• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know ahead of time - Disney does the princess treasure box and the pirate treasure box. We had the pirate treasure box last year for one part of ds's birthday trip. There is a charge - I'm not sure exactly but I think we paid $15.00.

That is not a problem, I was telling my DH all about what the girls are going to get and showed the picture of it too, I told him that the CM didn't tell me about there being a charge, but I figure there would be. He said that that that was fine because it is for their birthdays :goodvibes

Quick Service Breakfast
Served 7 - 11 AM

Bounty Breakfast Platter
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes, Biscuit
and Pancake
... $8.29
Pancakes with Bacon ... $5.19
Ham and Cheese Omelet with Breakfast
Potatoes ... $6.99
Assorted Pastries ... $2.29-$2.59
Yogurt Parfait ... $4.29
Fruit Cup ... $3.39
Cereal with Milk ... $3.09

Kids Picks
Pancakes or Scrambled Eggs
with Bacon and Applesauce .... $4.39
Cereal with Milk with choice of
Beverage .... $4.39

Teena: Can you tell me if Breakfast is still being served at Beaches and cream? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Is this counter service much like Capn Cooks at poly???

Thanks!
We will be there 5-12 to 5-18...hope we have achance to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me about the views of the first floor rooms?
Do they all have patios? Is there room to play outside the rooms for the kids? Is there furniture on the patios?
Do any go right out to the pool or SAB? Do they go around the entire property? My kids loved being able to go outside on our patio at Poly last time. Are BC grounds as nice??? Any special requests I should make re: location
if asking for 1st floor room.

Teena (or anyone else ): Is there anything you can offer regarding 1st floor rooms. Mykids really enjoyed it at the poly. What are our chances of getting one? Also, what about view? Are the water/pool view rooms worth the extra $. Are they along the pool? Any suggestions for where we might want to be if we are on 1st floor. We are currently GV CL, but I think we are going to change because we don't want to be on 5th floor and Deluxe room is not available. We would really like a 1st floor room with patio. Any help you could offer would be appreciated, as always!
Thanks!

Teena (or anyone else ): Is there anything you can offer regarding 1st floor rooms. Mykids really enjoyed it at the poly. What are our chances of getting one? Also, what about view? Are the water/pool view rooms worth the extra $. Are they along the pool? Any suggestions for where we might want to be if we are on 1st floor. We are currently GV CL, but I think we are going to change because we don't want to be on 5th floor and Deluxe room is not available. We would really like a 1st floor room with patio. Any help you could offer would be appreciated, as always!
Thanks!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. We had a standard room. I asked for near the lobby and first floor on the online check in. We got the first floor and not so far from the lobby. We were on a kind of corner looking out into trees and a row of other room patio's. We had a tiny patio and a couple of chairs. We could see the high parts of Illuminations over the trees. 1578 I believe it was. The location was perfect for us and honestly we never open the curtains in any hotel. For us a water view would not be worth the money unless it was a first floor patio on the quiet pool. We would for sure use it for access to the pool & laundry.

Actually speaking of that - is it possible to request that location? I would hate to not get it and have to pay for a view I never saw.

Just so you know ahead of time - Disney does the princess treasure box and the pirate treasure box. We had the pirate treasure box last year for one part of ds's birthday trip. There is a charge - I'm not sure exactly but I think we paid $15.00.

Totally off topic - BCV23 - can you see my shamrock? All I'm seeing is a red x. I had ds help me (totally computer inept). It better work or we've paid way too much for his undergraduate degree (and he's in law school now!).

Robyn, I can't see it at all although I do see your sweet thank you.

Maybe your signature is too long? Mine was. My usual signature ending did show at the bottom when I looked at my preview but did't show up when I posted. I tinkered to make it shorter.

All I did was copy and paste the entire address, put
at the end. There may have been an URL to erase? Good luck.

BTW, I'm sure your money was well spent on that degree.:goodvibes

Another OT: HockeyMomR, I thought I sent the shamrock wreath to you but after I saw you post realized I sent it to the wrong hockey mom.:rotfl: If you want it, let me know.

Off to BCV tomorrow. See you real soon, Teena!

:wave: I'm used to seeing you on the GF thread! Happy Planning!! :goodvibes

Thank you Misti :flower3: Are you a huge BC fan, as well as GF?
I'm excited about our BC stay, especially since the rooms (and the CL lounge) have been renovated since our stays there :woohoo:

I can't wait for it to be SUMMER and to be able to walk to Epcot and DHS :cloud9: My daughter can't wait for SAB!

Have all of the rooms at the Yacht Club been refurbished? We'll be there for spring break and would love a room with the new decor.

I have learned from reading this thread all day that the answer to your question is "Yes"!

Thank you! :thumbsup2 I was selling girl scout cookies at a booth sale all day :crazy:, so I hadn't read through it all.

I can't wait to see the new rooms. We haven't stayed at YC since 2008, but the kids remember the pool! I sure hope it's warm enough to swim when we are there.

Teena: Can you tell me if Breakfast is still being served at Beaches and cream? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Is this counter service much like Capn Cooks at poly???

Thanks!
We will be there 5-12 to 5-18...hope we have achance to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!

No, unfortunately the Beaches & Cream breakfast was a test and it only lasted about a month.

I should be there two days while you are there ... May is the only month I don't have a trip planned so I'll be working the entire month (two days a week). I look forward to meeting you too!

Thanks!

I like the first floor rooms. You don't have to worry about getting an ugly roof view. Obviously the water view first floor rooms will either be right next to the quiet pool or view the lake so the view will be nicer. The standard view first floor rooms normally face a walkway or wooded area. My favorite first floor room is 1606 and it's a standard view.

Can I ask why you don't want to be on the 5th floor?

I like the first floor rooms. You don't have to worry about getting an ugly roof view. Obviously the water view first floor rooms will either be right next to the quiet pool or view the lake so the view will be nicer. The standard view first floor rooms normally face a walkway or wooded area. My favorite first floor room is 1606 and it's a standard view.

Can I ask why you don't want to be on the 5th floor?

I guess I don't want to be on the 5th floor because we can't have a walk out area on the upper floors. I wish I could get club level & have 1st floor (Deluxe all sold out daty we are there). What is so special about rm 1606?
What does it look out to? Is it close to lobby? Where is it located?

Thanks do much for all the time you spend making sure our vacations are PERFECT!!! :)

Robin

How likely is it to get a King Std connecting with a 2 queen? We will be there July 5th and need adjoining room for our kids and myself and husband (kids are 3 girls 17, 15, 13). I would love to have a king bed for a change! This would be our first trip with not actually having the kids in our room. It's our oldest's graduation present that we are taking her best friend along! We would have any better odds at YC instead? The view (std) does not matter in the slightest. Would love to have a balcony to sit and have coffee on but don't really care too much about that either. We are easy to please for the most part - would just like to not have a 5 mile hike to the room from the lbby lke we had when we stayed at the YC. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker either;). Any ideas or suggestions??

Does anyone know the answer ?

BCV23 - Have a wonderful trip - can't wait for a full report!

LuvinDisney2010 - the 5th floor is very nice. I don't think you would be disappointed if you stayed up there. It's very convenient to walk down to the lounge. We have a deluxe room booked and that's the trade off we give up being able to just walk down to the lounge in the morning.

TheresaNY, Teena answered this not long after you asked...

How likely is it to get a King Std connecting with a 2 queen? We will be there July 5th and need adjoining room for our kids and myself and husband (kids are 3 girls 17, 15, 13). I would love to have a king bed for a change! This would be our first trip with not actually having the kids in our room. It's our oldest's graduation present that we are taking her best friend along! We would have any better odds at YC instead? The view (std) does not matter in the slightest. Would love to have a balcony to sit and have coffee on but don't really care too much about that either. We are easy to please for the most part - would just like to not have a 5 mile hike to the room from the lbby lke we had when we stayed at the YC. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker either;). Any ideas or suggestions??

There aren't many of that combination unfortunately. I assume both rooms are on the same reservation which will allow the room assignor to see that the children are in the second room and thus will give you connecting rooms. I would add the request "full balcony & close to lobby" to your reservation. You will definitely get a full balcony if you were at the YC so if you change to the YC, you could just make your request "close to lobby".

As far as getting two connecting rooms with one being a king ... it's a long shot at both the BC and YC. There just aren't many of those combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter