• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help you with how many standing room balconies there are.

It was a pretty decent walk to the lounge. What we did was get ready in the morning then head up to the lounge and left for the parks from there. In the afternoon the kids would want to go up and get some cookies and drinks before we went to the pool. Some nights we would have appetizers before a later dinner reservations and some nights we would come up for dessert if we had an early dinner reservation.

The rooms 1557 through 4557 are really close to the IG at EPCOT. Not sure about the other two.

Teena - looks like we need your expertise!

The other two are facing the pirate slide at SAB. If you walk out the back door of the BC lobby and look up to the right, you'll see the rooms. They are the two corner rooms on the third and fourth floors.

This is probably a stupid question. We have never stayed at BC before. I know it's close to the IG at Epcot. Can you enter Epcot for early morning EMH via the IG? Or do you have to go to the front entrance?

Thanks!
Amanda

This is probably a stupid question. We have never stayed at BC before. I know it's close to the IG at Epcot. Can you enter Epcot for early morning EMH via the IG? Or do you have to go to the front entrance?

Thanks!
Amanda

If any part of Epcot is open, you can enter through the IG. For Morning EMH, you will only be allowed to proceed to Futureworld as nothing in the WC will be open anyways.

Thanks!
Amanda

The International Gateway opens at the same time the front of Epcot opens (whether it be 8 AM or 9 AM, etc.) However, you are only allowed to walk past England and Canada and have to go to Future World since World Showcase isn't open first thing in the morning.

Thank you! I'm didn't understand how it would work since the IG isn't open until much later. I get it now! Thanks for explaining!!!

Amanda

Can I still grab a cold drink, etc and sit in the lounge if it is between offerings? I can't recall what the offerings schedule is but I remember at BWI CL not matter what time it was (so long as it wasnt after the lounge shut down at 10:30 pm) I could stop in and always get cold drinks or snacks and sit INSIDE the lounge. Is this true for YC CL? I like to sit inside the lounge vs. the room during the day - is this possible here? thanks

Does anyone know of a map online showing the location of rooms in the resort, that is more recent than the one presented in message #1896 in this thread? I need one that shows the rooms in the Villas as well.

Can I still grab a cold drink, etc and sit in the lounge if it is between offerings? I can't recall what the offerings schedule is but I remember at BWI CL not matter what time it was (so long as it wasnt after the lounge shut down at 10:30 pm) I could stop in and always get cold drinks or snacks and sit INSIDE the lounge. Is this true for YC CL? I like to sit inside the lounge vs. the room during the day - is this possible here? thanks

When we were there in Dec it was open between services. My DH watched football most of the afternoon.:goodvibes I don't know if there were any snacks available though. It did close completely at night.

Does anyone know of a map online showing the location of rooms in the resort, that is more recent than the one presented in message #1896 in this thread? I need one that shows the rooms in the Villas as well.

Bicker, have you seen this map of BCV?
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

Although... Does anyone know if the old Beach Club (not villas) maps are still pretty accurate? It's clear that they were made before the villas were added...

Although... Does anyone know if the old Beach Club (not villas) maps are still pretty accurate? It's clear that they were made before the villas were added...

From what CM Teena has said it's very inaccurate at this point. Room types/designations have changed considerably.

We just stayed in 4691 at the beach club - had access to the 5th floor lounge. I dont know how to post pics but if someone wants to pm me I'll email them. We had 4 views - 2 doors with step out balconies and 2 windows. It was great! Lots of space!!

Jen, I want to see your pix!! I'll show you how to post them!!:surfweb:

Yeah - that's the elusive deluxe club room we were always wondering about!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Ok, this is Room 3691 in the pic below ("second" floor in pic)? Where would 4691 be? I would think it should be right above it right? And 4691 is supposed to have standing room only balconies? I'm confused about the floors!

bc36913.jpg

Copyofbcfourthfloor2.jpg

4691 *is* right above 3691 and does only have standing room balconies - 2 of them according to the poster who stayed in it.

4691 *is* right above 3691 and does only have standing room balconies - 2 of them according to the poster who stayed in it.

So, that very top room in this pic is actually 5691 and then 4691 is the one right below kind of covered by the trees? I guess there are no second floor rooms in that pic. It goes 3rd, 4th, 5th?

So, that very top room in this pic is actually 5691 and then 4691 is the one right below kind of covered by the trees? I guess there are no second floor rooms in that pic. It goes 3rd, 4th, 5th?

I have no idea if the room you are picturing is actually 3691 nor do I know, for sure, that the OP DID stay in 4691, of course. I do think the top floor is the 5th floor but I would have to look at the Disney Zone maps myself to speculate. I am just hoping that PP comes back to the thread with more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter