• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if the room you are picturing is actually 3691 nor do I know, for sure, that the OP DID stay in 4691, of course. I do think the top floor is the 5th floor but I would have to look at the Disney Zone maps myself to speculate. I am just hoping that PP comes back to the thread with more details.

Ok, editing myself because I've looked at the map. IMO, yes, the way you have edited it recently with floor numbers is correct. It seems to fit the descriptions of the rooms too.

Ok, editing myself because I've looked at the map. IMO, yes, the way you have edited it recently with floor numbers is correct. It seems to fit the descriptions of the rooms too.

I found another pic with the Deluxe rooms on the left corner. You can see the standing room only balcony of 4691 in the pic. And it looks like the balcony on 3691 is huge!

3639298933_487ca73d23_b_d.jpg

You are in the right area, Misti.
We've stayed in the Nantucket suite, which is directly over 4691 and 3691.

There isn't a second floor on that wing. Over Cape May Cafe.:)

Hi all,

Do the standard club level rooms at BC come with a daybed? On the WDW website it says that just the lagoon view club level rooms have daybeds. :confused3

Hey kaff!:cool1:

When we stayed GV CL at the BC we had a day bed.
Our room was one of those close to the lounge.
HTH:)

I found another pic with the Deluxe rooms on the left corner. You can see the standing room only balcony of 4691 in the pic. And it looks like the balcony on 3691 is huge!

Yes, 3691 has that enormous balcony. It's my dream room ... literally, I've dreamt about it. LOL! That was a cool pic, thanks for sharing!

Hi all,

Do the standard club level rooms at BC come with a daybed? On the WDW website it says that just the lagoon view club level rooms have daybeds. :confused3

You can book a standard CL room if you have five people. Some of those rooms sleep two, some sleep 4 and some sleep 5. You cannot book a water view CL room with five people. There are a few water view CL rooms with daybeds in them but because there are so few, the system won't let you book one if you have five people over 3 years of age in your party.

The deluxe rooms (CL) are not on the fifth floor but they all sleep five.

They will probably have you down on your reservation as 3 adults and 1 child and 2 infants with those ages. They should automatically give you a room with a daybed but it doesn't hurt to put it on your reservation as a request. Since you booked a standard view room and are overloaded with people, I would highly suggest requesting 1606, 2606, 3606 or 3606. The view is okay but the main thing is that those four rooms are oversized. Please remember, requests are only requests. There is no guarantee you are going to get what you request. However, if one of those rooms are open when you check-in, our room assignors try really hard to meet your requests. Just make sure those rooms are listed on your reservation!

Also, when you check-in, don't do an on-line check-in. Then when you get to the front desk and do a regular check-in, you can ask if you got a daybed and if you got one of the rooms you requested. If you didn't get one of those four rooms (because they are occupied), then at least you can have the front desk person verify you have a daybed. If you don't have a daybed, just nicely tell them you NEED one and to please change your room.

Hi Teena
You are a true Disboards Saint for all the questions you have answered!! So,I have one regaurding your response to 4My3KGirls. When we last visited in 10/08, Disney didn't offer on-line check-in. So I have no experience with it. Can you explain futher the advantages/disadvantages of waiting to check in when you get there? Does on-line check-in prevent you from asking for a room change after arrival and etc.? Arriving 6/9/10 at BCV, 10th trip to Disney. This is our daughters high school graduation trip!
Thanks TB

wow there is a ton of great info in this thread! I apologize if I am asking something that has already been asked...

we are going to be staying in a 1 bedroom at BCV for our first family trip to WDW---we leave in just a couple of weeks! i would love to be able to request a room or at least a wing of the BCV upon check in. hoping you can help!

my dh and i will be travelling with our ds (4) and dd (8mo). we will have a stroller and think we would like a room close to elevators. we also will be using the health center daily, and will be enjoying afternoons at the resort (hopefully in the pool if weather cooperates!)

is the quiet pool for adults only?

i saw a link from BCV23 with pictures from rooms and their views. from that i am thinking i really like the rooms with the larger balconies and views of the quiet pool (think would be really pretty at night). rm 206 maybe? good location?

I know I do not want a ground floor room and would love any feedback you have on how to request a roomwe would like! (although...you probably can't go wrong with ANY of the rooms at that gorgeous resort!!)

Hi all,

Hi Kaffinito! :wave:

The info on the WDW website is incorrect -- our LVCL room definitely did NOT have a daybed. And it would have been a tight squeeze if it did. Our room had a dormer wall, very charming, but not all that big. We did have a lovely view of SAB, the lake, and the BW, though.;)

So we are ALL OVER THE PLACE with our reservation so far for our first family WDW vaca. We originally booked CBR last week, spent all this week thinking WL may be the right call - then find out that there are no Standard WL rooms left for our week....so now my wife is pushing for just biting the bullet, paying the extra and staying at our "ideal" resort - the BC/YC area!

With that said, and I apologize if these issues were already discussed in here (I did read thru the first few pages), can anyone offer some info on the following topics:

- It will be me, my wife and our 3 yr old son (who loves the Beach) - while I know in general a "Beach Club" should be a great theme for him, I was wondering about the feel of the resort. It certainly appears more upscale than most- is it uber-active toddler friendly?? Is one better than the other (Beach vs. Yacht) for this?

-Balcony issue - I know I've read some reports on BC's standing only balcony - if you request a full, do people typically get it? How is it at the YC? And which one is closer to both SAB and Epcot (a map of the area would be AWESOME!!)

-Counter Service options - we got the dining plan and have already made our dinner reservations for our stay. Our thoughts all along were that the majority of breakfasts (we have 1 res for a character) and lunches would be at our resort (first, Old Port Royal, then Roaring Forks) - what are the quick service and snack options at the BC/YC? Are they any good???

Thanks everyone.

Wow, we've been lucky with our CL rooms at the BC.:goodvibes

The one time we got a GV it had a daybed and a full balcony.
Twice, we got the LV room across from the hall, also a daybed and a full balcony. Looking unto the front of the lake, like Misti's picture. Great rooms!

And we usually had 2-4 people in our parties. Never more.

Those rooms I described must be the few with full balconies and daybeds on the 5th floor. There's about 6-8 of them.:)

Hi Teena
You are a true Disboards Saint for all the questions you have answered!! So,I have one regaurding your response to 4My3KGirls. When we last visited in 10/08, Disney didn't offer on-line check-in. So I have no experience with it. Can you explain futher the advantages/disadvantages of waiting to check in when you get there? Does on-line check-in prevent you from asking for a room change after arrival and etc.? Arriving 6/9/10 at BCV, 10th trip to Disney. This is our daughters high school graduation trip!
Thanks TB

Okay, remember, this is just my opinion on advantages/disadvantages of the on-line check-in. If you do it, you still have to wait in a line and check-in. The paperwork and keys should already be printed and waiting for you. Thus, if it worked the way it was designed to work, you'd walk up, hand them your ID and credit card, sign the registration statement, they would hand you your packet with your keys and off you'd go. Then the next on-line check-in guest would go up to the designated on-line check-in CM and the same thing would happen. Also, the other CMs at the regular check-in stations are suppose to draw from the on-line check-in line before the regular line. Then the CM walks over to the on-line's CM's station and picks up your papers and keys. Does it work like this? No! Why? Because people get up there and ask the normal 25 questions, ask about where their room is, want to change their room, etc. So, that line sometimes ends up no different than the regular check-in line. Would I do it? No, because I personally think if you want to ask questions or discuss your room, then you shouldn't do it. Again, this is my opinion. Does it save time? Only if you walk up and hand them your credit card and ID, sign and walk away. We try really hard to keep the lines at a minimum. When a magical express bus drops off a load of people, it might take a while to get everybody checked in but we go into overdrive and move them through as fast as we can! If you want to ask questions about the location of your room, etc. and therefore, maybe ask to be moved, I'd recommend not doing an on-line check-in.

So we are ALL OVER THE PLACE with our reservation so far for our first family WDW vaca. We originally booked CBR last week, spent all this week thinking WL may be the right call - then find out that there are no Standard WL rooms left for our week....so now my wife is pushing for just biting the bullet, paying the extra and staying at our "ideal" resort - the BC/YC area!

With that said, and I apologize if these issues were already discussed in here (I did read thru the first few pages), can anyone offer some info on the following topics:

- It will be me, my wife and our 3 yr old son (who loves the Beach) - while I know in general a "Beach Club" should be a great theme for him, I was wondering about the feel of the resort. It certainly appears more upscale than most- is it uber-active toddler friendly?? Is one better than the other (Beach vs. Yacht) for this?

-Balcony issue - I know I've read some reports on BC's standing only balcony - if you request a full, do people typically get it? How is it at the YC? And which one is closer to both SAB and Epcot (a map of the area would be AWESOME!!)

-Counter Service options - we got the dining plan and have already made our dinner reservations for our stay. Our thoughts all along were that the majority of breakfasts (we have 1 res for a character) and lunches would be at our resort (first, Old Port Royal, then Roaring Forks) - what are the quick service and snack options at the BC/YC? Are they any good???

Thanks everyone.

It will be me, my wife and our 3 yr old son (who loves the Beach) - while I know in general a "Beach Club" should be a great theme for him, I was wondering about the feel of the resort. It certainly appears more upscale than most- is it uber-active toddler friendly?? Is one better than the other (Beach vs. Yacht) for this? It's Disney ... everything is toddler friendly. However, in my opinion, the Beach Club feels more open, warm, toddler friendly.

Balcony issue - I know I've read some reports on BC's standing only balcony - if you request a full, do people typically get it? How is it at the YC? And which one is closer to both SAB and Epcot (a map of the area would be AWESOME!!) You have a 50/50 shot of getting a full balcony or a standing balcony. If you request a full balcony, it helps, but it all depends on how full the resort is when you are there. I'd guess 90% of the guests request a full balcony though. SAB is right in the middle of the two resorts. The sandy beach area of the pool with the zero entry area is closer to the YC. There are only full balconies at the YC. The BC is closer to Epcot (4 minute walk). The YC is closer to the boat that takes you to the Studios.

Counter Service options - we got the dining plan and have already made our dinner reservations for our stay. Our thoughts all along were that the majority of breakfasts (we have 1 res for a character) and lunches would be at our resort (first, Old Port Royal, then Roaring Forks) - what are the quick service and snack options at the BC/YC? Are they any good??? The Marketplace at the BC has lots of snack options including wonderful cookies and gelato. They also have the quick service items at the BC. They have a hot breakfast sandwich, muffins, cereal, etc. for breakfast and lunch they have soup, salads and sandwiches (more deli style). Hurricane Hannah's by the pool is a grill that is a quick service. Are they any good? Adults seem to really like the soup, salad and sandwiches at the Marketplace and the kids seem to love the offerings at Hannah's. The Y&B does not have a food court like Old Port Royal or anything like Roaring Forks. Personally, if you want to use your quick service for breakfast, I'd do it at the parks. It's a short hop to Epcot and the breakfast options (quick service) at Sunshine Seasons (where Soarin' is located) are pretty good. Their lunch options are amazing too.

wow there is a ton of great info in this thread! I apologize if I am asking something that has already been asked...

we are going to be staying in a 1 bedroom at BCV for our first family trip to WDW---we leave in just a couple of weeks! i would love to be able to request a room or at least a wing of the BCV upon check in. hoping you can help!

my dh and i will be travelling with our ds (4) and dd (8mo). we will have a stroller and think we would like a room close to elevators. we also will be using the health center daily, and will be enjoying afternoons at the resort (hopefully in the pool if weather cooperates!)

is the quiet pool for adults only?

i saw a link from BCV23 with pictures from rooms and their views. from that i am thinking i really like the rooms with the larger balconies and views of the quiet pool (think would be really pretty at night). rm 206 maybe? good location?

I know I do not want a ground floor room and would love any feedback you have on how to request a roomwe would like! (although...you probably can't go wrong with ANY of the rooms at that gorgeous resort!!)

The quiet pool is for everybody!

You should add your room requests to your reservations. The BCV are always 99-100% occupied, thus making a room move on the day you check-in very hard. I recommend that you do not request a certain room ... the chance that that room is being vacated on the day you check in is slim to none and therefore you will be very disappointed. You have lots of requests (close to elevator, not first floor, pool view, large balcony). You should decide which requests are the most important and add them to your reservation. Remember, there will only be a certain number of one bedroom villas being vacated on the day you check-in. The BCV is really small compared to Saratoga, Old Key West, etc. The chance a one bedroom villa that meets all your requests will be vacated on the day you check-in is very unlikely (but possible). So, by listing the requests that are the most important, hopefully we will be able to at least meet one of your requests.

You can book a standard CL room if you have five people. Some of those rooms sleep two, some sleep 4 and some sleep 5. You cannot book a water view CL room with five people. There are a few water view CL rooms with daybeds in them but because there are so few, the system won't let you book one if you have five people over 3 years of age in your party.

The deluxe rooms (CL) are not on the fifth floor but they all sleep five.

Hi Kaffinito! :wave:

The info on the WDW website is incorrect -- our LVCL room definitely did NOT have a daybed. And it would have been a tight squeeze if it did. Our room had a dormer wall, very charming, but not all that big. We did have a lovely view of SAB, the lake, and the BW, though.;)

Wow, we've been lucky with our CL rooms at the BC.:goodvibes

The one time we got a GV it had a daybed and a full balcony.
Twice, we got the LV room across from the hall, also a daybed and a full balcony. Looking unto the front of the lake, like Misti's picture. Great rooms!

And we usually had 2-4 people in our parties. Never more.

Those rooms I described must be the few with full balconies and daybeds on the 5th floor. There's about 6-8 of them.:)

Well I don't really need the full balcony, but we do need the daybed! I can put DS17 in the regular bed, DS9 on the daybed, and DN4 on an air mattress on the floor. He has to sleep close to the floor anyway - he gets out of bed by rolling out of it! :laughing:

Thanks for all of the responses - now I know what I need to ask IPO for. :goodvibes

It will be me, my wife and our 3 yr old son (who loves the Beach) - while I know in general a "Beach Club" should be a great theme for him, I was wondering about the feel of the resort. It certainly appears more upscale than most- is it uber-active toddler friendly?? Is one better than the other (Beach vs. Yacht) for this? It's Disney ... everything is toddler friendly. However, in my opinion, the Beach Club feels more open, warm, toddler friendly.

Balcony issue - I know I've read some reports on BC's standing only balcony - if you request a full, do people typically get it? How is it at the YC? And which one is closer to both SAB and Epcot (a map of the area would be AWESOME!!) You have a 50/50 shot of getting a full balcony or a standing balcony. If you request a full balcony, it helps, but it all depends on how full the resort is when you are there. I'd guess 90% of the guests request a full balcony though. SAB is right in the middle of the two resorts. The sandy beach area of the pool with the zero entry area is closer to the YC. There are only full balconies at the YC. The BC is closer to Epcot (4 minute walk). The YC is closer to the boat that takes you to the Studios.

Counter Service options - we got the dining plan and have already made our dinner reservations for our stay. Our thoughts all along were that the majority of breakfasts (we have 1 res for a character) and lunches would be at our resort (first, Old Port Royal, then Roaring Forks) - what are the quick service and snack options at the BC/YC? Are they any good??? The Marketplace at the BC has lots of snack options including wonderful cookies and gelato. They also have the quick service items at the BC. They have a hot breakfast sandwich, muffins, cereal, etc. for breakfast and lunch they have soup, salads and sandwiches (more deli style). Hurricane Hannah's by the pool is a grill that is a quick service. Are they any good? Adults seem to really like the soup, salad and sandwiches at the Marketplace and the kids seem to love the offerings at Hannah's. The Y&B does not have a food court like Old Port Royal or anything like Roaring Forks. Personally, if you want to use your quick service for breakfast, I'd do it at the parks. It's a short hop to Epcot and the breakfast options (quick service) at Sunshine Seasons (where Soarin' is located) are pretty good. Their lunch options are amazing too.

Thanks for all the great info!! Few follow-ups...

B/c its been a while since I was at the Boardwalk area (and my wife never has), total size/distances are escaping me. When you say the BC is 4 mins from Epcot, how far does that make the YC (is it this sprawling resort where the YC is now 15 minutes? Or does it add like 3-4 more minutes to the trip?)

Same with the 0-entry area of SAB - YC is right next to it...does that make the BC a 10 minute trek to it, or just a 3-4 minute stroll so that its not right outisde my door?

I'm only curious b/c the theme/decor/reviews of the BC seems to make me think I prefer there, but YC seems to have the amenities we like (balconies guaranteed...definitely want to have access to the 0 entry area). Giving me a full sense of the size of the 2 resorts will help me figure out whether its worth choosing the theme of the BC or not.

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter