The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about the views of the first floor rooms?
Do they all have patios? Is there room to play outside the rooms for the kids? Is there furniture on the patios?
Do any go right out to the pool or SAB? Do they go around the entire property? My kids loved being able to go outside on our patio at Poly last time. Are BC grounds as nice??? Any special requests I should make re: location
if asking for 1st floor room.

I can give you a first hand account of a ground floor room! I stayed there in April 2008 and had the BEST room. My family had two other rooms and their rooms were nice, but we definitely got the best one. My brother was on a patio right on the quiet pool area (so yes, they have rooms that open up to the pool area - the QUIET pool area. Stormalong Bay is outside of the general areas of the hotel, not the rooms). It was actually a tad smaller than my room and he said it was a bit noisy for his toddlers but they managed. My mom's room was on the opposite side of his hallway with a view of nothing. The room was nice, but no view.

Our room was on the corner near the quiet pool hot tub. Our 'bigger' room had an additional small table and an ottoman. We opened up to the grassy area though but could climb down a step to the pool area. The view of the Boardwalk was GREAT! And we loved being able to see the ducks in the morning or walk out to the grassy area. If someone stays in the room, you can come and go through the patio area (they don't lock from the outside so you can't all leave the room and lock it). We were practically spitting distance from Epcot (but I'd never spit at WDW :laughing:). There was some patio furniture (2 chairs & table) too.

Our room # was 1559 and I HIGHLY recommend it.

We had a corner king room at the Beach Club.

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Stormalong Bay:

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thought I'd post this here, too. Thanks to bellebride! Great pix of a king bed corner room at the BC. Really hard to get this room! We stayed in one our very first BC trip and always requested it again on subsequent trips. Unfortunately, it was always unavailable. It was a treat to get it the first time though. :goodvibes

Hi TeenaS

You are so helpful,and your making my upcomming trip in July to the Beach club so much more enjoyable with all your good advice and knowledge of this fantastic resort. I'll be going with my husband , to celebrate our 20th wedding aniversary, although this was supposed to be a romantic getaway, my son who keeps getting remarkable grades and is a real good kid is comming along with us. We are taking his best friend to keep him company so we will get a little bit of alone time ( he is a teen) Then my parents showed a great deal of interest of joining us because they love the Beach club and us. So how does a daughter say no to them. So thats that. My question to you are the rooms on CL a little bit larger then a standard room , I do know there are a couple rooms listed as a standard that are bigger then the normal, I stood in one a couple years back, can I request that very same room which is standard even though Im staying at club level. I know I may not receive the request , do they even do this? I wouldn't even ask this if I wasn't taking two 6 ft teenagers, and being the only female in the room, requesting this room would allow me a little more privacy to get ready. If they don't do it thats ok, I'm just happy we are going. Thanks for your help. I hope the Beach Club management knows what a treasure you are.:)

Hi TeenaS

You are so helpful,and your making my upcomming trip in July to the Beach club so much more enjoyable with all your good advice and knowledge of this fantastic resort. I'll be going with my husband , to celebrate our 20th wedding aniversary, although this was supposed to be a romantic getaway, my son who keeps getting remarkable grades and is a real good kid is comming along with us. We are taking his best friend to keep him company so we will get a little bit of alone time ( he is a teen) Then my parents showed a great deal of interest of joining us because they love the Beach club and us. So how does a daughter say no to them. So thats that. My question to you are the rooms on CL a little bit larger then a standard room , I do know there are a couple rooms listed as a standard that are bigger then the normal, I stood in one a couple years back, can I request that very same room which is standard even though Im staying at club level. I know I may not receive the request , do they even do this? I wouldn't even ask this if I wasn't taking two 6 ft teenagers, and being the only female in the room, requesting this room would allow me a little more privacy to get ready. If they don't do it thats ok, I'm just happy we are going. Thanks for your help. I hope the Beach Club management knows what a treasure you are.:)

If you book a CL room (standard, garden or water) they are all on the fifth floor. Like our other floors, the rooms are various sizes. Some are larger than the average, some are a tad smaller than the average. And all our rooms on all five floors have different beddings and furniture setups in them too.

If you booked a CL room, you'll be on the fifth floor, unless you book a deluxe room. You may want to consider a deluxe room for you and the boys to give you more room. Those rooms are definitely larger and there are only six of them and they all have daybeds. They are on the first, second, third and fourth floor. You could just book a regular CL room for your parents. The deluxe rooms are a tad more expensive than a garden/standard view CL room but less than a water view CL room.

You can definitely request a certain room number but if it's not in the category you booked, they can't give it to you. So if you request room 2641 (one of my favorite rooms) and you booked a standard view room, you won't get it because it's a water view room. If you request a room on the second floor and booked a standard/garden or water view club level room, you won't get the second floor room because it's not a club level room. Also, although you request a certain room number, that room will have to be vacant on the day you arrive and the chances of that could be slim. We hate to disappoint people but our resort is a busy resort and we have to block rooms without creating "holes" so if the room you request becomes vacant a day before you arrive, we can't keep it vacant for a night and assign it to you if we are full.

We certainly try very hard to meet requests but unfortunately we can't always do it ... the rooms just aren't available on the day of check-in.

Hope that helps!

How likely is it to get a King Std connecting with a 2 queen? We will be there July 5th and need adjoining room for our kids and myself and husband (kids are 3 girls 17, 15, 13). I would love to have a king bed for a change! This would be our first trip with not actually having the kids in our room. It's our oldest's graduation present that we are taking her best friend along! We would have any better odds at YC instead? The view (std) does not matter in the slightest. Would love to have a balcony to sit and have coffee on but don't really care too much about that either. We are easy to please for the most part - would just like to not have a 5 mile hike to the room from the lbby lke we had when we stayed at the YC. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker either;). Any ideas or suggestions??

Thankyou Teenas, you have helped alot. I will see if we can swing a Deluxe this trip, if not I will make a normal size cl room work. My parents said they will be getting thier own room, if we all still want to love each other after this trip:lmao: thankyou for answering me so quick.

I can give you a first hand account of a ground floor room! I stayed there in April 2008 and had the BEST room. My family had two other rooms and their rooms were nice, but we definitely got the best one. My brother was on a patio right on the quiet pool area (so yes, they have rooms that open up to the pool area - the QUIET pool area. Stormalong Bay is outside of the general areas of the hotel, not the rooms). It was actually a tad smaller than my room and he said it was a bit noisy for his toddlers but they managed. My mom's room was on the opposite side of his hallway with a view of nothing. The room was nice, but no view.

Our room was on the corner near the quiet pool hot tub. Our 'bigger' room had an additional small table and an ottoman. We opened up to the grassy area though but could climb down a step to the pool area. The view of the Boardwalk was GREAT! And we loved being able to see the ducks in the morning or walk out to the grassy area. If someone stays in the room, you can come and go through the patio area (they don't lock from the outside so you can't all leave the room and lock it). We were practically spitting distance from Epcot (but I'd never spit at WDW :laughing:). There was some patio furniture (2 chairs & table) too.

Our room # was 1559 and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Tinkerbellie,

Thank you so muchfor that GREAT information! Were all 3 of your rooms ground floor? Were yours and your brother's waterview rooms? or std view?

How likely is it to get a King Std connecting with a 2 queen? We will be there July 5th and ned adjoining room for our kids and myself and husband (kids are 3 girls 17, 15, 13). I would love to have a king bed for a change! This would be our first trip with not actually having the kids in our room. It's our oldest's graduation present that we are taking her best friend along! We would have any better odds at YC instead? The view (std) does not matter in the slightest. Would love to have a balcony to sit and have coffee on but don't really care too much about that either. We are easy to please for the most part - would just like to not have a 5 mile hike to the room from the lbby lke we had when we stayed at the YC. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker either;). Any ideas or suggestions??

There aren't many of that combination unfortunately. I assume both rooms are on the same reservation which will allow the room assignor to see that the children are in the second room and thus will give you connecting rooms. I would add the request "full balcony & close to lobby" to your reservation. You will definitely get a full balcony if you were at the YC so if you change to the YC, you could just make your request "close to lobby".

As far as getting two connecting rooms with one being a king ... it's a long shot at both the BC and YC. There just aren't many of those combinations.

I saw an all ears that the Crew Cup has really expanded their menu! Looks good to me - especially the lobster bisque!

SO excited!! Just switched from GF GV to BC LV CL :cool1:
We've had 2 quick trips to BC but never CL. Can't wait to read through this thread :yay:

SO excited!! Just switched from GF GV to BC LV CL :cool1:
We've had 2 quick trips to BC but never CL. Can't wait to read through this thread :yay:

How exciting!:cool1:

Welcome aboard! :boat:

I saw an all ears that the Crew Cup has really expanded their menu! Looks good to me - especially the lobster bisque!

WOW! It looks really yummy too:thumbsup2

We are going for our first "Epcot" side trip in April and are staying at the Yacht Club. DH is worried about breakfast food. Other than walking over to BC Marketplace, is there anywhere at YC to get something hot for breakfast to bring back to the room other than ordering room service? Will Captain's Grille(sp?) do bfst to go? And...is there a little coffee kiosk with real coffee and maybe some pastries at the YC?

We may go over to Piccabu's for breakfast one or 2 mornings but we really prefer to eat in the room before heading out for the day. The room service menu looks OK but nothing spectacular. We have been spoiled by CCs at the Poly. Any insight on hot bfst food...fast? Also--the kids will most likely be eating cereal and such in the room as they aren't big eaters.

TIA:goodvibes

Love this thread!! We are debating staying here in June for DH's 30th. I am hoping the kids will enjoy the pool. We took them to a pool once but they both screamed until we found a baby pool, which they both really enjoyed.

For us adults though, a balcony is a must. I've heard BC balonies can leave a lot to desired. What do I need to request in order to get a proper balcony? Is there a specific room type or concierge or is it all types of rooms?

I saw that, too, Robyn. I wondered when it changed again. We use to enjoy popping in there for a burger or sandwich. I'm so glad Crew's Cup is serving food again.:thumbsup2

I have another question about Cape May Cafe. We are going there for breakfast in March to celebrate both of my DDs birthdays. When I called to put the celebrations on the reservation the CM asked me if I wanted the restaurant to give the girls a treasure chest with a banner in it and a toy (of course I said yes), but I was just wondering what this looked like. So if anyone has a picture of this I would be very appreciative if you could post it for me to see. This breakfast is a surprise to my girls because this is their favorite character meal and they will be so ecstatic to have this extra special pixie dust for their birthdays. TIA.

Check out this thread - page 3, post 38 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118274&page=3

Thank you so much :goodvibes. My girls will be so excited when they get this :woohoo:

Just so you know ahead of time - Disney does the princess treasure box and the pirate treasure box. We had the pirate treasure box last year for one part of ds's birthday trip. There is a charge - I'm not sure exactly but I think we paid $15.00.

Totally off topic - BCV23 - can you see my shamrock? All I'm seeing is a red x. I had ds help me (totally computer inept). It better work or we've paid way too much for his undergraduate degree (and he's in law school now!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter