happy Ricky was ok!
Ugh yes I feel horrible for her! Ricky cannot stand it; Chris doesn't like it but does ok but luckily he gets to start going back to school 4 days a week up from 2 days a week on Monday.
I'm worried about the busses now that more people are going. It looks like the week of your trip was one of the busiest.
It was definitely the busiest of all our post-COVID trips but still not as busy as pre-COVID trips! Other than 7DMT we found ride lines fine; the bus lines I think are always bad at CSR since reopening unfortunately. We do often take Ubers but still prefer the buses sometimes depending where we're going. We're at CCV next month so at least we have the boat to MK!
But no one else has any symptoms, I hope?
Luckily no :thumbsup2 They were all tested again today and will have results tomorrow
Not much common sense going on there it seems.
Yeah it's weird and confusing and makes no sense and on the college parents FB page, all of us who have a kid who has either tested positive and had to isolate or had to quarantine due to a room/suitemate testing positive have different stories. Good news is the college overall has had a .04% transmission rate since the kids went back in January so that is good news!
DHS!! Am I right???
YES!
But :sad2:
But we'll still give you a prize, being Canadian and all and not allowed out of your country. You get ........................this!
:stitch2:
've heard this complaint many times in reference to the more expensive resorts.
While I disagree that people paying more for rooms should get preferential treatment, I do think that they should at least get equal treatment!
Ok you are right and I agree; no specialty treatment to those who pay more for their resort but being that the tower is new and the closest area to a stop and all it just makes 0 sense that the stop there is the WORST. Overall IDK why the buses were so few; we've stayed at Copper Creek, BCV, SSR, BWV, Bay Lake since reopening and they were not this bad anywhere!
Not for me. I'd rather spend my $26,000 on two t-shirts. I mean, that way you get two things for the price of one. Better deal.
Well of course you would; you're smart with your $$ and 2 shirts for $26,000 makes a WORLD of sense where a table for $36,000 makes none.
Humanoid individuals self identifying as he/him.
👨‍💼👩‍🔧👩‍🔧👨‍💼🤶
bet Joe had a big smile on his face! Despite the shrinkage.
You know I believe he did 8-)
Oh, no! I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I hope everyone is ok!
Yeah I'm not totally surprised. I do think Ricky had it way back in March of last year just as it was being "known" so not sure if he'd get it again; I find the quarantine part more of a pain and feel bad they're stuck in their rooms!
Yikes! I'm sure John Stamos and Neil Patrick Harris have multiples of these!
:laughing: I didn't even think of that but I bet they do!
Of course we do; who doesn't!?
Exactly! Let me know which one you get in December lol!

usually lurk on your TR :), but wanted to chime in as I too am turning 50 in a few months and am planning a trip too! Excited to see how your trip goes
Well first of all :welcome: I'm so glad you decided to say hello! And that's awesome that you're going for your 50th as well :goodvibes
We will be flying in on my actual b-day and mostly for the purpose of the Epcot Food and Wine festival.
Nice! We're going the end of September/Oct for the 50th of MK-it's been my plan all along to be there for mine and for that one! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Joining in and caught up! Glad to hear it won't be a fast moving report because nothing about me is fast moving these days lol.
Hey Courtney so glad you're here! And yeah lol I remember well those days. But your excuse is the best-and the cutest!
This is so awesome!!!
We're really happy with his decision. Well, it does mean an extra semester so Steve isn't thrilled lol but I am!
I did indeed. It was really good and an unexpected treat. 🙂
Jokes aside I'm glad you were there to share with me ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter