• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of staying at the BC CL this fall for a long weekend with DH only and no kids! This would mean lots more Ecpot time...

We have always stayed at the GF or the CR and would love to learn some more about CL at the BC....and opinions about staying at an Epcot resort...

Thanks!

Thinking of staying at the BC CL this fall for a long weekend with DH only and no kids! This would mean lots more Ecpot time...

We have always stayed at the GF or the CR and would love to learn some more about CL at the BC....and opinions about staying at an Epcot resort...

Thanks!

I'll be checking in tomorrow @ BC CL. I'll report back on my opinions next week!

Well we changed our plans! My in-laws have decided to join us for the first week of our July trip so we switched from the deluxe cl room to a gv cl room. As much as we love the deluxe room I know when we did our Grand Gathering the kids loved being able to run into my mom or the older kids rooms. It would be too hard being on different floors. I really like my in-laws and they've done Disney with us before so I would rather switch rooms and have them come with us.

So while I'll miss our big room and extra space I know I made the right decision.

Also since the AP rates came out and were the same as the code I had I was able to add on the DDP with the AP rate.

Robyn - sounds like an excellent plan! How nice your kids will be able to visit your inlaws just down the hall! :thumbsup2

I'll be checking in tomorrow @ BC CL. I'll report back on my opinions next week!

I'm here now at beach club CL and it's awesome!! Been here with dd since last Thursday . Leaving Sunday . Maybe we'll bump into each other. My little girl will be the blonde with the yellow belle dress at dinner time! Lol

have a great trip!

Julie

Is it just my computer -- or are all of the photos from the first pages of this thread 'unavailable' from photobook? Thanks:eek:

Is it just my computer -- or are all of the photos from the first pages of this thread 'unavailable' from photobook? Thanks:eek:

No, it's not just you, I see the same thing! :sad2:
Looks like we're going to need a new thread soon anyways.

JUJU, hope you are having a great time there at WDW and the BC!!!! :wave:

This will be my first visit to WDW. I am going with my husband and 6 year old son. I originally booked the VWL on the recommendation of a coworker, but after doing some research I decided the BCV might be more our style. I have been checking every morning and the discounted rooms have been sold out for some time - until this morning! I just changed to BCV and I am so excited I can't even believe it. I think we are going to love this resort!

Well we changed our plans! My in-laws have decided to join us for the first week of our July trip so we switched from the deluxe cl room to a gv cl room. As much as we love the deluxe room I know when we did our Grand Gathering the kids loved being able to run into my mom or the older kids rooms. It would be too hard being on different floors. I really like my in-laws and they've done Disney with us before so I would rather switch rooms and have them come with us.

So while I'll miss our big room and extra space I know I made the right decision.

Also since the AP rates came out and were the same as the code I had I was able to add on the DDP with the AP rate.

How fun for your family. DDP for two weeks...happy planning and dining!:cool1:

Just want to see my new ticker :teeth:

Hope Teena is having great weather and a lot of fun on her cruise :cutie:

Nice ticker, johnsonet! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear from Teena. :surfweb:

Have a wonderful vacation! :cool1:

I'm here now at beach club CL and it's awesome!! Been here with dd since last Thursday . Leaving Sunday . Maybe we'll bump into each other. My little girl will be the blonde with the yellow belle dress at dinner time! Lol

have a great trip!

Julie

Julie, so glad you're enjoying the BC. Enjoy the rest of your trip. :dance3:

This will be my first visit to WDW. I am going with my husband and 6 year old son. I originally booked the VWL on the recommendation of a coworker, but after doing some research I decided the BCV might be more our style. I have been checking every morning and the discounted rooms have been sold out for some time - until this morning! I just changed to BCV and I am so excited I can't even believe it. I think we are going to love this resort!

How exciting! Congratulations on snagging a discount at BCV. Welcome to the thread and happy planning! :grouphug:

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while and just decided to jump in and ask a question. I'm headed to YC for a convention in May. While this will be my 8th trip to the World, it's my first time at a deluxe resort and my first time at the YC (and my first time alone).:cool1:

I love collecting my refillable mugs, but I had read reviews that refilling mugs was difficult from the YC. People complained about the "hike" over to the BC to refill. How far is it? Our last trip we were at POFQ in bldg 1, which is about as far from the mug refill as you can get and that was manageable for me.

Also, do you have to go to the Marketplace to get the mugs or can you buy them at Hurricane Hanna's?

Thanks,
Jen

Hi All - Originally, we were staying at VWL and had a fishing excursion scheduled out of WL, but we changed to BCV this morning :-))) and changed our fishing reservation to the Epcot lake based on the CM's recommendation. After doing some research, it looks like the MK lakes might be much better for a two hour fishing trip so I'm thinking of taking the boat from WL even though we'll be staying at BCV. Does anyone have any experience with the Disney fishing trips?

I am sure I read something about this but now I can't find it with the search feature.

My daughter and I will be at BC from 4/20-28:cool1:

1. Are you allowed to bring in your own pool noodles or floats if they are clear? I've read posts about people told to put their own floats away, but I also thought I had read that you can bring something of your own instead of renting. I think now that I may have been deluded!

2. If you can't bring your own, how much is it to rent or buy their rings/noodles? Edit: Oops is it still $3 for 1 hour and $10/day? Any "nulk" purchase option?

Thanks so much!

I once used Google Earth to measure that distance. It's something like 500 meters. So, approximately a quarter mile using the paths. 5 min walking.

We are planning lots of trips over to the Dolphin for dining as well! 50% off for active duty military!!!

Wow! We might try the Dolphin restaurants when we stay. Where did you see the 50% off? Does it include all restaurants there?

THANKS!

Us too! We'll be there for dinner on 3/27. I'll report back how it was. MIL will be watching our kids. Love her for that! :love:

We're staying CL at BC, but I think we'll venture over to Picabu's for some hot breakfast one or two times. Our kids LOVE wafles and pancakes, and all that stuff.

How much extra is CL? I tried to find the info but wasn't able to. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter