• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm sure there are people who are definitely more in need of assistance than we are, but I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible. We're really hoping for the best, but if it's too difficult for her to spend time in the sun, being able to stand in a shady line for a ride or two may make a big difference. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

:)

I don't think people need more assistance that you, just different assistance. I understand that they make the GAC for what each person needs. It is an individualized thing. Why shouldn't your sister have something so that she can enjoy the park, too. You guys are paying for it. I had read some on the disAbilities thread because of my skin allergies, and the moderator (Sue M) pointed me in the right direction. They should be able to help you, too. Don't feel bad about asking for whatever your sister needs to be able to enjoy her vacation. I understand that the parks are EXTREMELY good at helping provide whatever assistance you need! I wish I had been able to say more of this earlier, but I was on my iPod, and it takes a lot to type more. I hope that you can find whatever you need to help your sister enjoy some of the parks as much as anyone else. One tip that I have to get her to some other parks is to use a taxi if you don't have a car with you. It will save you from potentially having to stand in the sun for the bus. The bus stop is covered at YC, and I think that there is some covering at the parks but not much. If she could stand in the shade at the parks while one of your party flags down a taxi, it might be more comfortable for her.

I'll be there on the 18th and 19th (Sunday and Monday). They are trying out different hours for my position in the lobby so I can't tell you for sure the hours I'll be there. Normally I worked either 7:30 to 4:00 or 8:30 to 5:00. The last two days I worked 9:30 to 6:00 and I have a feeling that might be what they go with permanently. I'm looking forward to meeting you also. I love my disboard friends!!

Yay, we arrive on the Sunday so will definitely get to see you this trip on Sunday and Monday.

I'll be there on the 18th and 19th (Sunday and Monday). They are trying out different hours for my position in the lobby so I can't tell you for sure the hours I'll be there. Normally I worked either 7:30 to 4:00 or 8:30 to 5:00. The last two days I worked 9:30 to 6:00 and I have a feeling that might be what they go with permanently. I'm looking forward to meeting you also. I love my disboard friends!!

Yea! We'll be looking for you!

Ok, I have a stupid question, and what's funny is that it really doesn't matter.
I've read people saying that their std. view at the BC had a view of the illuminations fireworks. I am staying YC CL std. view. Is there any rooms in that category that can see the fireworks, too? As I said, probably more info than I need to know.:rotfl:

:wave2::wave2::wave2:Hello to Teena and all YC/BC fans from a wet and cold England. We're staying at the YC for 2 weeks from 22nd August and can't wait (not concierge though :sad2: !!) I've been a member of The Dibb for a couple of years and thought I should join it's big sister - Disboards!! I've got this thread in my favourites and so far know which view to request, where to refill my mug, get breakfast and most importantly - where to find Teena to say hello :wave2: ! I'm sure I will be asking many more questions as it gets nearer to my holiday but to everyone who's going soon - have a brilliant time!

:wave2::wave2::wave2:Hello to Teena and all YC/BC fans from a wet and cold England. We're staying at the YC for 2 weeks from 22nd August and can't wait (not concierge though :sad2: !!) I've been a member of The Dibb for a couple of years and thought I should join it's big sister - Disboards!! I've got this thread in my favourites and so far know which view to request, where to refill my mug, get breakfast and most importantly - where to find Teena to say hello :wave2: ! I'm sure I will be asking many more questions as it gets nearer to my holiday but to everyone who's going soon - have a brilliant time!

Looking forward to saying hello to you too. I'm usually away the last part of August helping my daughter in her classroom but since you are there for two weeks, I'll bet our paths will cross!!

:wave2::wave2::wave2 I've got this thread in my favourites and so far know which view to request, where to refill my mug, get breakfast

Our first ever deluxe stay is starting on 4/11 at BC for 3 nights!!:cool1::cool1:

Without reading through all 200+ pages, a few questions: where can I refill my mug(even in the early am:goodvibes), what time does SAB close?, and do any of the rooms have a docking station for Ipods?(I saw that the BCV do, but what about rooms?):confused3

TIA...getting close:yay::yay:

Hi all - just wanted to say thank you for the great information provided in this thread. We enjoyed a wonderful trip to the Beach Club earlier this month, and reading through the information here got me excited (and prepared) before the trip!

Everything about our trip was fantastic - Teena was even the first CM who helped us when we arrived - thanks! :goodvibes We loved the feel and atmosphere of the Beach Club, the easy walk to Epcot, the (usually) quick boat ride to Hollywood Studios, and all of the activities in the BC area. Prior to this trip, we'd had another trip booked for September 2010 for the Grand Floridian, but during our Beach Club stay I called and switched us over to the Beach Club - can't wait to get back! :thumbsup2

I've started a trip report with photos of our room, the Beach Club, SAB, and the club level lounge, so if anyone's looking for recent pics, come on over and say hi! :goodvibes

Hi, we'll be staying at BC in late spring, and I am wondering where/how I could get hot water at the hotel to make a cup of tea. I drink a hot Green Chai tea a few times a day, and don't want to go without it while at the world. I'll have the teabags with me, so I'm just needing hot water. If I bring a cup and tea bag from my room, can I fill it with hot H20 at marketplace?

Help me out teadrinkers.... :)

That is wonderful to hear. We were originally booked at the GF, then WLV and then sorted out that we are probably BCV people. Your positive comments make me feel even better about my final choice. I alos love your trip report. Thank you!

That is wonderful to hear. We were originally booked at the GF, then WLV and then sorted out that we are probably BCV people. Your positive comments make me feel even better about my final choice. I alos love your trip report. Thank you!

Choosing a resort can be so difficult, can't it? In my opinion at least, sounds like you've decided on the right one! :thumbsup2

Hi all - just wanted to say thank you for the great information provided in this thread. We enjoyed a wonderful trip to the Beach Club earlier this month, and reading through the information here got me excited (and prepared) before the trip!

Everything about our trip was fantastic - Teena was even the first CM who helped us when we arrived - thanks! :goodvibes We loved the feel and atmosphere of the Beach Club, the easy walk to Epcot, the (usually) quick boat ride to Hollywood Studios, and all of the activities in the BC area. Prior to this trip, we'd had another trip booked for September 2010 for the Grand Floridian, but during our Beach Club stay I called and switched us over to the Beach Club - can't wait to get back! :thumbsup2

I've started a trip report with photos of our room, the Beach Club, SAB, and the club level lounge, so if anyone's looking for recent pics, come on over and say hi! :goodvibes

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm super happy you will be back with us in September!!!!

Our first ever deluxe stay is starting on 4/11 at BC for 3 nights!!:cool1::cool1:

Without reading through all 200+ pages, a few questions: where can I refill my mug(even in the early am:goodvibes), what time does SAB close?, and do any of the rooms have a docking station for Ipods?(I saw that the BCV do, but what about rooms?):confused3

TIA...getting close:yay::yay:

We arrive April 11, too! Mug refill: the Marketplace is probably the easiest place. SAB: I believe it closes at 10PM? Ipod docking: it's part of the clock radio so every room should have it. Have a great trip! :wave:

We arrive April 11, too! Mug refill: the Marketplace is probably the easiest place. SAB: I believe it closes at 10PM? Ipod docking: it's part of the clock radio so every room should have it. Have a great trip! :wave:

Right now SAB times are for Easter week only. By the 11th, it might be back to 8 or 9 PM. It changes due to capacity, weather, etc. I tend not to answer this question by giving absolute times since, like the parks, it can change weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter